#41 dazlarsen

dazlarsen

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 06:18 AM

Hello all

Hope the sun shines and the wind blows for all going to Bristol.Have a great time and I hope to catch up with a few of you at the next festival.I am meeting a few other rev flyers this weekend hoping to improve the team flying.

All the best and have fun :devil: :devil: :devil:

Attached Thumbnails

• kites_040_1_.jpg

All the best

Daz

#42 Felix Mottram

Felix Mottram

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,860 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 06:43 AM

Hello all

Hope the sun shines and the wind blows for all going to Bristol.Have a great time and I hope to catch up with a few of you at the next festival.I am meeting a few other rev flyers this weekend hoping to improve the team flying.

All the best and have fun

Keep up the good work...

Looks like the forecast is better now for Saturday in Bristol.

Felix

#43 dunc in devon

dunc in devon
  • Forum Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 11:32 AM

looking forward to meeting some rev pilots . i will be there sunday weather looks good, no hair and a b1 thats me :lol:

#44 Felix Mottram

Felix Mottram

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,860 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 11:45 AM

looking forward to meeting some rev pilots . i will be there sunday weather looks good, no hair and a b1 thats me :lol:

Hi 'Dunc in Devon',

We look forward to meeting with you on the field!

I am thinking that we should go for a mass ascension in the 3rd arena as soon after 1pm as is possible on both days if the conditions are OK.

We may be able to work on refinements after that! Who knows what we may achieve.

It would be good to know how many fliers would be available to go for the Mexican Wave at the outset...

Felix

#45 dunc in devon

dunc in devon
  • Forum Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 12:09 PM

Hi Felix, Great idea look out for the bald pilot .The 3rd arena has got to be the one .See you sunday.... :blue-cool: be great , fed up with flying on my own with only seagulls for company.....

Attached Thumbnails

• kite_flying_july_23rd_woolacombe_034.jpg

#46 Simon

Simon

Rev Legend

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 01:10 PM

Hmmm! Looks like we may need our running shoes on Saturday morning given the most recent http://www.metcheck.com forecast.

Oh well, it is traditional at Bristol for the early autumn anticyclone to have lodged itself over the whole country.

Looks like Dublin may be under the same spell <grins>

Felix

Which is why we have our new Sexy Printed Icarex 1.5's (did we mention those yet :wub: )

And why I've just spent an evening making 50lbs line sets again !!! I need some child labour to do this for me :devil:

The Flying Squad

Posted Image

#47 Jonesey

Jonesey

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 01:49 PM

Hi Felix, Great idea look out for the bald pilot .The 3rd arena has got to be the one .See you sunday.... :blue-cool: be great , fed up with flying on my own with only seagulls for company.....

Bald pilot?? you need to narrow it down a little... there's a few of us around :lol:

I will be the old, fat, bald, ugly pilot probably wearing a pink shirt ;)

#48 FortFlyer

FortFlyer

Jimi Quadsticks

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 01:55 PM

probably wearing a pink shirt ;)

Probably ??? :lol:
Jim,
Ft. Taber Park & Brenton Point

Rev's are like a carbon framed out-of-body experience

Posted Image

#49 Felix Mottram

Felix Mottram

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,860 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 02:59 PM

Which is why we have our new Sexy Printed Icarex 1.5's (did we mention those yet )

And why I've just spent an evening making 50lbs line sets again !!! I need some child labour to do this for me

We just fly the 1's as usual! No problem... <Grins>

Felix

#50 dunc in devon

dunc in devon
  • Forum Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 03:05 PM

Bald pilot?? you need to narrow it down a little... there's a few of us around :lol:

#51 dunc in devon

dunc in devon
  • Forum Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 03:07 PM

we should make a good pair of matching pilots then ha ha :)

#52 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 09:54 PM

Depends if the pink shirt is in the wash :kid_devlish:

Think I've found Jonesey's new friend ;)

Hi Dunc, you've got a great flying location with or without the seagulls :)

Had to look twice at the picture, thought it WAS Jonesey for a few seconds. :)

#53 Jonesey

Jonesey

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 10:42 PM

Had to look twice at the picture, thought it WAS Jonesey for a few seconds. :)

Ho bloody ha :lol:

I feel a long weekend coming on....... on the road shortly so see you all there...

#54 Simon

Simon

Rev Legend

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 05:58 AM

We just fly the 1's as usual! No problem... <Grins>

Felix

H Felix, I've never seen you have a problem with too little wind. I always tell new flyers if they want to see how to fly in light wind, watch the guy with the Yellow mark on his kite. Your ability is amazing.

OK off to Dublin now, so sorry not to be coming will miss Avril & all the girls. and the Noodle Bar. Like Gary said, if I'm not there start without me :lol:

The Flying Squad

Posted Image

#55 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 02:23 PM

Spent part of the Day at Bristol, would have spent longer, unfortunatly the M5 was not playing fair and what should have beern an Hour and a Half journey turned into almost Three and a Half.

Still was worth the trip, saw loads of Friends, got some new bits for a Dualie.

Spent some time with STACK, for some reason the Third arena was not roped off which interfered with STACK giving thier novice lessons. Just turned into another area for the public to fly.

Decs were fantastic as ever, fairly light breeze most of the time I was there.

As I left about 6:30 ish The Decs were still in the main arena with quite a few folks still watching, although it was a lot quieter by then. On my walk back to the car I smiled as I counted more Revs flying than almost any other kite. There was some still in the public areas, and a few were being flown in the SLK arena which was now almost empty.

Oh well, will just have to go back tomorrow to see if there is enough wind for me to fly a Rev.

#56 Felix Mottram

Felix Mottram

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,860 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 02:29 PM

H Felix, I've never seen you have a problem with too little wind. I always tell new flyers if they want to see how to fly in light wind, watch the guy with the Yellow mark on his kite. Your ability is amazing.

<snip>

Hmmm! Too much practice... Not amazing! Its not yet really practical 'in team' but I'm sure that it will be eventually.

A great day at Bristol!

Felix

#57 Jonesey

Jonesey

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 10:50 PM

I Agree Chris Decs were great ... flew my naked stack most of the day but it was chaos in the STACK arena (what arena!!) .. packed up after getting threatened with a bloody nose from a bloke whose 6 kids kite got wrapped in my lines and destroyed... gave him 10 and told him to buy something calming with the change :angry:

Lots of new Rev flyers and some new friends and very busy so well done Bristol for getting the crowds in .... and of course well done all of us for helping make it happen at all ...

#58 Keith Griffiths

Keith Griffiths

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 11:05 PM

I'll be fixing the arena problem myself this morning, taking my own rope and pins, not going to rely on the official arena being done today either.

Not Avril's fault, she was as annoyed as me, but the farmers kept the setup crew off the field on Friday night until 9pm, when it was too dark to do anything much. All the arenas had to go up in the morning, so our's got left til last then forgotten completely.
Keith
Posted Image
National Director

ExGrads pairs
Airheads demo team '10

#59 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 11:10 PM

Sounds cool Kieth, wondered why the ropes were not up.

If you are still on here, word of warning about the arena.

If I remember rightly last Year the "third" arena crossed what is a well troden path, probably a footpath. If you choose to rope that bit off you will still find folks walking through it, despite the ropes. It is obviously the shortest way to the top. So even if it is roped off, keep an eye on that bit.

Hope to see you later. Cheers, Chris.

#60 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 11:17 PM

I Agree Chris Decs were great ... flew my naked stack most of the day but it was chaos in the STACK arena (what arena!!) .. packed up after getting threatened with a bloody nose from a bloke whose 6 kids kite got wrapped in my lines and destroyed... gave him 10 and told him to buy something calming with the change :angry:

Lots of new Rev flyers and some new friends and very busy so well done Bristol for getting the crowds in .... and of course well done all of us for helping make it happen at all ...

Mmm,the very reason why eight of us pilots from up North didnt bother.Room has been a definate issue from what we all read and discussed at length.Before decideing to stay at our Local site.I know at any festival room for all is a challenge.Must also be quite agravateing,,,for everyone.Especially after similar comments and feedback from Portsmouth also.Certainly put us OFF comeing.
Probably worth it to see the Decs again though and chat with some great people ,but flying kites is the name of the game.The stack lads,Bryan B and Keith G,like everyone,put masses of time in to get the training/clinic on.
BE KEWL,Tomorrow is another day

Glad the sun shone and the wind sorta turned up for ya all.We had a sweet 7.6mph allday at Ainsdale.A stunning day.Hundreds and hundreds of people on the beech.Bikinis and Dancing Girls on seven miles of open beech.
HO,and a Drunk Golfer That Thought I was A Good Target,,,,he soon found he was Mistaken.....lol.

BEWARE ,THER EVERYWHER..... :lol:

Have a great day Sunday everyone.

BRIAN...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users