28 replies to this topic

#1 airin

airin

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 10:07 PM

Ok, I know most of you have a pretty fine quiver of Revs by now but as a newbie I am the proud owner of just TWO, yup, a mere but most precious, pair of Rev's. I'm not anticipating filling up a regular Rev kite bag in the immediate future so I'm looking for a smaller kite bag to tote my standard and vented Revs along with a few line sets and my handles and stakes. I'd appreciate any tips on where I could find a slightly smaller kite bag suitable to my modest needs.

thanks,
Erin
Everything Changes

#2 steveb

steveb

Occasional Poseur

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 10:37 PM

I found a light weight golf bag made of Cordura in a used sporting goods store that will hold 3 or 4 Revs with handles, lines, stake, sunscreen, etc. It was less than $12.00
It's the right size for strapping on your back for a bike ride.

#3 REVflyer

REVflyer

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 02:26 AM

You could consider one of the map/blueprint cases from a container-type of store or an art supply dealer. It collapses to different sizes and will hold a couple of Rev kites and their accessories. They're probably five or six inches in diameter with a screw-on end cap and a strap to throw over your shoulder.

#4 Simon

Simon

Rev Legend

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 04:08 AM

Seen both used, adn can recommend both

The map print paper holders are really good, as they also offer some protection & a strap.

OR try THIS

Once you get your Rev bag, then you can get one of these to drag it to the field :blue-grin:

The Flying Squad

Posted Image

#5 quaa714

quaa714

REVular poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 04:13 AM

I had purchased a bag from The Kite connection that has served me well for quite some time. I've stuffed up to 8 kites in it before feeling the stuffed factor. It also includes a side pocket that also holds a large amount of "stuff", including 3 or 4 sets of handles, assorted lines, stakes, etc.
Here is a link to the bag.
http://www.kiteconne...i-bin/store.cgi

edited to add link.....duh!

Edited by quaa714, 25 August 2009 - 04:20 AM.

"Cya in the Sand!....."

"Slack lines are fine lines!"

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows" BD
"One good thing about music, when it hits you feel no pain" BM
av-1950.jpg

#6 airin

airin

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 05:54 AM

Very helpful suggestions. thanks a lot guys! :)
Everything Changes

#7 AdventureAng

AdventureAng

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 06:31 AM

I just use the bag that they supply for those colapsable camping chairs...you know the ones they sell at WalMart and such. It actually works perfect! Mine has a strap on it for easy carrying and it's not big and bulky at all. It even has a draw string on it so you can make sure nothing falls out.
~AdventureAng
Happy flying to everybody. Now get off the computer and get a kite out! hehe

#8 Stone in Shoe Bob

Stone in Shoe Bob

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 07:43 AM

I just use the bag that they supply for those colapsable camping chairs...you know the ones they sell at WalMart and such. It actually works perfect! Mine has a strap on it for easy carrying and it's not big and bulky at all. It even has a draw string on it so you can make sure nothing falls out.

That was going to be my suggestion too. I have also seen snow board bags used but to to be honest, you may as well just bite the bullet and get the Rev bag, go on you know you want it, you're going to get one eventually just do it. :devil:

I have to admit I felt a bit silly with mine when I got it with only 3 kites, but with all those empty pockets you'd be amazed how quickly you fill them, you just have to.
Stone in Shoe Bob

It's Good to Share the Joy.

#9 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 08:11 AM

Ok, I know most of you have a pretty fine quiver of Revs by now but as a newbie I am the proud owner of just TWO, yup, a mere but most precious, pair of Rev's. I'm not anticipating filling up a regular Rev kite bag in the immediate future so I'm looking for a smaller kite bag to tote my standard and vented Revs along with a few line sets and my handles and stakes. I'd appreciate any tips on where I could find a slightly smaller kite bag suitable to my modest needs.

thanks,
Erin

Check out the Sporting Goods store for ski bags. They should still be real cheap when still in stock from last season. For Revs only, you can cut them down to size.

Long John (formerly Mr. R)

STACK International Executive Committee - 6/1996-6/2008
International Rules Book Committee and STACK International Head Judge - 6/2004-6/2008
World Sport Kite Championship Judge - 2004-2005-2006(Chief Judge)
13x 1st - 12x 2nd - 6x 3rd places in 37 overall Quadline individual competitions

Web Site - http://www.johnnmitchell.com/index.html Check it out today!

#10 AiyanaLeigh

AiyanaLeigh
  • Forum Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 03:50 PM

Here's the best deal I've found for a 4 kite plus extra rods, lines, handles and more all for under $40 Canadian! Check it out...

http://www.field-hoc...products_id=317

cheers!
Aiyana

#11 dazlarsen

dazlarsen

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 06:12 PM

All the above ideas are great.But why not be individual and make your own,then you can have it to carry whatever you want.But like bob said you will get the REV BAG sooner or later. :P :P :P
All the best

Daz

#12 kiteking

kiteking

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 06:49 PM

Here's the best deal I've found for a 4 kite plus extra rods, lines, handles and more all for under $40 Canadian! Check it out...

http://www.field-hoc...products_id=317

cheers!
Aiyana

Posted Image

Aprox size:

21cm x 12cm x 101cm
8.27in x 4.72in x 39.76in

MFG website
Wind to your back, Kite in the air.

MikeM
Brookings, OR

Posted Image ----- Posted Image ------- Posted Image Posted Image

----#518 ---------- #110883

#13 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 12:10 AM

Kite Connections Bag is realy good as said earlier.I have one[several].We also use them to carry our team kites and other flying stuff.The outside pocket is very good.Dont have to remove all inner content of the main compartment to find something like lines or a stake.Just use the exterior pocket.

Ive had one now for many years.Ther robust,zip up well and carry a supriseing amount of kit.Its length and width are well thought.Obviously had A Rev or similar kites inmind when put together.Ive also traveled with them.The zips on MINE,,,,lock together with a small security lock through the double zipper[two zips]
Dave at Kite Connection is a freind, so im pritty one sided,but ive yet to find a more usefull bag that does what it says on the Tin at a modest cost.

Otherwise is use a larger Revolution Roll Up Bag.Which are very kewl and ive recently made my own bag.Which im very happy with.Its a cross between several ideas for carrying stuff.

BRIAN...

#14 Scott_of_melnsct

Scott_of_melnsct

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 05:59 AM

ive recently made my own bag.Which im very happy with.Its a cross between several ideas for carrying stuff.

BRIAN...

Bri...I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

I'm about to make kite bags for myself and my daughter. We've outgrown the original family bag I made. Going with another roll-up, but considering possible improvements.
Scott A Koenig
Founding member: Tennessee Wind Militia
"We muster to fly at a moment's notice"

#15 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 06:29 AM

Bri...I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

I'm about to make kite bags for myself and my daughter. We've outgrown the original family bag I made. Going with another roll-up, but considering possible improvements.

MMMmm,best offer ive had Today from a Lady :wub: .Although the Nurse ive just spent an hour with.While she took down all my Particulars.Stripped me to my Marks and Sparks[underwear] had a cheeeeeky grin.A sexy Red head to.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,anyways,to many books,films,,,,,,,back on topic

I havent any pictures at all of my creation.Im also Cameraless atm.Sold my Sony DSLR rig and looking at others.

Nurses,Cameras,underwear,,,,,,,,,,,im on the wrong dam forum Mel :lol:

BRIAN....

#16 quaa714

quaa714

REVular poster

• Forum Member
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 07:08 AM

Ive had one now for many years.Ther robust,zip up well and carry a supriseing amount of kit.

BRIAN...

I extoll the greatness of these bags and still agree with the sentiment however this past weekend at Sunfest, a zipper handle broke off the main zipper. Likely from over stuffing the bag. Will temporarily fix but,oh well, looks like it's time to add a new bag to the list!!!

"Cya in the Sand!....."

"Slack lines are fine lines!"

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows" BD
"One good thing about music, when it hits you feel no pain" BM
av-1950.jpg

#17 Scott_of_melnsct

Scott_of_melnsct

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 07:31 AM

MMMmm,best offer ive had Today from a Lady :wub: ,,,,,,,,,,,im on the wrong dam forum Mel :lol:

BRIAN....

Bri, Might check the signature a bit closer
Scott A Koenig
Founding member: Tennessee Wind Militia
"We muster to fly at a moment's notice"

#18 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 07:48 AM

Bri, Might check the signature a bit closer

:lol: ,Talk about weird.

Ive just.Like 5mins ago.Picked up my first ever pair of reading specs....... :lol: .

Any Port In A Storm Scott :)

BRIAN...

#19 melnsct

melnsct

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 09:20 AM

MMMmm,best offer ive had Today from a Lady :wub: .Although the Nurse ive just spent an hour with.While she took down all my Particulars.Stripped me to my Marks and Sparks[underwear] had a cheeeeeky grin.A sexy Red head to.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,anyways,to many books,films,,,,,,,back on topic

I havent any pictures at all of my creation.Im also Cameraless atm.Sold my Sony DSLR rig and looking at others.

Nurses,Cameras,underwear,,,,,,,,,,,im on the wrong dam forum Mel :lol:

BRIAN....

BRI........you're flirting with my HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Melanie in Tennessee

#20 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 12:22 PM

BRI........you're flirting with my HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jealousy... :P :lol:

BRIAN...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users