Just wanted to say thanks.

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Jimdek

Jimdek
  • Forum Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 09:20 PM

Hi everyone! I have been wanting to thank all of you for sharing your knowledge and experience, which helped me decide which kite to buy. I've never actually asked any questions, but others have, and you responded kindly and generously to them.

I bought a new B-series (night) a few months back. It's a mid-vent and I love it. I have flown it for maybe 30-40 hours total since spring, due mainly to flying only on weekends, and many of those with almost no wind. So I'm still a beginner, but have enough experience to do the basic things with it and keep it in the air.

With the wind such as it was this year, generally light, I thought I had made a mistake in not buying the non-vented version, so I finally bought one of those too. I've only flown it twice, and it's very fun, but harder to control when the wind is gusty, at least for me.

One day I was able to fly both of them, and the mid-vent is definitely my favorite of the two, when there's enough wind to support it. But they are both fun, I don't regret buying either one.

Thanks again for helping me get into this great hobby!

Jim

#2 airin

airin

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 09:34 PM

Gotta love the "night" B. :) Good choice.
Everything Changes

#3 REVflyer

REVflyer

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 02:45 AM

Hi Jim,
I went to college at NIU, (class of '79!)
Welcome to the international family of Rev pilots as well.
-paul

PS: next up is a full vent pro B-series, then you'll be set for everything but indoor flying.
(This is a highly addictive activity and you will never kick the habit once that first & hopefully free sample is tasted!)

#4 LS Kite Stakes

LS Kite Stakes

Make it Custom!

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 06:28 AM

And yet another B Night owner! I bought one when Kent first announced them last fall. I wanted it to have something bright to look at during my winter flying sessions. If you get the chance, fly with other Rev pilots, it will really make this pastime a addiction!

Welcome to the Dark Side Jim!
LS Custom Kite Accessories

Maker of the Original Marble Kite Stake
And Revolution Snagless Pro Handles
http://www.Kitestakes.com

Posted Image

#5 Dean750

Dean750

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 08:37 AM

Revolutions version of energy conservation? (B Night)

Get enough of them up in the sky and you could probably light up a small town. B)

#6 Kitelife

Kitelife

Forum Guru

• Forum Host
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,934 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 09:07 AM

Congrats on the new Rev, and welcome to the forum. :)

John Barresi

johnbarresi.com | kitelife.com | learnkites.com | teamiquad.comkitemap.org
youtube.com/kitelife | facebook.com/kitelifemagazine | KiteLife on Google+

President - American Kitefliers Association

"We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails."
(found in a fortune cookie - possibly an Einstein quote)

My full list of kite articles - kitelife.com/author/john-barresi

Please reward posts that are helpful, give positive reputation by clicking on "Like This" button on the right side of each post.

#7 Jimdek

Jimdek
  • Forum Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 09:20 AM

Thanks for the welcome guys. I'm glad to be here.

Speaking of NIU, a kite fest will be held there on the 13th. I may go if I'm not out flying my kite elsewhere.

I can easily see myself flying these kites for years to come. I didn't even know about them until last year, when I bought a dual line kite, which I've never flown.

Jim

#8 REVflyer

REVflyer

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 09:28 AM

if you've never attended a full-on kite festival it's high time to make a spot on the calendar my friend. Most of us got started by seeing one ourselves! It's even happening in your home town,.. how much better can it get? Go on, get out there and make some new friends!

#9 Jimdek

Jimdek
  • Forum Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 09:54 PM

REVflyer, you're right. I should go and I plan to. However, there is a strong possibility I will be forced into work that day

Jim

#10 Jeepster

Jeepster

Curmudgeon

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 936 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 05:53 AM

REVflyer, you're right. I should go and I plan to. However, there is a strong possibility I will be forced into work that day

Jim

Jim,
I can't find your screen name on the IKE forum, so suspect you haven't taken advantage of their help. If you don't know about them, please check out the following website:

http://www.ikeclub.o...orums/forum.php

You happen to live in the center of IKE club activity!! If you miss the DeKalb festival, you'll still have a chance this year with the Quad Cities festival on the 19th and 20th of September. In the past, it's been a small, locally focused festival. One of the IKE club members is working hard to grow the festival this year. Take a good look at attending it ... in a neat park right on the Mississippi River.

At either the DeKalb or Quad Cities festivals, introduce yourself to the gays and gals in red shirts ... or the 180GO! folks in black shirts. They're the reason I'm flying Revs right now. They introduced me to the sport and then contributed greatly to the skills I have today. Lots of opportunities for help from other fliers living near you and club flies around the middle of the state.

Cheers,
Tom

#11 Jimdek

Jimdek
  • Forum Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 08:47 AM

Thanks for that link, Tom. I thought I was all alone out here, I never see anyone else flying.

At either the DeKalb or Quad Cities festivals, introduce yourself to the guys and gals in red shirts ...

That can't be good. I don't want to be standing next to them if they are going to be vaporized (Star Trek reference) :)

Jim

Edited by Jimdek, 10 September 2009 - 06:20 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users