28 replies to this topic

#21 steveb

steveb

Occasional Poseur

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 07:38 PM

Thanks to Erin for finding these kite bags. Cathy & I bought one each and are very happy with them. They hold 4 Revs comfortably and are long enough for a Rev II. I haven't tried my Rev I yet, but it might be tight on this model, as it has a 36" centre spar with ferrules at each end. There are a couple of roomy pockets big enough for several handles, line sets, stakes, etc.

They are very well made with good quality materials. I doubt if I could make one for less money. They're perfect for a set of Revs.

tk_kitebag1.jpg
tk_kitebag3__Large_.jpg
tk_kitebag2__Large_.jpg
tk_kitebag4__Large_.jpg
tk_kitebag5__Large_.jpg

#22 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 07:51 PM

Thanks to Erin for finding these kite bags. Cathy & I bought one each and are very happy with them. They hold 4 Revs comfortably and are long enough for a Rev II. I haven't tried my Rev I yet, but it might be tight on this model, as it has a 36" centre spar with ferrules at each end. There are a couple of roomy pockets big enough for several handles, line sets, stakes, etc.

They are very well made with good quality materials. I doubt if I could make one for less money. They're perfect for a set of Revs.

snip ...

NICE BAG!
If you have the older REV II with two piece leading edge that fits in the bag, then the REV I will fit. It is a few inches shorter packed up.

Long John (formerly Mr. R)

STACK International Executive Committee - 6/1996-6/2008
International Rules Book Committee and STACK International Head Judge - 6/2004-6/2008
World Sport Kite Championship Judge - 2004-2005-2006(Chief Judge)
13x 1st - 12x 2nd - 6x 3rd places in 37 overall Quadline individual competitions

Web Site - http://www.johnnmitchell.com/index.html Check it out today!

#23 Bazzer

Bazzer

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 07:36 AM

Another idea is to use a split double shot gun plastic case. Cost somewhere between $23 and $40. Just check the internals fit the spars.
Not much good if your hoping on planes ....cos well ..it looks like your carrying a shot gun. But its a solid case.
Made by Promax. Protector series Model #1535.
See pictures
The ultimate semi hard bag for the super slick at the moment, holds up to three revs lines and handles. The Prism Zephyr kite bag.
Buy the kite and carry bag. Sell the kite off ( or keep it , its a bit good) then pack your revs in the Zephyr case.
Easy carry on on plane too. expensive though.
Of course there is always the rev bag! duh! But like you say for only carrying a couple of kites its a bit large.
But its not as large as a team bag. LOL
Here are couple of photos of the Zephyr bag.
I know Walt is working on something for the future in hard cases. Work currently in progress. Will be interesting to see what he comes up with.
If he doesn't I think I might look into it. Something like the Oakley sunglasses case material. Be pricey though! Basically the Zephyr case but squarer. A little more depth. Depends on demand.

I think Walt maybe heading in the right direction though.
Give him some ideas
What would be perfection for everyone.
What do you want to carry.
How much don't you want to spend. Cos you know thats the crunch.
Bazzer

Attached Thumbnails

• photo_5_.jpg
  • photo_8_.jpg
  • photo_10_.jpg
  • photo_9_.jpg

Edited by Bazzer, 30 September 2009 - 07:50 AM.

Eat ...make Revs ....sleep......repeat!
Maker and designer of B Pro, Zen, XTRA VNT and Masterpiece kites.
Are you "Glued To The Blue"
I am.
Come visit me
www.gluedtotheblue.comgallery_170_47_48984.gifgallery_170_47_18974.gifgallery_170_47_3948.gif
http://www.teamiquad.com

#24 RAWVEEDA

RAWVEEDA

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 07:59 AM

For a few revs (under 6), the Kite Connection bag Dave made up is excellent.
Posted Image

#25 kairusan

kairusan

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 09:50 AM

I use some cut-up ABS pipe, assorted fittings, and a couple of these things: http://www.eaglecree...ube-Cube-40375/ Kites, spars, and handles go in the pipe, and linesets/spare parts/etc. go in the attached packy-tube thingies.

p_00018.jpg p_00019.jpg p_00020.jpg

Currently have 3 1.5s and a whole bunch of spars in there, and have space for one more 1.5 and a couple more spar sets before things get snug.

So far, I've not shattered any Race Rods from stepping on/closing the trunk on/running over the case, so it's doing its job quite well.

Although I wish I had a Zephyr case instead. :)
kairusan

#26 airin

airin

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 09:03 PM

Hey first the Long Beach fleece lined jackets and now the kite bags, we are so becoming outfitted as a team....gotta start flying together real soon for sure now!

Nice kite bags you two! I love mine and tote it all over town with me these days...cause you never know when or where a breeze might start up.

cheers,
Erin
Everything Changes

#27 Wobbly

Wobbly

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 07:24 AM

In the UK there is a shop group called the Range, in their fishing dept they sell fishing bag's called " Boyz Toys " two sizes, large one easily accomadates a Rev1 length ,has two full length zipped pockets and 3 side pockets for spar's,handle's,lines etc etc with a waterproof lining, have got 6 rev's in mine with room to spare, smaller one is ok for spares etc, "Boyz Toys" is a registered trade mark and they can sometimes be found on e bay.

#28 ssm1nw

ssm1nw

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 11:20 AM

on ebay.co.uk there is a hoockey bag which will hod a few revs very nicely and has a mesh pocket for handles and stake, also has a pocket which will hold lines very nicely.

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Bought one for when i only want to take a couple of kites out.

Keith

#29 Reef Runner

Reef Runner

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 11:42 AM

You might want to check out the bags at Rudy's Toys, especially the first two on this page................They are really nothing but simple, 40 inch duffel bags, about 8 inches diameter. The one with the pocket makes a nice place for handles and/or linesets. I really like mine, but it won't give you "hard case" protection, like some of the hard side bags, mentioned above.............
Rudy is actually M.L.D., who makes the Big Wing Series of kite bags....................Posted Image

http://www.rudystoys.../Kite-Bags.aspx

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_2963a.JPG

Edited by Reef Runner, 17 February 2010 - 11:45 AM.

Sent from my regular old laptop, with real keys:

nick, from North Carolina
a.k.a. "Reef Runner"
Kitelife Subscriber #590

It's important to have as much fun as possible while we're here.
It balances out the times, when the minefield of life explodes.

J Buffett - "A Pirate Looks at Fifty"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users