35 replies to this topic

#21 Simon

Simon

Rev Legend

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 01:04 PM

Take your SD card to a good photo lab, they usually have recovery software which should work in restoring your shots. Just don't take any more pics with that card, and start formatting your cards once you get in the habit of archiving your photos onto Cd/Dvd or elsewhere.

If you dont want to take it to someone else, you could DIY http://www.pcinspector.de worked for me.

Had a SD card that died and this recovered all the files.

The Flying Squad

Posted Image

#22 Tine

Tine
  • Forum Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 12:15 AM

Teehee, you didn't even notice you became a Tine sandwich :w00t:

I was surreptitiously flying on your other side to Kev with you in the middle and you kept flying ;) :) :D

Regarding your SD card - all might not be lost *if* you don't take any further pics.
I have a few of you from yesterday while Mike was taking 'those' prize shots, I'll forward them onto you.

Oh Choccy that's given me a big smile, and a bit embarrassed but hey ho I'll have to learn somehow :blushing:

Regarding the pictures, thank you so much and Mike is on the case [he reads the forum asap].
He ordered a new card and got hold of my camera...
Only 4 more days

#23 Tine

Tine
  • Forum Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 12:22 AM

Take your SD card to a good photo lab, they usually have recovery software which should work in restoring your shots. Just don't take any more pics with that card, and start formatting your cards once you get in the habit of archiving your photos onto Cd/Dvd or elsewhere.

Thank you for your tip - greatly appreciate this. As technophobe I need all the help I can get... Mike aka Mr Git is on the case [he's not git-like at all-most of the time :P ]

Kind regards Tine

#24 Tine

Tine
  • Forum Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 12:29 AM

If you dont want to take it to someone else, you could DIY http://www.pcinspector.de worked for me.

Thank you Simon - good to know more than one way. However, I leave this one for Mike because I can get into a right fluster :wacko:
Mike is really good with stuff like this as that is his job - no rest for the wicked, as they say.

Kind regards Tine

#25 Mr Git

Mr Git

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 01:28 PM

2 little problems with this...
1) It's in German
2) What's worse, it for PC (We do Apple here!)

But thanks anyway :)
No problems getting it up - It's using it properly that's the problem!

#26 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,401 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 02:40 PM

1) It's in German

Upper right where it says "Deutsch" which means German in English, click on the arrow and change it to "English"

Long John (formerly Mr. R)

STACK International Executive Committee - 6/1996-6/2008
International Rules Book Committee and STACK International Head Judge - 6/2004-6/2008
World Sport Kite Championship Judge - 2004-2005-2006(Chief Judge)
13x 1st - 12x 2nd - 6x 3rd places in 37 overall Quadline individual competitions

Web Site - http://www.johnnmitchell.com/index.html Check it out today!

#27 Mr Git

Mr Git

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 11:17 AM

Upper right where it says "Deutsch" which means German in English, click on the arrow and change it to "English"

Yeah, I saw that, but couldn't find where the Apple version is!

#28 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • 3,401 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 11:39 AM

Yeah, I saw that, but couldn't find where the Apple version is!

Yep, you got a problem there, hence the product name being PCinspector and being not MACinspector.

There are still possibilities to recover your data as long as you do not attempt to write to the chip, which includes formatting.
Have you tried using different reading devices for your chip card or just one?
I have seen cases where readers can read 2GB chip cards but not 4GB chip cards. Then other readers work fine with 4GB chip cards.
That can also be a problem with O/S versions.
Another thing is to Google you MAC O/S version with the chip card size and type and see if anyone else is having a similar problem.
Good Luck!

International Rules Book Committee and STACK International Head Judge - 6/2004-6/2008
13x 1st - 12x 2nd - 6x 3rd places in 37 overall Quadline individual competitions

#29 Mr Git

Mr Git

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 12:16 PM

Yep, you got a problem there, hence the product name being PCinspector and being not MACinspector.

There are still possibilities to recover your data as long as you do not attempt to write to the chip, which includes formatting.
Have you tried using different reading devices for your chip card or just one?
I have seen cases where readers can read 2GB chip cards but not 4GB chip cards. Then other readers work fine with 4GB chip cards.
That can also be a problem with O/S versions.
Another thing is to Google you MAC O/S version with the chip card size and type and see if anyone else is having a similar problem.
Good Luck!

Hmmm, can't read the tone of my voice on here... I KNOW it's not Mac'able. Been reading on forums etc, but will let senior tech look at it. Otherwise... May abuse my dads PC tomorrow.

It's a 2Gb card, and yes tried other readers etc.

Good news, found my camera, and it's got an 8Gb card!

#30 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • 3,401 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 01:11 PM

Hmmm, can't read the tone of my voice on here... I KNOW it's not Mac'able. Been reading on forums etc, but will let senior tech look at it. Otherwise... May abuse my dads PC tomorrow.

It's a 2Gb card, and yes tried other readers etc.

Good news, found my camera, and it's got an 8Gb card!

I realize you might be upset, but hang in there. We are just trying to help you out.
I am a semi-pro photographer and I specialize in working with computer operating systems.(over 30 years)

One question back to the basics!
Were you ever able to read this particular SD card on this particular MAC in the past?
That is something you always want to try before shooting important pictures.

Your SD card is normally written in FAT/FAT32 format. That is not the standard format used by MAC. However, MAC has the possibility to read it, which should normally work unless something was changed on your particular MAC.

Can your camera still read the SD card? Warning: Don't take any pictures and don't format the SD card. Only try to view the images on the camera. If this step works then things are looking up. If that was positive, try reading the sd card on a PC, not a MAC, preferably the latest O/S if possible. Vista definitely works properly with a 2GB SD card when the reader installed can handle a 2GB SD card. I have seen problems with old XP's. However, the latest updated XP, SP3 should works fine considering the reader can handle 2GB.
Another thing when you camera can read the SD card. Do you have a USB cable that plugs in between your camera and the PC? If you do, try using this. In most cases this will work without any special drivers being installed. Some or all Kodak cameras at least require special drivers. This can be a head ache for you.

Let us know how you are progressing.

#31 Felix Mottram

Felix Mottram

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,859 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 08:18 AM

Hi all Festival Rev[v]ers

Is anybody willing and able to teach a couple newbies a bit more of the finer points of flying a rev? For myself, I lack the confidence of flying with others as I panic when flying in close quarters. I do have the basic maneuvers and are able to hover but transitions are a problem. I do feel a bit intimidated of flying with what appear to be natural talents... :confused!: Mr Git named himself rather aptly as he is no teacher :devil:

Kind regards

Tine

Hi Tine,

Glad to hear that you had a good sleep last night even if it meant you were not on the field early at Southsea this morning.

Catch up at Bristol maybe!

Best wishes to you both...

Felix

PS Thanks for the doughnuts. Timing was perfect. FJM

#32 Tine

Tine
  • Forum Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 12:06 AM

Hi Tine,

Glad to hear that you had a good sleep last night even if it meant you were not on the field early at Southsea this morning.

Catch up at Bristol maybe!

Best wishes to you both...

Felix

PS Thanks for the doughnuts. Timing was perfect. FJM

Not quite my fault - health dictates a slow start in the morning...and I had to pick up Winston. He loved the the whole thing at Pompey on Monday! Mike and I will be at Bristol and lets hope my timing extends to the field ;) The doughnuts are already on order...

Looking forward to meeting up with everyone

Tine

#33 Mr Git

Mr Git

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 11:14 AM

I realize you might be upset, but hang in there. We are just trying to help you out.
I am a semi-pro photographer and I specialize in working with computer operating systems.(over 30 years)

One question back to the basics!
Were you ever able to read this particular SD card on this particular MAC in the past?
That is something you always want to try before shooting important pictures.

Your SD card is normally written in FAT/FAT32 format. That is not the standard format used by MAC. However, MAC has the possibility to read it, which should normally work unless something was changed on your particular MAC.

Can your camera still read the SD card? Warning: Don't take any pictures and don't format the SD card. Only try to view the images on the camera. If this step works then things are looking up. If that was positive, try reading the sd card on a PC, not a MAC, preferably the latest O/S if possible. Vista definitely works properly with a 2GB SD card when the reader installed can handle a 2GB SD card. I have seen problems with old XP's. However, the latest updated XP, SP3 should works fine considering the reader can handle 2GB.
Another thing when you camera can read the SD card. Do you have a USB cable that plugs in between your camera and the PC? If you do, try using this. In most cases this will work without any special drivers being installed. Some or all Kodak cameras at least require special drivers. This can be a head ache for you.

Let us know how you are progressing.

Hi John,

Thanks for the help, I knew the above before this started :) Updated firmware for my integrated card reader means it'll read cards greater than 2Gb now...

It won't read in the camera, on my Mac (it used to) or in anything else... HOWEVER, I bought Tine a replacement 2Gb card, a QUALITY 2Gb card (SanDisk Extreme III) which, unexpectedly, came with a little CD-ROM on which is SanDisk RescuePro 3.3 "data recovery for any memory card format". Going to give that a go. (When it's dry enough for me to get the laptop from the car!!!)

#34 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • 3,401 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 12:05 PM

Hi John,

Thanks for the help, I knew the above before this started :) Updated firmware for my integrated card reader means it'll read cards greater than 2Gb now...

It won't read in the camera, on my Mac (it used to) or in anything else... HOWEVER, I bought Tine a replacement 2Gb card, a QUALITY 2Gb card (SanDisk Extreme III) which, unexpectedly, came with a little CD-ROM on which is SanDisk RescuePro 3.3 "data recovery for any memory card format". Going to give that a go. (When it's dry enough for me to get the laptop from the car!!!)

Your welcome.

Send that rain over here. It hasn't rained since March except for 5 minute a couple weeks ago.
The ground is harder then a rock and the grass looks like the middle of the desert.

#35 Mr Git

Mr Git

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 01:27 PM

Your welcome.

Send that rain over here. It hasn't rained since March except for 5 minute a couple weeks ago.
The ground is harder then a rock and the grass looks like the middle of the desert.

Sorted!!!

All recovered and copied off onto a thumb drive. It even 'Un-deleted' all the old photo's!

All this rain (and WIND!) came from the States :wacko: so it's got no idea where it's going now.

#36 Kite.Whisperer

Kite.Whisperer
  • Forum Member
  • 29 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 07:08 PM

Yeah, but you just dont see people doing slide circles for some reason.

Can't imagine why, I love'em! I'm not a competitor, just a local flier and teacher who will perform at local events, any thing to promote Rev Kites :w00t: , and I use a slide circle while flying with my 4 stack of 1.5s a lot along with a slack line turn that looks impressive when all 4 snap back in line. :blushing:
Peace of mind is only as far away as the next flying field.

Rev it up!

Brett W
Milwaukee, WI.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users