25 replies to this topic

#21 Mitch

Mitch

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 03:24 AM

I've read the string on the zen and it seems like a dream come true. It's not like low wind is my objective. It's pretty much what I have to work with. I've had a struggle learning on the Rev II; twitchy and needs more wind than I generally have. I'm attracted to the wind range of the B series but it gets advertised as a pro level kite. I was worried that, like the II, it might be a bit too fast for me. That was my original idea about the Sedgewick, it seemed "stately". But you all have made a good argument for the B as a first kite in lightwindland. OMG, it would already be my second. Boy these things really are addictive. I can hardly fly mine and I already want another one. AND I am sort of waiting for the zen to come out. Slipping away into the dark side!

So, last bit of reassure. You don't think the B is too tricky to learn on at 3mph.

I've dutifully written the rest down. 90# Laser Pro Gold. Race rods because they're light but you can still bang them on the ground while you're figuring it out. No mylar. JB's DVD. Buy new from a helpful shop. In for a penny, in for a pound, so don't cheap out. Shun the frumious SLE, for all it's sturdiness. Have I forgotten anything?

True about stakes. I make my own, since I use them for flying duel lines. Still, I do admire Walt's marble top beauties. Maybe as a special treat. (PS, I have a little entry in the non-kite section under "the humble stake", mostly about a good holster design).

Your advice, patience, and enthusiasm have really gotten me excited about Revs. Thanks.
Mitch

#22 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 06:25 AM

IMHO any kite is difficult to learn on in 3mph of wind.

However I have flown both B and Sedgwicks in winds that light.

The best wind is a constant wind. Of course we all have to put up with what we have got. And just at the moment what I have got is nowt. Oh well.

One thing I am fairly sure of Mitch, the next Rev you buy is probably not going to be the last one you buy.

Best of luck.

#23 UKTotty

UKTotty
  • Forum Member
  • 23 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 01:23 AM

Well mine arrived yesterday!

Pics to follow, looks to be in great nick, but came with SUL spars?? Is that right?

#24 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 09:30 AM

Could be with any spars. I have 2, 3, 4 wrap and Race for my Rev 1's.

You need to be a bit cautious if you are using light Rods in gusty winds. Especially with a Rev 1. Saying that I have had a fantastic bend in my leading edge a couple of times. Almost looks like it is going to make a loop.

#25 kitecowboy

kitecowboy

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 03:11 PM

I just bought a used Rev1 from a guy in the USA for $75
Thought it was a pretty good deal, just awaiting delivery now!

I'll give you 80!!
Cowboy, rocks in your pockets couldn't hurt.

#26 UKTotty

UKTotty
  • Forum Member
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 03:38 AM

I'll give you 80!!

LOL OK

NOT!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users