22 replies to this topic

#21 Reef Runner

Reef Runner

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 11:03 AM

Well, like I said, it was only my two cents worth, but I take that back..............listen to the Pros. They definitely know what they are talking about. I was just making a personal comment, my point being, "that things tend to happen a little slower, with the larger sails", and to me, that equates to being easier to fly, or in my case, keeping it off of the ground. Posted Image

Now as for the comments from Beach and Kitelife, I surely wouldn't argue with either of them, as I myself, learned to fly on a 1.5 SLE, but I'm still going to have to get myself, one of those Rev II's, just for the coast..........because once I get the hang of a kite, I really do enjoy zipping around, quickly, especially in good clean air (and I'm not referring to pollution) Posted Image

Hey JB, maybe you could put one of yours up for the next drawing, over on the Kitelife site.......... Posted Image Well, it was just a suggestion !!

Sent from my regular old laptop, with real keys:

Nick, from North Carolina, USA
a.k.a. "Reef Runner"

Kitelife Subscriber #590

It's important to have as much fun as possible while we're here.
It balances out the times, when the minefield of life explodes.

J Buffett - "A Pirate Looks at Fifty"

#22 SynTaks

SynTaks

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:28 PM

Did Rev II's originally come with swivels on the bridle?

I have one from a friend here in town that is an original 2 piece LE. About the only time I've ever seriously tried to fly it was in my yard on 25' lines and about 10mph in the dark. That was after having learned on 1.5's, predominately a SUL and as I was getting into shortlines. Much like flying on an icy pond thats in a bowl, I've added that to my list of things not to do.

For teaching people... we've only really helped one so far get started. He used to fly dual-line foils and was very much interested in my lounge-chair style of flying this past summer. He ended up getting an SUL to start just because even medium wind here tends to be the exception rather than the rule.

Now zipping around and making you think quick, I think the Shockwave/Supersonic is moreso in that regard. But I'm curious to see others comparison from the speed series vs II's.

Posted Image
AlasKiters kite club

There's two of us crazies here.... which one is this?
He's into the B series, choreography and coloring.
She's into a bridleless SUL and skiing with a Blast.

#23 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,401 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 08:23 PM

Did Rev II's originally come with swivels on the bridle?

snip...

The original REV II did have swivels on the bridle. The lines were kevlar and they had clips for attaching to the bridle.
This changed later around 92/93 to a bridle without swivels and lines made of spectra which at the time was Shanti.

Long John (formerly Mr. R)

STACK International Executive Committee - 6/1996-6/2008
International Rules Book Committee and STACK International Head Judge - 6/2004-6/2008
World Sport Kite Championship Judge - 2004-2005-2006(Chief Judge)
13x 1st - 12x 2nd - 6x 3rd places in 37 overall Quadline individual competitions

Web Site - http://www.johnnmitchell.com/index.html Check it out today!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users