3 replies to this topic

#1 Watty

Watty

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 01:25 PM

My brother has a zoomshare forumsite (a free web site powered by www.zoomshare.com). On his site, there is a chat thng on the top of the page, where you can chat with other people on the site while looking at forums. Is there any way ths type thing could be added to this site?

Spence "Watty" Watson

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#2 Kitelife

Kitelife

Forum Guru

• Forum Host
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,934 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 02:15 PM

It's called a "shoutbox"... Not quite live chat, it's more like a fast-pace mini forum where people make postings one line at a time, all in the same place.

The feature is possible, but would require a modification to this forum... The problem with this, every time we upgrade the forum software, we have to build that modification back in and hope that it still works with the new version of our forum software. ;)

Sorry... You'll have to stick with postings and http://www.kitechat.org for now.

John Barresi

johnbarresi.com | kitelife.com | learnkites.com | teamiquad.comkitemap.org
youtube.com/kitelife | facebook.com/kitelifemagazine | KiteLife on Google+

President - American Kitefliers Association

"We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails."
(found in a fortune cookie - possibly an Einstein quote)

My full list of kite articles - kitelife.com/author/john-barresi

Please reward posts that are helpful, give positive reputation by clicking on "Like This" button on the right side of each post.

#3 antman

antman

king of wildwood

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,209 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 02:33 PM

kite chat is fine with me just need to get it back to where it was i think now its because of the kite season getting back into full swing that people are out flying and chatting less i know im geared up for another good year :lol:
GOD PUT ME HERE. TO ENJOY THE WINDS

#4 Watty

Watty

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 04:05 PM

It's called a "shoutbox"... Not quite live chat, it's more like a fast-pace mini forum where people make postings one line at a time, all in the same place.

The feature is possible, but would require a modification to this forum... The problem with this, every time we upgrade the forum software, we have to build that modification back in and hope that it still works with the new version of our forum software. ;)

Sorry... You'll have to stick with postings and http://www.kitechat.org for now.

That's alright John. It sounds like kind of a hassle.

Spence "Watty" Watson

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users