Attn: Jersey crew; Looking for best beach fly spots

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Rev'ed up

Rev'ed up
  • Forum Member
  • 31 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 03:15 PM

Looking for a little help finding some choice beach flying closest to home. I live near the Princeton area, so Point Pleasent and Bellmar are the shortest drive. Anyone have any recommendations for the best flying spots in that area?

#2 antman

antman

king of wildwood

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 04:10 PM

LBI.. or keansburg.. in that area is the best that i knowv of.. laura or rich would know better
GOD PUT ME HERE. TO ENJOY THE WINDS

#3 sammy

sammy

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 04:50 PM

hey man hows it going?

If belmar is clsoe to you go to beach at 2nd and 3rd st big open area bathroom and all. but you have to get there really early and get your spot b4 the beach goes come. if you wake another week it will be all yours lol. when you go let us know and we will join you!
RABBI שמואל aka SAMMY

TEAM REV RIDERS! LETS RIDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

#4 quaa714

quaa714

REVular poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 05:26 PM

Looking for a little help finding some choice beach flying closest to home. I live near the Princeton area, so Point Pleasent and Bellmar are the shortest drive. Anyone have any recommendations for the best flying spots in that area?

Belmar is a great beach to fly!!!!!! As Sammy said, 2nd st is awesome, big, sandy and good water flying.

Asbury Park is also a good flying beach.

Or for a grassy field experience you can always fly with us at Liberty State Park.

By all means though, speak up about when you're going to fly, we are always ready to hit the sky!!!!!!!!!!!

"Cya in the Sand!....."

"Slack lines are fine lines!"

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows" BD
"One good thing about music, when it hits you feel no pain" BM
av-1950.jpg

#5 Rev'ed up

Rev'ed up
  • Forum Member
  • 31 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 06:46 PM

hey man hows it going?

If belmar is clsoe to you go to beach at 2nd and 3rd st big open area bathroom and all. but you have to get there really early and get your spot b4 the beach goes come. if you wake another week it will be all yours lol. when you go let us know and we will join you!

Just what I was looking for Sammy, thanks.
Hoping to fly next Tues. the 8th at your suggested spot. Will know closer to the day.
By the way, my Son got his B-series and I picked up a Supersonic. We are both lovin em!!
Here is a shot of him with kites in LBI last week.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0862.JPG

#6 Love2fly

Love2fly

All Revved up... where do you want to fly?

• Forum Member
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 09:06 PM

Hello-

Great kites!!!
Belmar will definitely be a more regular spot as the summer is winding down!!! I don't think Liberty State Park should be that bad of a drive, either. If you're close to the turnpike, it's smooth sailing to 14B!!
Keep us posted... any excuse to fly works for us! ;)
Laura

*** Any day flying is a good day; have a great one! 
**** REVS: Fly it, you'll like it!
***** L.S.P. ... It's worth the trip!

Posted Image

#7 antman

antman

king of wildwood

• Forum Member
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 02:29 AM

ya ya ya the beaches will be ours after this weekend .. time to plan some fall flies

#8 AdventureAng

AdventureAng

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 05:16 AM

Rev'ed up,
I live in Bordentown and actually work in Lawrenceville on Princeton Pike. Too bad I can't take some time out to fly with you. I sometimes go to Mercer County park, but the winds there are not too great. If it's blowin' hard at home, by the time I get to the park, there's nothing. GEESH! I just bought a house so I'm busy painting and moving so I haven't been out with the "Jersey Crew" in a while, but hopefully this fall I'll be able to get out more :-)
~AdventureAng
Happy flying to everybody. Now get off the computer and get a kite out! hehe

#9 bobw

bobw

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 05:04 PM

I think Sammy said it. From Princeton, Belmar is probably the fastest big/wide beach available to you. Point isn't quite as good; Asbury has its moments, though very far north on the fishing beach is probably the best. Sandy Hook is fun too, but its such a pain to get to, that Liberty gets my nod.

Bob (from Long Branch, GSP 105 :-)

#10 Rev'ed up

Rev'ed up
  • Forum Member
  • 31 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 07:39 PM

Rev'ed up,
I live in Bordentown and actually work in Lawrenceville on Princeton Pike. Too bad I can't take some time out to fly with you. I sometimes go to Mercer County park, but the winds there are not too great. If it's blowin' hard at home, by the time I get to the park, there's nothing. GEESH! I just bought a house so I'm busy painting and moving so I haven't been out with the "Jersey Crew" in a while, but hopefully this fall I'll be able to get out more :-)

Wow, small world!
I have clients on Princeton Pike in Lawrenceville and in Bordentown. I drive alot for my job and always have my kites on board. Millcreek park in Willingboro has got some wide open space that sometimes works out if I am in that area. Also Burlington City at the and of High st., along the Delaware River can be a good one. Any spot inland is tough. The new Zen might be something for flyers like us to be able to fly more locally.

Doug

#11 antman

antman

king of wildwood

• Forum Member
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 02:33 AM

not if your from wildwood.. the zen wont be used much there .. my beach is huge and the winds are mostly howlin all the time

#12 revtionolu97

revtionolu97
  • Forum Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 05:17 PM

not if your from wildwood.. the zen wont be used much there .. my beach is huge and the winds are mostly howlin all the time

Hope it still is next time I get down there! Just tried flying in PA unsuccessfuly:(

#13 Aerochic

Aerochic

Revadelic

• Forum Member
  • 2,722 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 05:56 AM

Hope it still is next time I get down there! Just tried flying in PA unsuccessfuly:(

Where in PA were you trying to fly? The winds were pretty sweet in the Southeast yesterday...

Better Living Through Rev Flying...

Rev Themed Ts & Goodies: http://www.zazzle.co...ckarts/clothing
Aerostakes: http://www.etsy.com/shop/LeshockArts
Rev Galleries: http://www.revkites....=user&user=1408
Flickr Pics: http://www.flickr.co...s/16896184@N05/

#14 ahofer

ahofer

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 05:16 PM

I live in Princeton. I might go flying this weekend somewhere on the shore with at least my 10 year-old. Can you fly kites in Sandy Hook? I would guess it's awesome for flying, plus stuff for my family to do.
When I was young, my bologna had a first name. Now my bodywash has an "Objective".

#15 sammy

sammy

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 05:34 PM

I live in Princeton. I might go flying this weekend somewhere on the shore with at least my 10 year-old. Can you fly kites in Sandy Hook? I would guess it's awesome for flying, plus stuff for my family to do.

Hey man sandy hook is off limit now for kites unless you go on the bay side with the kite surfers. something to do with nesting of the birds.... IDK go to Belmar or anywhere around there.
RABBI שמואל aka SAMMY

TEAM REV RIDERS! LETS RIDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

#16 ahofer

ahofer

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 06:31 PM

Hey man sandy hook is off limit now for kites unless you go on the bay side with the kite surfers. something to do with nesting of the birds.... IDK go to Belmar or anywhere around there.

I went out to Sandy Hook today. I spoke to the ranger at the visitor center. He basically told me not to worry about it since it is the off season. He also suggested North Beach, which is very wide. So we had a beautiful few hours with a steady onshore wind. North beach is perfect. Not so wide as wildwood but enough to keep well away from the swimmers and fishermen.
When I was young, my bologna had a first name. Now my bodywash has an "Objective".

#17 ahofer

ahofer

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 01:31 PM

I was out at Sandy Hook again yesterday - North Beach. No bother from rangers, a few of whom walked right by.

The off-season is really nice there. No traffic, plenty of room, 80 degrees and very breezy.

#18 ahofer

ahofer

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 06:46 PM

I might look to go out to the hook tomorrow, as I have Columbus Day off and my family doesn't. Might bring my road bike also.

Unfortunately, the wind forecast looks horrible.

#19 quaa714

quaa714

REVular poster

• Forum Member
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 03:00 AM

I might look to go out to the hook tomorrow, as I have Columbus Day off and my family doesn't. Might bring my road bike also.

Unfortunately, the wind forecast looks horrible.

Whats the matter with 5-10 wnw?????

"Cya in the Sand!....."

"Slack lines are fine lines!"

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows" BD
"One good thing about music, when it hits you feel no pain" BM
av-1950.jpg

#20 ahofer

ahofer

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 03:34 AM

Whats the matter with 5-10 wnw?????

I'm seeing numbers lower than that, especially through the afternoon

http://www.windalert...spx?spotid=1667

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users