327 replies to this topic

#21 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 11:12 PM

Looks and sounds like a must have from the feedback.

A Custom to match up with a Set of 1.5s is a Kewl call Watty.

BRIAN...

#22 Aerochic

Aerochic

Revadelic

• Forum Member
  • 2,713 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 04:49 AM

Ohhhh ManOhManOhManOhMannnnnnnn!!! :doh:

Better Living Through Rev Flying...

Rev Themed Ts & Goodies: http://www.zazzle.com/LeshockArts
Aerostakes: http://www.etsy.com/shop/LeshockArts
Rev Galleries: http://www.revkites....=user&user=1408
Flickr Pics: http://www.flickr.co...s/16896184@N05/

#23 antman

antman

king of wildwood

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,209 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 05:47 AM

what is the price goig for on these beasts??
GOD PUT ME HERE. TO ENJOY THE WINDS

#24 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 06:09 AM

Just mentioned, casualy in passing of course, as you do. To Una that Rev have a new kite out.

She said "NO, oh well do what you want, you normaly do anyway."

I sort of see that as an explicit "you had better get your order in as soon as you can"

Such a shame I dont have the cash at the moment. Still if things pick up. Then of course the wind will change from the annoying stop start gently breeze, to a howling gale. Good job I have full vents in my quiver too. :D

#25 Felix Mottram

Felix Mottram

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,857 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 07:51 AM

The Revolution crew were at the San Diego Kite Club meeting today with their latest creation.

Revolution said I could talk about!

Ben says they will be accept orders for ZEN somewhere around the end of this month.

What is ZEN?
ZEN is the latest in the REV series. As I understand it, it is designed for the low 1 to 3 MPH wind range and I believe it after flying it.
It appears to be a cross between a REV I and REV 1.5 JB Pro. I would say it is a REV 1.5 JB Pro scaled up to a REV I size. It has the same panel layout as the REV 1.5 JB Pro. The rods used are still a secret, however I could imagine that they are in are in the area of the Race and Silver Bullet rods.
It is not designed for higher winds or tricks as I was informed by Ben when I started to give it a workout.

How does it fly?
The sail loads constantly in all parts of the wind window just like a REV 1.5 JB Pro, with less wind. As expected due to it's size, it is slower then the 1.5.
In comparison to a REV I, it is much quicker responding. Precise? You thought the REV I was precise. This beats the socks off the REV I.

Do I have a picture? No, not today. Maybe next time.
Maybe one of the other guys has a picture for you.

This all sounds great, particularly the sparing. Hopefully the characteristics will reflect those of the spars of SLKs refined over many generations and made out of natural materials.

The ability to add or decrease flexibility by 'stroking' the spar may be an added advantage... <grins>

But seriously, I will be very interested to try a variation on the Rev1 scale kite. I must check out the recent re-working of the Rev2 as well.

Definitely amused by the name of the new kite... Does it have to be in caps?

Felix

#26 Dean750

Dean750

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 10:03 AM

Tried it right after Watty at the Long Beach clinic. I think it was the 1st prototype. I wanted it then and there.
Loads up effortlessly and is very precise. I for one can't wait to get one and try it out indoors. :)

Dean

#27 Felix Mottram

Felix Mottram

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,857 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 10:29 AM

Tried it right after Watty at the Long Beach clinic. I think it was the 1st prototype. I wanted it then and there.
Loads up effortlessly and is very precise. I for one can't wait to get one and try it out indoors. :)

Dean

The directional stability on 'powering up' the sail is, I think, the key asset. The loading and flex of the spars should determine how this operates,

I will be interested to see how fliers cope with the 'lateral' (not sure of the terminology, facing left or right) angle of attack of the larger sail. Maybe there are innovations in the bridle as well...

Felix

#28 Mr Git

Mr Git

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 11:25 AM

I thought these conditions were what I bought my SUL for... :angry:
No problems getting it up - It's using it properly that's the problem!

#29 Love2fly

Love2fly

All Revved up... where do you want to fly?

• Forum Member
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 12:20 PM

The directional stability on 'powering up' the sail is, I think, the key asset. The loading and flex of the spars should determine how this operates,

I will be interested to see how fliers cope with the 'lateral' (not sure of the terminology, facing left or right) angle of attack of the larger sail. Maybe there are innovations in the bridle as well...

Felix

Hi Felix-
From the little tidbits that I've heard, there was a lot of work on the bridle. I'd have to think that these are "THAT" sweet if iQuad has a set in use.
I'll give it a try in a week or so... :ani_yahoo: This is something that will be perfect for me!!!
Laura

*** Any day flying is a good day; have a great one! 
**** REVS: Fly it, you'll like it!
***** L.S.P. ... It's worth the trip!

Posted Image

#30 Felix Mottram

Felix Mottram

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,857 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 12:26 PM

Hi Felix-
From the little tidbits that I've heard, there was a lot of work on the bridle. I'd have to think that these are "THAT" sweet if iQuad has a set in use.
I'll give it a try in a week or so... This is something that will be perfect for me!!!

It will be fun to see how it all pans out. Most fliers are more familiar with the dynamics of the 1.5 sail.

Felix

#31 Simon

Simon

Rev Legend

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 12:58 PM

It will be fun to see how it all pans out. Most fliers are more familiar with the dynamics of the 1.5 sail.

Felix

Was fun today flying Rev 1 in 3mph, then going to Blast's and then Rev 1.5's the Rev 1 sized kite was easier in light wind, but we could tell that it was missing the power up part, The Race Framed Blast works light wind really well. The wing worked really good with Thermals. We were able to fly Chicken Run in 1 -2 Mph with the Blasts, so that now gives us a really intresting alternate :blue-cool:

Then on to the Rev 1.5, this reminded us how light these kites are on the lines, wind had dropped to 0 at least. But still got a few run thru's for the video. But the reliability of something that handles the lightest wind even better would be and Advantage. (Pun intended )

I really like the idea of the ZEN dimensions being Rev 1, that gives anyone with a REV 1 a set of rods they can switch in and out. The sail cut will also allow team and indi flyers to have their own choice :) Thanks Bazzer.

As Laura or Felix I think said, will be interesting to see the Bridle - to see if there are any changes.

What weight lines are iQuad using with these?

Oh and I really like the Ghost Sail B)

The Flying Squad

Posted Image

#32 visual

visual
  • Forum Member
  • 45 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 01:00 PM

Last week I was flying at a kite club fun-fly with the highest 'gusts' of 2.8 mph all day.

we were flying for over 7 hours in these conditions and getting a little tired and decided to start packing up, then Bazzer shows up and tell's me that I really shouldn't be leaving yet, bringing out the final version of the Zen - he set it up and tweeked the handle settings for the wind conditions then handed the controls over to me - WOW the 1st 3 words out of my mouth was 'OH MY GOD' instantly felt a bunch of pressure where all day I was working and working just to keep the sail floating, now with the ZEN in my hands I easily just moved the kite around at will - great control and very easy to manuver to any hover setting and / or slide

I'm sending a note to Theresa (aka thekiteshoppe) to get me on the pre-order list

I want one YESTERDAY !!!

Mike T.
Mike T

I've never met a person who owns a kitebag that I didn't like

#33 Ruud

Ruud

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 01:29 PM

,this kite is SUPERIOR for light wind and precision.

Sounds like a competition kite to me, we fly most of the time inland so its one to have.

#34 airin

airin

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 03:59 PM

I'm in two Rev's deep already and now I have to have the ZEN!

I need it now with our low wind summer taunting me and making it difficult to build the skill base I need and want in order to begin team flying.

Who's taking the orders?! Please put me down for a ghost ZEN.

(Any chance they will be available to buy down a WSIKF?)
Everything Changes

#35 jburka

jburka

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 07:45 PM

Hmmm. Apparently Steve dR and I are reading
this thread across the hall from each other in
Bogota right now...

I spent the weekend watching iQuad flying
their Zens in some pretty tough conditions,
and the kites performed incredibly.

Bazzer had told me he was going to make
me fly one, but I never got around to it.

Still, I'm already planning to order one...

#36 Theresa

Theresa

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 08:29 PM

Last week I was flying at a kite club fun-fly with the highest 'gusts' of 2.8 mph all day.

we were flying for over 7 hours in these conditions and getting a little tired and decided to start packing up, then Bazzer shows up and tell's me that I really shouldn't be leaving yet, bringing out the final version of the Zen - he set it up and tweeked the handle settings for the wind conditions then handed the controls over to me - WOW the 1st 3 words out of my mouth was 'OH MY GOD' instantly felt a bunch of pressure where all day I was working and working just to keep the sail floating, now with the ZEN in my hands I easily just moved the kite around at will - great control and very easy to manuver to any hover setting and / or slide

I'm sending a note to Theresa (aka thekiteshoppe) to get me on the pre-order list

I want one YESTERDAY !!!

Mike T.

Got it going!

:)

Thanks!

I should have a web page built by tomorrow :)

T

Edited by Theresa, 09 August 2009 - 08:30 PM.

#37 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 10:15 PM

Felix i think made the inquisative point about the Bridle .He has the vast knowledge on the Rev 1s.A comparisson to my or our Sedgewick Bridles will be my first thing to look at.

Ile fight ya for the Ghost sail Simon,,,lol.
It Looks fantastic

BRIAN...

#38 Fernan

Fernan

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 01:08 AM

Very interesting this model.

#39 Felix Mottram

Felix Mottram

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,857 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 01:37 AM

Felix i think made the inquisative point about the Bridle .He has the vast knowledge on the Rev 1s.<snip>

Brian,

I am not sure about 'vast knowledge' <grins>

We just flew the kite as given. Never really had time to do otherwise. I do remember re-tying one bridle that another member of the team had managed to 'scramble' on the last set of Rev1s by JMH.

Felix

#40 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 05:37 AM

Your to humble Felix,My Appols.
I must be mistaken about the poster of a topic i read .Which discribed an adjustment on the upper, outer,bridle legs adjustment / alteration.Which was specific to the Rev1.

It may have been Skunk or Harrier.I think they shortened the upper,outer legs,but im unsure.So please dont anyone go chopin ya bridle up.

Cant wait to see a vid on the Zen.Better still.Fly one.Own one

BRIAN...

BRIAN...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users