#1 mousieo

mousieo

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 10:41 PM

Hi all,
I just wanted to let everyone know that the new AKA 2010 Calendar has been released and is available at : http://www.cafepress...store.404709975

Thank you to all of you that contributed and helped with this project. We hope you will enjoy! We have some beautiful photos of some incredible kites and moments in kiting.. some a few rev fliers were lucky enough to experience!

Enjoy!

#2 mousieo

mousieo

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 05:18 AM

Just a note ::: Because it has just been released, the actual pages of the calender when you view them still will read 2009... but no worries, Cafe Press has stated that would happen for a few days but the Calender itself is indeed 2010!!

#3 Jeepster

Jeepster

Curmudgeon

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 937 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 07:05 AM

Congrats to Jim Foster for the July picture!!

Cheers,
Tom

#4 quaa714

quaa714

REVular poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 08:09 AM

And Congrats also to Laura Berg for the September shot which was taken at WSIKF a couple of weeks ago.

"Cya in the Sand!....."

"Slack lines are fine lines!"

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows" BD
"One good thing about music, when it hits you feel no pain" BM
av-1950.jpg

#5 awindofchange

awindofchange

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 10:50 AM

Nice calendar. Have to tell Ian that his Reprise shot from our local flying field made it on the calendar. He will be very stoked!

#6 mousieo

mousieo

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 06:27 PM

There were lots of great photos and it was hard to chose, so if your photo did not make it into the calender, we still may be using it on gift items or clothing! Again ty!
Amy

#7 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 12:29 AM

Some great shots ther Amy.

Realy liked looking through them,Cheers very much.

Would anyone know.and i hope you dont mind me asking.Whos the lucky guy flying the stack[purple one]on Kents calendar[November 2009 awindofchange]at Shoreline Park, CA.Its quite an old photo i think.Ive know wher ive spotted it before.Wondered for ages who owns that Beauty.LUv that shot and the kites awsome.

Thanks in advance

Have a great Weekend everyone.Bravo Mr Jim Foster on Julys winner.Very nice mate.
BRIAN...

#8 Choccy

Choccy

Occasion-al Flyer

• Forum Member
  • 1,880 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 12:39 AM

We have some beautiful photos of some incredible kites and moments in kiting.. some a few rev fliers were lucky enough to experience!

Congratulations to you Mousie, Sherri and all at AKA for producing a beautiful calendar.

Thank you for all your hard work, and for selecting Foop's photo.
It has been a real pleasure to work with you all :blue-love:

I wish to thank Foop for being such a great sport in balancing precariously on a slippery groyne post,
on a cold evening on the English south coast to grab a photograph us flying revs at sunset :wub:

best wishes
C&G - Mr & Miss November ;)

Edited by Choccy, 04 September 2009 - 11:45 AM.

1 of the 47.

#9 awindofchange

awindofchange

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 10:48 AM

Some great shots ther Amy.

Realy liked looking through them,Cheers very much.

Would anyone know.and i hope you dont mind me asking.Whos the lucky guy flying the stack[purple one]on Kents calendar[November 2009 awindofchange]at Shoreline Park, CA.Its quite an old photo i think.Ive know wher ive spotted it before.Wondered for ages who owns that Beauty.LUv that shot and the kites awsome.

Thanks in advance

Have a great Weekend everyone.Bravo Mr Jim Foster on Julys winner.Very nice mate.
BRIAN...

I will have to get a hold of John Chilese on who the pilot was for that stack. I am not sure exactly. John takes all of the pictures for our calendars - as well as that beautiful shot of Ian's Blue Moon Reprise on the new AKA calendar.

BTW, AWOC also has two new 2010 calendars being released once again this year, one just for the Dark Side and one general kiting. Pictures have already been selected and they look sweet! Should have them uploaded on our site within the next week or so. :)

#10 Jim Foster

Jim Foster

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 04:28 PM

Several have mentioned our photo which was used for July.

The story for those who don't know.......

On September 11, 2008 Lynn and I were headed down Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu, California to fly at a park across from Pepperdine College. When we got there, we found that one United States flag had been put on the Pepperdine College lawn for each person who died in the attack on this country on September 11, 2001.

For me, there was only one thing to do, that being, fly one of our patriotic kites over those flags. I flew, Lynn took the photos. After a while, we went across the street to the park and Lynn flew and I took photos. I then made a photo slide show for our Airstream trailer group who were having a rally at Malibu RV. The photo on the calendar is the last one in the slide show.

Some time later I posted that photo video on youtube.

For those who have not seen that photo show, and would like to, here is the link.

Get out a Kleenex and enjoy.

Jim

Fly together! Share the joy, Share the fun

#11 mousieo

mousieo

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 06:28 PM

Several have mentioned our photo which was used for July.

The story for those who don't know.......

On September 11, 2008 Lynn and I were headed down Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu, California to fly at a park across from Pepperdine College. When we got there, we found that one United States flag had been put on the Pepperdine College lawn for each person who died in the attack on this country on September 11, 2001.

For me, there was only one thing to do, that being, fly one of our patriotic kites over those flags. I flew, Lynn took the photos. After a while, we went across the street to the park and Lynn flew and I took photos. I then made a photo slide show for our Airstream trailer group who were having a rally at Malibu RV. The photo on the calendar is the last one in the slide show.

Some time later I posted that photo video on youtube.

For those who have not seen that photo show, and would like to, here is the link.

Get out a Kleenex and enjoy.

Jim

hugs Jim and Lynn.... ty , we have gotten a lot of feedback on this photo.. people love it.
He isn't kidding.. get out the tissue...
hugs amy

#12 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 03:01 AM

I will have to get a hold of John Chilese on who the pilot was for that stack. I am not sure exactly. John takes all of the pictures for our calendars - as well as that beautiful shot of Ian's Blue Moon Reprise on the new AKA calendar.

BTW, AWOC also has two new 2010 calendars being released once again this year, one just for the Dark Side and one general kiting. Pictures have already been selected and they look sweet! Should have them uploaded on our site within the next week or so. :)

Thanks Kent.I did think it may have been Yourself or Paul[Revflyer]

Kent,tell me.Did you get those rubber ducks... :)

BRIAN...

#13 stevepigeon

stevepigeon

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 03:52 AM

Jim thank you for telling us the story behind the photo.

This was a fun project to work on!
Steve & Sherri

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users