22 replies to this topic

#21 Dean750

Dean750

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 08:28 PM

Airin, be sure and have me show you my 1-winder method sometime...

3 minutes to set up, 3 minutes to tear down, trouble-free every time, without fail. ;)

Maybe I need ya to wind up my lines and show me how it's done this time. :devil: (Maybe get one free wind up?) Never fails that one end or the other goes through the other loop and as hard as I try and want to believe what I'm seeing isn't so (false wraps) I'm never that lucky. :blushing: Almost need a pit crew just to get set up within a half hour. I didn't just typo that, what I meant was I take my time setting up... Ya know, checking out the conditions and such. :ani_whistling:

Dean

#22 Jim Foster

Jim Foster

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 09:50 AM

Airin, be sure and have me show you my 1-winder method sometime...

3 minutes to set up, 3 minutes to tear down, trouble-free every time, without fail. ;)

Arin

Lynn and I have been using John's method for several years. It works.

If the lines are put in pairs, the ends of the pairs are attached to the winder, the lines are wound around the winder and the other ends are kept straight, it really doesn't matter what happens in the middle as you are winding. Any twists or other "wraps" will come out when the lines are set up the next time and given a good tug. You may have a twist or two in each set, you may even have one set around the other, but there will be no big tangles. Trust JB.

You may have what APPEARS to be a big tangle, but stretching the lines out and pulling the two sets apart will reveal what you really have, and it will be very simple to sort that out.

True story.
Fly together! Share the joy, Share the fun

#23 cbabbman

cbabbman
  • Forum Member
  • 42 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 08:48 AM

One winder method, tried/proven 100% reliable with 4-6 core iQuad team members attending nearly 100 festivals, dozens of other engagements and regular home field flying since 2006... Literally hundreds of hours, winding in, winding out, winding in, winding out, always without tangles. ;)

http://www.revkites....?showtopic=3187

Been using this method for over 3 years and never once have I had an issue or tangle.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users