22 replies to this topic

#21 Murph

Murph

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 04:53 AM

Many thanks to Chris and Connor especially for making us feel so welcome.

Sorry only getting around to chiming in here. (Longtime lurker first time poster....) must step out of the kitingireland.com sandbox a little more.

Lads and Lasses, it was great to have yous over here. We were all very impressed with your flying in next to no wind.

There are a few Rev fliers in Ireland but they all seem to be spread around a lot and so it is unusual to have someone else to fly with.

Don't think we qualify....well let me see which is more a few or a handful :huh:

Now they have tasted team flying I wonder if they will try and get together more often.

Will try. And its only a small place must make more of an effort.

Let's hope that it runs again next year!

Everything crossed (and knotted) that we'll have another one.

Some vids from our 1st KiteFest in Ireland http://www.youtube.c...kristalismurphy

Chris

Edited by kristalis, 23 September 2009 - 04:54 AM.

#22 Murph

Murph

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 05:08 AM

Ahhh Guinness don't like it at all :P :wacko:

Definitely an acquired taste....

..but not as one of you were telling me, you had with blackcurrant as a mixer to take the bitterness away, I think they call it a Black'n'Black....strictly a fruit based drink for the ladies, as Al Murray would put B) I usually find a bag of crisps somewhat softens the bitter blow of the black stuff.

Chris

#23 andelscott

andelscott

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 06:12 AM

Definitely an acquired taste....

..but not as one of you were telling me, you had with blackcurrant as a mixer to take the bitterness away, I think they call it a Black'n'Black....strictly a fruit based drink for the ladies, as Al Murray would put B) I usually find a bag of crisps somewhat softens the bitter blow of the black stuff.

Chris

Now my recollections of local Dublin Guinness were definitely not bitter. The stuff brewed in Park Royal (Acton) was, but definitely not the St James' Gate variant. Their loss, methinks! :)
Andy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users