327 replies to this topic

#121 Jonesey

Jonesey

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 09:45 AM

I hope you all realise that with all this talk of flying a light airs special you have doomed the entire North American continent to nothing but gale force winds for the rest of the season ...

of course that suits us over here so why not just send all the prototypes over here and we will test them for you in out balmy light summer breezes :)

#122 Jeff

Jeff

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 09:46 AM

Sorry, our 10:30 appointment is already taken.

Can you do 10:00? ;)

Done.

:P
CYuLf.jpg 0LPEo.png and ybuXm.png

#123 Love2fly

Love2fly

All Revved up... where do you want to fly?

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 03:20 PM

Done.

:P

Hi Jeff-
Does that mean you will be going to WSIKF? ummmmm to fly the Zen (to keep it on topic ;) )....Will the whole team be "trying out the Zen", too? That would be a great bonus to the trip!!!
Laura

*** Any day flying is a good day; have a great one! 
**** REVS: Fly it, you'll like it!
***** L.S.P. ... It's worth the trip!

Posted Image

#124 Jeff

Jeff

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 04:11 PM

Hi Jeff-
Does that mean you will be going to WSIKF? ummmmm to fly the Zen (to keep it on topic ;) )....Will the whole team be "trying out the Zen", too? That would be a great bonus to the trip!!!

D'OH!!!!

I meant September, as it was right after the mention of Mots. :blushing:

Whaddaya expect from me...I'm still writing 2003 on my checks. :P

JD, please make the appropriate adjustment in your appointment book. B)
CYuLf.jpg 0LPEo.png and ybuXm.png

#125 Love2fly

Love2fly

All Revved up... where do you want to fly?

• Forum Member
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 06:23 PM

D'OH!!!!

I meant September, as it was right after the mention of Mots. :blushing:

Whaddaya expect from me...I'm still writing 2003 on my checks. :P

JD, please make the appropriate adjustment in your appointment book. B)

Hi Jeff-
Bummer!!! Oh, well, I'll see you guys around sometime.
Enjoy your lesson. B)
Laura

*** Any day flying is a good day; have a great one! 
**** REVS: Fly it, you'll like it!
***** L.S.P. ... It's worth the trip!

Posted Image

#126 kitecowboy

kitecowboy

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 05:09 PM

:crazy: :crazy:

Maybe I need some Zen in my life...

At least I have a few months to figure out what gets sacrificed to save the money.

Maybe it is the whole regret for selling my Rev I for a song when I know now I could have sold it to Cowboy for a small fortune (being it was his favorite colours) and I feel the need to have it back.

Or, it could be all the "bad" influence here...

Or I am crazy and now weak for these things.

Or all of the above...

Bart

ya whats up with that, a small fortune? well thats fine my new Zen will be my favorite color. Hopefully sooner than january, cant wait to try it at wsikf.
Cowboy, rocks in your pockets couldn't hurt.

#127 bartman

bartman

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 06:48 PM

ya whats up with that, a small fortune? well thats fine my new Zen will be my favorite color. Hopefully sooner than january, cant wait to try it at wsikf.

Whoops, forgot you might read this. I would have given you a great deal on it. Really....

Bart

#128 Steve de Rooy

Steve de Rooy

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 06:49 PM

Ive been at Bazzer helping him out with some orders before we had out for a week of flying at the Longbeach festival...

Ive been buzy making some Color swatches so you can see what Bazzer has in stock color wise.......there is one color missing in the picture and it is Pink.....

Attached Thumbnails

• 100_6559.jpg

#129 FortFlyer

FortFlyer

Jimi Quadsticks

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 10:40 PM

OK using color samples from the swatch above (I know not exact) I would Buy a Zen if it was to be produced exactly as so but in a Midvent.

Might I suggest that Bazzer's Kanji be added at least for all the hard work and dedication he has done with not only the pro's but also the Zen and the new Blasts.

Thank You, Signed; Loyal Customer

Attached Thumbnails

• Black_Center_Blue_Fade_2.jpg

Edited by FortFlyer, 15 August 2009 - 07:20 PM.

Jim,
Ft. Taber Park & Brenton Point

Rev's are like a carbon framed out-of-body experience

Posted Image

#130 Kitelife

Kitelife

Forum Guru

• Forum Host
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,934 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 06:48 AM

Nice kite Jim!

All Pros are labeled specially by Bazzer now, on one of the bottom corner reinforcement panels, much like the original Rev 1's were. ;)

Alas, we're not going to be producing a mid-vent in the immediate future, sorry!

Could very well happen sometime in the future however. :)

John Barresi

johnbarresi.com | kitelife.com | learnkites.com | teamiquad.comkitemap.org
youtube.com/kitelife | facebook.com/kitelifemagazine | KiteLife on Google+

President - American Kitefliers Association

"We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails."
(found in a fortune cookie - possibly an Einstein quote)

My full list of kite articles - kitelife.com/author/john-barresi

Please reward posts that are helpful, give positive reputation by clicking on "Like This" button on the right side of each post.

#131 airin

airin

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 07:22 AM

Ive been at Bazzer helping him out with some orders before we had out for a week of flying at the Longbeach festival...

Ive been buzy making some Color swatches so you can see what Bazzer has in stock color wise.......there is one color missing in the picture and it is Pink.....

PINK!? You left out the PINK!??! :lol:
Everything Changes

#132 FortFlyer

FortFlyer

Jimi Quadsticks

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 07:31 AM

Nice kite Jim!

I figured you would like that one ;)

But alas I must be different so,

Attached Thumbnails

• Black_Center_Blue_Green_Fade.jpg

Edited by FortFlyer, 15 August 2009 - 07:22 PM.

Jim,

Posted Image

#133 FortFlyer

FortFlyer

Jimi Quadsticks

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 06:28 PM

Well seeing as you guys will be flying the Zen soon I figured I'm gonna fly a Bazzer Kite anyway.

Today at Newport 1rst pic average kite level 2nd where the Comet likes to be up where the clouds usually are both taken from same position B) The original Zen :wub:

edit: forgot pics :blushing:

Attached Thumbnails

• 1.jpg
  • 2.jpg

Edited by FortFlyer, 15 August 2009 - 06:30 PM.

Jim,

Posted Image

#134 beach

beach

Rev Staff

• Forum Host
  • 1,839 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 07:54 PM

Okay I'm sure people have been waiting for me to chime in on this subject and here's my views..... B) First I must say I had my
questions on this kite and in the last few days those questions were answered for me.... On the first fly of this kite the winds were about
1.5 mph during the day and it flew flawlessly and was even more than I was expecting, the sail stayed loaded and loaded in the right
spots for the conditions... Then I handed it off to the members of the " Crazy Drivers" and I wish you could have seen the expressions
on there faces as they kept passing the kites off to each other, I then went to Paul LaMasters my guy who pulls no punches with me
and my product and when he was done he wanted to write the check now for his hmmmmmm, by goodness I think we hit a home
run with this but you know me I got to know more... So I went to Joe another good flier in most conditions but by his own admissions
not a great low wind flier and he stated to me he was able to fly in some conditions he could never do before..... Then tonight was
the night fly and there was light wind at best and no ground wind at all and even with the lights I had rigged up and boxed in on
both sides I was able to perform and from the reaction of the people I must have been doing pretty good..... So my thoughts at
this stage is this works and it works very well but is it done that will be decided by myself, John B., Bazzer, and the entire team
of iQuad next week and then we will sit down and work out dollars and cents and then I / Revolution will make the final decision
on does this work...... If it does I say we will start to take orders for these kites by the end of the month or perhaps sooner, are they
pricey yes they are plain and simple, do you need one I think you do cause no matter what we have all been in situations where no
matter what the winds were just to light to fly and we were grounded...... My personal opinion is that the " Zen " takes light wind
flying to another level.......... Ben :blue-cool: :blue-cool: :blue-cool:

#135 kitecowboy

kitecowboy

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 08:57 PM

Theres one line in there Ben that makes it sound like your still deciding on producing this kite, I sure hope this is not the case :huh:

I know I'll be trying it out at WISKF and be ordering one the first day there avalible. B)
Cowboy, rocks in your pockets couldn't hurt.

#136 Jeepi

Jeepi
  • Forum Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 09:24 PM

You probably finishing my kite I just ordered 2 weeks ago a JB Pro Fade (Race Green Black Center)
I`m new here and bought my first Rev last year a JB standard red.

Can`t wait! To see and flight it here in Canada...

#137 bartman

bartman

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 09:26 PM

I'm waiting to hear from everyone at WSIKF, but if this kite is really the light wind miracle it appears to be then I will be looking for a custom layout for next spring.

Bart

#138 SKYWLKR

SKYWLKR

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 09:41 PM

I was able to spend a few minutes of Zen time today... er...yesterday...

I was having quite a bit of workout with a B series Rev 1.5 this past morning in low winds with a 2 wrap frame with a 3 wrap centered LE (don't Ask). I could not get any Feel out of the kite. It was very frustrating with the kite just flopping around then going poof and falling out the sky. I just could not feel what the kite was doing.

Ben Handed me a Kite, after setting up and realizing it was MUCH bigger than My 1.5. I promptly misplaced the sleeve... There were too many Rev bags laying open, I was distracted...

I set the Zen up on a pair of 16" handles with 50 foot 50 lbs line. The Kite powered right up and gave me the feel I needed to keep it in the air. It was noticeably slower as well giving me a bit more time to figure out what to do. I could tell there was less weight and more sail by the lack of momentum the kite had, it would just stop what ever input I was doing like right now when I went to neutral. I am a fan of Lighter is better but, I am not sure what the kite would do if it was at a much lighter surface area to weight.

I like the kite (the sail was nice, subtle with a splash of color on only one wing) I think it will be a great kite especially for me as I just have a standard.

I would have loved spend more time with it, but I was forced to go to 120's with my B series standard when I resumed my field time .... then I had to go to a vent... but I didn't own a vent.

So I bought the green eyes in the pic:

Posted Image

I think the Zen will be a winner, I will be trying my 1.5 on a race frame soon to see what it will do but I can't imagine it allowing what I was able to do with the Zen.
Joe Meaux
MeauxJo Kites
Baton Rouge, LA

#139 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 01:42 AM

Joe, I hate you (not realy) for two reasons.

You have flown a Zen, and you have bought some Eyes.

You lucky guy you.

The Eyes, and probably the Zen are kites I would love to have in my bag, which colour Eyes, Green of course.

#140 david ellison

david ellison

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 11:03 AM

Good to read about this new low wind kite.

I'd be interested to hear some compare and contrast comments from those who are experienced Rev 1 fliers and have now had some time on the new Zen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users