15 replies to this topic

#1 Mitch

Mitch

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 02:05 AM

I just saw an awesome demonstration of control by Team RevRiders MMTB on Youtube. Does anybody know what they were flying and who they are? I want to do that when I grow up.

Mitch
Mitch

#2 Simon

Simon

Rev Legend

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 02:43 AM

I just saw an awesome demonstration of control by Team RevRiders MMTB on Youtube. Does anybody know what they were flying and who they are? I want to do that when I grow up.

Mitch

Hi Mitch can you put a link to the video please?

The Flying Squad

Posted Image

#3 Harrier

Harrier

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 02:56 AM

Check the Video/Photo section, utube link there.

#4 Choccy

Choccy

Occasion-al Flyer

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 03:45 AM

Does anybody know who they are?

clue: in the credits ;)
1 of the 47.

#5 Wayne

Wayne

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 05:07 AM

Mitch,

If you are referring to
They are (l to r from the back) Laura Berg of NJ, Rich Comras of NJ, and Scott Wieder of RI. They are frequent flyers at Liberty Park NJ, and Wildwood NJ. Scott is the organizer of this fine group.

Wayne Reed
Rev Backtracker, 1.5 SLE, Custom Full, Mid-vent & Vented B Series, Shook Weave Kites
http://WReedImages.com
My Rev Gallery

#6 Scott A.

Scott A.

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 06:04 AM

Mitch,
My Name is Scott WEIDER, Steve D ( IQUAD phenom) who spent some time in Holland in his day gave my last name the spelling that would seem appropo to that section of the world. But I have that odd E before I thing going on. details detalis

REV RIDERS

We started our team in June of this year. in the Northeast US, Where are you?
I live in Rhode Island,
Laura Berg and Rich Comras from New Jersey, were flying Martin Lester Masterpiece series 1.5 Revolutions, I was flying a RED/ STD B series 1.5. that has almost 2 full years of hard flying on it and like a old glove fits perfectly.
We Have flown with many others to learn our choreographed routine here in the Northeast.
I have flown some Quad team years ago and have always wanted to put it together again. We use many of the Animated team moves that are on the Revolution web site,,
http://www.revkites....main/Animations.

These moves makes it easy to get a look on your own computer, at some cool team moves, over the last couple of years I have flown these types of moves in mega flies with many flyers at festivals through out the east.
Our next stop will be at, RIIS Park, in Rockaway, NEW YORK on Sept 12th and 13th, If your close, come on down, introduce yourself, I like to meet new people. ;)
Scott Weider
Team REV RIDERS

#7 Felix Mottram

Felix Mottram

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,859 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 06:38 AM

<snip>
REV RIDERS
<snip>

Hi Scott,

Great to see the Rev Riders under way.

Best wishes

Felix

#8 sammy

sammy

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 06:42 AM

scotty and the crew
You guys did a great job and its amazing what you can do with 3 people. Keep up the good work and hope to practice with ya soon again.
RABBI שמואל aka SAMMY

TEAM REV RIDERS! LETS RIDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

#9 Scott A.

Scott A.

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 07:06 AM

Sammy David you are a Rider, You have helped this team form and will always be apart of it. Thanks for your help! and oh by the way for all the newer flyers, Sammy has only flown Rev's for about a year already doing the team thing remembering a full 5 minute routine. Proof with the whole team concept many can have the great feeling, jump in, own your hover and ride them brakes.
We have 8 or 9 who have at least flown and learned the Riders on the Storm Remix. ;) Each one has brought there own touch. It will only get bigger and better.

Edited by Scott A., 28 August 2009 - 07:08 AM.

Scott Weider
Team REV RIDERS

#10 jburka

jburka

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 08:17 AM

Our next stop will be at, RIIS Park, in Rockaway, NEW YORK on Sept 12th and 13th, If your close, come on down, introduce yourself, I like to meet new people. ;)

I'll be at Riis Park in two weeks (!) babysitting my big gear, but as usual I'll have my rev bag with me and will try to get away from the show kites for a bit!

#11 Scott A.

Scott A.

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 11:31 AM

I'll be at Riis Park in two weeks (!) babysitting my big gear, but as usual I'll have my rev bag with me and will try to get away from the show kites for a bit!

Good deal Jeff,
We'll keep your spot on the line, I think it would be a good idea to have a radio with earpiece so we can communicate smoothly during the mega stuff.
Scott Weider
Team REV RIDERS

#12 Simon

Simon

Rev Legend

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 12:16 PM

Sammy David you are a Rider, You have helped this team form and will always be apart of it. Thanks for your help! and oh by the way for all the newer flyers, Sammy has only flown Rev's for about a year already doing the team thing remembering a full 5 minute routine. Proof with the whole team concept many can have the great feeling, jump in, own your hover and ride them brakes.
We have 8 or 9 who have at least flown and learned the Riders on the Storm Remix. ;) Each one has brought there own touch. It will only get bigger and better.

Just a thought have you tried this version :devil: mellow Man

The Flying Squad

Posted Image

#13 sammy

sammy

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 12:27 PM

Hey scotty
Thank you for the kind words it is my pleasure to eb part of the rev riders.

snoop dog is the man lol!
RABBI שמואל aka SAMMY

TEAM REV RIDERS! LETS RIDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

#14 Love2fly

Love2fly

All Revved up... where do you want to fly?

• Forum Member
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 01:50 PM

Hi Simon-
How have you been?
That's a coooooool version of Riders!!!! Thanks....
We had a great time with it in WSIKF. The two teams that competed, us and Island Quad, did a demo together afterward! What a good time! Do you think you guys will be over here any time soon, to play in our sandbox?
Take care!
Laura

*** Any day flying is a good day; have a great one! 
**** REVS: Fly it, you'll like it!
***** L.S.P. ... It's worth the trip!

Posted Image

#15 Scott A.

Scott A.

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 02:13 PM

I like it Doggy riders
Scott Weider
Team REV RIDERS

#16 Mitch

Mitch

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 01:05 AM

Mitch,
My Name is Scott WEIDER, Steve D ( IQUAD phenom) who spent some time in Holland in his day gave my last name the spelling that would seem appropo to that section of the world. But I have that odd E before I thing going on. details detalis

REV RIDERS

We started our team in June of this year. in the Northeast US, Where are you?
I live in Rhode Island,
Laura Berg and Rich Comras from New Jersey, were flying Martin Lester Masterpiece series 1.5 Revolutions, I was flying a RED/ STD B series 1.5. that has almost 2 full years of hard flying on it and like a old glove fits perfectly.
We Have flown with many others to learn our choreographed routine here in the Northeast.
I have flown some Quad team years ago and have always wanted to put it together again. We use many of the Animated team moves that are on the Revolution web site,,
http://www.revkites....main/Animations.

These moves makes it easy to get a look on your own computer, at some cool team moves, over the last couple of years I have flown these types of moves in mega flies with many flyers at festivals through out the east.

Thanks for the info and for the link to the animations! Mind-boggling. And congrats on putting together your own winning team. Your group flies with real grace and a kind of ease that does not lack snap but has a kind of slow fluidity that I appreciate. I am an utter newbie but watching your clips is an inspiration to put up my duel line kites for a while and try this. I am in St. Louis, MO. Not famous kite country. I wonder if there area festivals in the midwest? Chicago, surely.

Also, I bought a Rev II on a whim but find it hard to learn on in our bumpy, low winds. I can put together the money to get what I want but limited time! Would you start on a I or a B1.5, if you had acrobatic aspirations? I can't imagine I'll be team flying in a year, but that's an encouraging thought. Thanks!

Mitch
Mitch

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users