• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mcvasile

mcvasile
  • Forum Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 06:13 AM

Hello all,

After lurking here for a while, I decided to buy a 1.5 sle, as I was (still I am) totally newbie. I own several 2 line kites, and tried for a couple of times some power kites. The closest shop for rev is in Viena (Austria), and I asked a friend to step by and buy me one, on his way home.

I waited for 3 days, (enough time to read entire manual) and FINALLY it arrived.

all I want to say is "Thank you guys", you REVealed me a new world.

I believe this is the first rev kite in Romania; you can see here first flight.

ps. As I am not a native english speaker, please excuse any mistake.

#2 Sailor99

Sailor99

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 07:18 AM

Your English is perfect.

I have an SLE in exactly the same colours. You fly well for someone new to the sport.
Over - Jeremy

Posted Image

Knowledge: The small part of ignorance that we arrange and classify.

#3 kairusan

kairusan

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 07:36 AM

Nice color choice! I have a standard and a vented in those colors as well and I love how they look in the air. :)

And yes, you're quite good for a new flyer, your English is excellent, and your motorcycle in your avatar looks awesome.

A word of advice: one of the best things you can do for your new kite is to shorten the bottom leaders on your handles a bit---an easy, reversible way to do this is to simply tie a couple knots in each of the bottom leaders so that they get shorter and you can vary where you attach the bottom lines. You'll probably find that you get much better, tighter control over the Rev when the bottom lines are pulled in a bit relative to the top lines. Many fliers here (including myself) prefer to fly with as much as 6 inches of difference between the top lines and the bottom ones, because of the enhanced control and reverse flight ability that it gives. Try it---you might like it!

Edited by kairusan, 18 August 2009 - 07:38 AM.

kairusan

#4 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 10:18 AM

Yep, good english and good flying. Welcome to the life of Rev.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users