12 replies to this topic

#1 Mr Git

Mr Git

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 11:36 AM

Having had a quick go at being dragged around Stokes Bay by my new Shockwave, discression made me bring it in before I trashed my standard 90Lb lines.

So, what lines should I go for? Rev's 150Lb/80ft or get something the same strength but longer made up (120Ft)?
No problems getting it up - It's using it properly that's the problem!

#2 Sailor99

Sailor99

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 12:13 PM

I would definitely go for 150s (having snapped some 90lbs in very little wind). As to the length it is as always down to size of window v response v cost. The cost part forces me to 80s but I would get 120s if I could afford them.
Over - Jeremy

Posted Image

Knowledge: The small part of ignorance that we arrange and classify.

#3 Watty

Watty

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 12:40 PM

Having had a quick go at being dragged around Stokes Bay by my new Shockwave, discression made me bring it in before I trashed my standard 90Lb lines.

So, what lines should I go for? Rev's 150Lb/80ft or get something the same strength but longer made up (120Ft)?

For any blast or speed series kite, I would definitely recommend using 150lb lines. The length is all up to you. I think any where from 80-120 ft would be ideal.

Spence "Watty" Watson

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#4 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 12:42 PM

I have a few sets of 150lb lines, you are welcome to play with them if you can wait till Portsmouth to make your mind up.

Think I have 75, 85 and 120 without looking in my bag. Even got a set of 15ft I think, just cuz there was some line left over.

#5 Watty

Watty

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 12:58 PM

I have a few sets of 150lb lines, you are welcome to play with them if you can wait till Portsmouth to make your mind up.

Think I have 75, 85 and 120 without looking in my bag. Even got a set of 15ft I think, just cuz there was some line left over.

oooooo! 15ft on a Shockwave :devil:

Spence "Watty" Watson

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#6 Dean750

Dean750

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 04:15 PM

oooooo! 15ft on a Shockwave :devil:

:lol: Thought your Rev 2 was fast.... :lol:

Dean

#7 FortFlyer

FortFlyer

Jimi Quadsticks

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 04:19 PM

I fly all my speed series on 90# line in 50' 85' and 100' up till about 10 mph over that I'll swap to 150# in the same lengths all in all, The 100' lines are the most fun to fly on and the heavier line will give you what feels like a little more direct connect to the kite especially in the shockwave as for some reason it seems to be more finicky than the super sonic.

After you get used to that shockwave try using the 150# line in lighter winds you can use the weight of the lines to do some really cool floaty stuff at the window edge B)

Fly that kite only in low and high winds for a month and I'll guarantee you will pick up a 1.5 style and fly like a seasoned pro afterward.

Welcome to iSpeed ;)
Jim,
Ft. Taber Park & Brenton Point

Rev's are like a carbon framed out-of-body experience

Posted Image

#8 antman

antman

king of wildwood

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 04:29 PM

go with 150# by 100 feet that ihe best to use
GOD PUT ME HERE. TO ENJOY THE WINDS

#9 awindofchange

awindofchange

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 04:41 PM

I agree, nothing less than 150#. I would recommend 200# if you are constantly over 15mph. 90# can snap in a heartbeat with the Shockwave and Sonic in stronger winds and usually ends up very bad!!!

#10 Choccy

Choccy

Occasion-al Flyer

• Forum Member
  • 1,880 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 03:03 AM

hey Mike

I'm surprised you did not receive the 150lb x 80 foot lines in your package.

They cope well with the pull from speed series, larger kites and stacks too :blue-grin:

chocs~away ;)
1 of the 47.

#11 Jonesey

Jonesey

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 08:11 AM

I fly all my speed series on 90# line in 50' 85' and 100' up till about 10 mph over that I'll swap to 150# in the same lengths all in all, The 100' lines are the most fun to fly on and the heavier line will give you what feels like a little more direct connect to the kite especially in the shockwave as for some reason it seems to be more finicky than the super sonic.

After you get used to that shockwave try using the 150# line in lighter winds you can use the weight of the lines to do some really cool floaty stuff at the window edge B)

Fly that kite only in low and high winds for a month and I'll guarantee you will pick up a 1.5 style and fly like a seasoned pro afterward.

Welcome to iSpeed ;)

I'm with Jim ... I regularly fly my shockwave/sonics on 90lb x 120's in low/mid strength but use the set of 150lb x 120 I have for for my blast's and 2~4 in 10 knots + ... I should have lent you them for Sunday ..... OOP's sorry ... was distracted by the pink donuts that match my new pink iPhone case (thanks Jeremy :angry: )....

#12 Mr Git

Mr Git

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 01:32 PM

I'm with Jim ... I regularly fly my shockwave/sonics on 90lb x 120's in low/mid strength but use the set of 150lb x 120 I have for for my blast's and 2~4 in 10 knots + ... I should have lent you them for Sunday ..... OOP's sorry ... was distracted by the pink donuts that match my new pink iPhone case (thanks Jeremy :angry: )....

Those were my 90lb x 120's I was chasing the beasty with :lol: It was defo over 10 Knots! Blame me for the Doh!nuts.

Choccy: No lines with it... 'Tine got it from the now defunct shop in Brighton.

Thanks for the advice, think a set of 150Lb x 120's will have to be acquired!

#13 Mr Git

Mr Git

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 01:06 AM

Those were my 90lb x 120's I was chasing the beasty with :lol: It was defo over 10 Knots! Blame me for the Doh!nuts.

Choccy: No lines with it... 'Tine got it from the now defunct shop in Brighton.

Thanks for the advice, think a set of 150Lb x 120's will have to be acquired!

150 x 120's are on their way!!!

Not going to get here for the weekend though... But they'll be here in time to get some help at Portsmouth!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users