3 replies to this topic

#1 Dean750

Dean750

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 08:54 AM

I need some tips to hopefully speed up my learning reverse flight. It felt like the control inputs were reversed compared to the inputs outdoors with wind.

I'm almost wondering if the bottom wing is laid out too far and maybe I'm just not rotating my hands fast enough. It just felt weird.

Outdoors I set my reverse speed with the top hand and adjust the bottom hand to keep the bottom wing in line with the top.
Yesterday indoors I just could not set the tone with the top wing. The top kept wanting to fall toward me and kinda bow tie. It really looked like I had a lazy wing. :P

So, any ideas as to what I may be doing wrong?

Dean :blushing:

BTW, B Pro w/ bridle. I prefer the bridle.

Edited by Dean750, 04 September 2009 - 08:56 AM.

#2 JD

JD

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 09:28 AM

I tend to drive with my bottom wing indoors...outside I drive with both.

Edited by JD, 04 September 2009 - 09:28 AM.

#3 Scott A.

Scott A.

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 05:56 AM

With Indoor Rev flying the biggest difference compared to outdoor is using that bottom wing to set or drive in reverse. That is the one thing I found new flyers to needed to get used to. You can't do the REV float to long because the lines are to short, so use the bottom wing to lock it in. Indoor the kite should be square to the flyer more often than not. There is no wind for the the kite to set on.
Scott Weider
Team REV RIDERS

#4 Dean750

Dean750

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 07:49 AM

Thank you guys. I'm glad I wasn't just feeling things. I'll be working on this next time out.

Gotta get my Synchro fixed B)

I'll probably give it a whirl anyway, but should I be or will I have to lead the kite like I've seen most of you do? Meaning, staying a step ahead of the kite and basically pulling the kite through?

Thats another thing to get used to. In my dual line experience (Herb Weldon Synchro 1 Hybrid, Nik Nak and 2 Buena Vista x4I's) Leading wasn't necessary unless you were floating over a long distance.

So outta curiosity, should I be walking slightly away from the kite but sorta in the same direction and save strait back for up and overs and "OH CRAP" moments?

Thanks for helping,

Dean

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users