What could possibly go wrong?

#2 kairusan

kairusan

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 06:59 PM

Your signature is extremely appropriate to this video.
kairusan

#3 bake

bake
  • Forum Member
  • 36 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 07:17 PM

I am just trying to learn embedding... On holidays in Oregon and this mutt came after my kite, this is his second attempt at taking me out so I thought I should tease him. His owner thought "all dogs mst be on a leash" didn't apply to them, glad he never got it.
What could possibly go wrong?

#4 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 03:05 AM

Looks like fun
I soppose the downside would be when the dog grabs a kite that the owner didnt want chaseing,biteing.

Have a great weekend

BRIAN...

#5 kairusan

kairusan

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 02:32 PM

His owner thought "all dogs mst be on a leash" didn't apply to them, glad he never got it.

I love dogs, but I so detest that sort of thing. There's a field near my house that I go flying at sometimes, and it has all kinds of NO DOGS ALLOWED signs plastered all over its fences and gates. And yet, not only does absolutely no one ever pay attention to those signs, but there are several people who regularly drive out to the field just to play fetch or whatever with their dogs. Again and again, I see these same people come, walk right past the ABSOLUTELY NO DOGS ALLOWED, YES, THIS MEANS YOU signs, and let their dogs have the run of the field.

Fortunately, I've yet to have a kite get eaten there, but I have come close a couple times. I've also managed to dodge the dog doo-doo piles so far (yes, of course, none of these people bother to clean up after their dogs; the field is just their personal doggy bathroom I guess).

Yes, I love dogs. But their owners, sometimes they drive me nuts.
kairusan

#6 AldenMiler

AldenMiler

Bazzer P Wannabe

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,437 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 05:57 PM

Hmmm, I seem to remember doing something very similar with a friend of ours kid for about a half hour...

Being a multi dog owner I think it's inexcusable that the owner let this happen even though there was no destruction.

Last thing, Antman take a valium so you can sleep after seeing this!

-Alden
"Don't go in there!" RC

#7 John Barresi

John Barresi

Forum Guru

• Forum Host
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,946 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 09:02 AM

Should have led the dog out into the water, send the owner home with wet dog smell and wet seats. :devil:

John Barresi

johnbarresi.com | kitelife.com | learnkites.comkitemap.org | Rev Tutorials
youtube.com/kitelife | facebook.com/kitelifemagazine | KiteLife on Google+

"We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails."
(found in a fortune cookie - possibly an Einstein quote)

My full list of kite articles - kitelife.com/author/john-barresi

Please reward posts that are helpful, give positive reputation by clicking on "Like This" button on the right side of each post.

#8 Felix Mottram

Felix Mottram

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,863 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 09:43 AM

Should have led the dog out into the water, send the owner home with wet dog smell and wet seats.

Good thinking.

No blame...

Felix

#9 Brad B

Brad B
  • Forum Member
  • 29 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 05:10 PM

I often take my dog to a local beach to fly. One day this summer a Beagle became infatuated with my kite and his owner, thinking it was entertaining to all his friends, encouraged him to chase it to the point I couldn't land. So I took my "leashed" dog and started walking down the beach, kite in the air. We walked... and walked... and walked. The Beagle paid no attention to his frantic owner calling him. The dog was having the time of his life and, at that point, 1/2 mile down the beach, so was I. I finally stopped and hovered my kite so the owner could get his dog. I do believe I saw the Beagle wink with satisfaction at me when they walked back.
Brad Bixby
Whidbey Island, WA

Posted Image

#10 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 10:44 PM

I dont know what the Laws say in the USA or anywher outside the uk for Dogs fowling a Public area Here it says .The Owner should clear it up.Ther are some that do,but i dont hesitate in reminding or telling the ones that dont.This sometimes can get a little like hardwork.

Loose Dogs are a pest,but its not the Dogs fault. Kite = Bird,Dogs chase Birds

Owners should have to pass an Ownership Test .Before the Dog can let THEM of a Leash.

BRIAN...

#11 spotter

spotter
  • Forum Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 04:34 PM

Had a friend of mine have his Deepspace eaten by a dog down at a local beach. The owner thought it was great fun that their dog was running around chasing the kite until it grabed hold of it. Ripped a few holes in the kite. He went up to the dog owner and the owner claimed the dog was not theirs, promptly got into the car with the dog and drove off.

The deepspace was repaired and it now nicknames the dashound with all the small circle paches on it.
Trying to fly "Down Under"

#12 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 09:14 AM

Owners should have to pass an Ownership Test .Before the Dog can let THEM of a Leash.

BRIAN...

I am fairly sure my Dog is clever, she is busy teaching me that when she sits in front of me, gives me 5, gives me 10 the "woofs" it meant that I have to give her some nice food.

Clever or what, I think I am training her to ask nicely, she thinks (sorry KNOWS) she is TELLING me it is about time she got some of the nice Steak bits instead of her lovely dried bikky food.

#13 AdventureAng

AdventureAng

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 10:05 AM

You have to admit though, that dog is soooo cute and having sooooo much fun. Owner probobly didn't know better and thought you were just playing along and having a good time as well because it sure does look like it. Just look at his tail wag...it's so cute. I'm a dog lover so I think it's cute, but I do hope that you were able to land the kite with out anything happening to it.
~AdventureAng
Happy flying to everybody. Now get off the computer and get a kite out! hehe

#14 steveb

steveb

Occasional Poseur

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 11:04 AM

This can happen when irresponsible dog owners let their dogs chase kites:

dogbot.jpg :angry:
dogbot01.jpg

I fixed it though:
dogbot02.jpg
dogbot03.jpg
dogbot04.jpg
dogbot05.jpg
dogbot06.jpg B)

Edited by steveb, 08 September 2009 - 11:39 AM.

#15 REVflyer

REVflyer

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 11:51 AM

I had an "extra" from the filming of the Shooter movie chase my kite. Eventually the owner got the dog's attention and the scene returned back to normal.

Attached Thumbnails

• dog_chase1.JPG
  • Dog_chase2.JPG
  • Dog_chase3.JPG
  • dog_gives_up_.JPG
  • director.JPG
  • posse.JPG
  • posse2.JPG
  • breaktime.JPG
  • steady_cam_boom.JPG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users