34 replies to this topic

#21 Dean750

Dean750

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 07:09 PM

Flying together would be awsome. Wouldn't that give Felix something to think about if a 1000 person mega fly could take place :devil:
We'll just have to see what Mr. Barresi has in mind for us at WSIKF. It'll be the biggest mega fly to date for me :) Can't wait.

Video is going to be the easiest way for all of us to collaborate on things. I can't wait to be able to pitch in.

Dean

#22 Felix Mottram

Felix Mottram

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,860 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 06:48 AM

Flying together would be awsome. Wouldn't that give Felix something to think about if a 1000 person mega fly could take place
We'll just have to see what Mr. Barresi has in mind for us at WSIKF. It'll be the biggest mega fly to date for me Can't wait.

Video is going to be the easiest way for all of us to collaborate on things. I can't wait to be able to pitch in.

Dean

Hi Dean,

I'm not the one to be doing the thinking! 100 first please...

Enjoy WSIKF. It looks like it is getting going <grins>

Felix

(now where is that thread where Simon refers to just flying alongside friends to learn new stuff... no instruction, just imitation? It works like magic, I can assure you! The trouble is that the old fliers think that they know it all.. 'tee hee' just look out for the newbies.... they will learn very quickly what some of us have taken years and years to achieve.)

#23 Dean750

Dean750

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 01:17 PM

Hi Dean,

I'm not the one to be doing the thinking! 100 first please...

Enjoy WSIKF. It looks like it is getting going <grins>

Felix

(now where is that thread where Simon refers to just flying alongside friends to learn new stuff... no instruction, just imitation? It works like magic, I can assure you! The trouble is that the old fliers think that they know it all.. 'tee hee' just look out for the newbies.... they will learn very quickly what some of us have taken years and years to achieve.)

Ok, I'll slow my roll..... :P
I only have 2 people to fly with here. RescueRev, when he's not at a star party and JB occasionally when he's got nothing else going on and I have the funding to make it to Portland and back.
So I'm stuck with watching video, seeing something I haven't tried or thought of and working on it with maybe a slight spin of my own.
Best I can do. Where do you think all my axle flic flak stuff comes from?
If I do this, :o then that, :o and this and that I get...... :o
B) I'm going to get so much crap when I post what just came outta my butt B) :rolleyes:

Dean

#24 Felix Mottram

Felix Mottram

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,860 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 01:46 PM

Ok, I'll slow my roll..... :P
I only have 2 people to fly with here. RescueRev, when he's not at a star party and JB occasionally when he's got nothing else going on and I have the funding to make it to Portland and back.
So I'm stuck with watching video, seeing something I haven't tried or thought of and working on it with maybe a slight spin of my own.
Best I can do. Where do you think all my axle flic flak stuff comes from?
If I do this, :o then that, :o and this and that I get...... :o
B) I'm going to get so much crap when I post what just came outta my butt B) :rolleyes:

Dean

Dean,

Actually, I have noted in another post that flying 'spontaneously' may be advantageous. Find the target and deal with it may be the shorthand version.

Best wishes,

Felix

#25 Dean750

Dean750

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 03:32 PM

Dean,

Actually, I have noted in another post that flying 'spontaneously' may be advantageous. Find the target and deal with it may be the shorthand version.

Best wishes,

Felix

;) Gottcha

#26 Watty

Watty

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 08:31 PM

Today Scott Weider showed me a Half axel to flic flac, and I think if I can get the kite to roll 180 degrees while in the fade position then flip back, one could get a sort of horizontal cascade type thing going on.... I plan on playing with it more tomorrow while I have a lot of open space on the beach. Maybe I'll get a bit of video tomorrow of some things I've been trying.

Spence "Watty" Watson

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#27 Dean750

Dean750

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 10:58 PM

Today Scott Weider showed me a Half axel to flic flac, and I think if I can get the kite to roll 180 degrees while in the fade position then flip back, one could get a sort of horizontal cascade type thing going on.... I plan on playing with it more tomorrow while I have a lot of open space on the beach. Maybe I'll get a bit of video tomorrow of some things I've been trying.

If you can get it to back spin 180 please fill me in.
It's a real pretty combo - half axle to falling leaf with a 180 back spin, flak to dive stop half axle to flic flak to a vert tip landing strait to a high knee kinda walk.
I know you'll nail it Watty.

Dean

Bet ya all just thought I was yakin about bs eh? LOL

#28 FortFlyer

FortFlyer

Jimi Quadsticks

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 09:21 AM

Big difference between 4-5 moves as opposed to 9 consecutive, OK why do I even bother falling for this over and over.

Taxi.............
Jim,
Ft. Taber Park & Brenton Point

Rev's are like a carbon framed out-of-body experience

Posted Image

#29 Watty

Watty

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 06:49 PM

If you can get it to back spin 180 please fill me in.
It's a real pretty combo - half axle to falling leaf with a 180 back spin, flak to dive stop half axle to flic flak to a vert tip landing strait to a high knee kinda walk.

Actually, I was thinking more like a half axel to a fade (The flic part of a flic flak), then 180 backspin, then flak; rinse and repeat.

I was able to get the backspin about 2 times out of my 30-some tries... Too much walking today. When I do get it, it's more on acccident and it looks kind of floppy. No video though. I was having too much fun flying with the Fosters and others today.

Spence "Watty" Watson

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#30 Jim Foster

Jim Foster

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 08:09 PM

Actually, I was thinking more like a half axel to a fade (The flic part of a flic flak), then 180 backspin, then flak; rinse and repeat.

I was able to get the backspin about 2 times out of my 30-some tries... Too much walking today. When I do get it, it's more on acccident and it looks kind of floppy. No video though. I was having too much fun flying with the Fosters and others today.

Watty

The Fosters and others (John Farrel and Tom King) had a great time flying with you as well. We learned a lot.

Thanks.
Fly together! Share the joy, Share the fun

#31 Scott A.

Scott A.

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 11:33 AM

It's possible, I've done it, just don't have energy to rinse and repeat to many times, but with the repeat and rinse part use that youth and nail it.
I smell another tutorial, Rev version of the jacobs ladder. Don't try this at home :huh:
Scott Weider
Team REV RIDERS

#32 steveb

steveb

Occasional Poseur

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 12:46 PM

It's not a Rev, but here are a bunch of videos of a tricky Quad from Germany.
Maybe the trick gurus can transfer these moves over to a Rev. B)

#33 FortFlyer

FortFlyer

Jimi Quadsticks

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 02:04 PM

Now that kite was made for doing all that stuff, Wow thanks for posting I've never seen one of those.

Think one of those will be going on the "to buy" list B)
Jim,
Ft. Taber Park & Brenton Point

Rev's are like a carbon framed out-of-body experience

Posted Image

#34 Dean750

Dean750

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 04:30 PM

We're talking about the same thing Watty. It's one of those 1 in 50 try things, but it is possible. I mentioned the falling leaf because you did the tutorial on that one and figured you'd know what I meant by getting a falling leaf to rotate ;) Lazy Susan if you can get it to rotate up high. And I've noticed that getting the rotation to start (besides short lines. 30') is kinda like the cascade. Half axle with one hand, rotate with the other. It's definatly (damn my spelling sucks today) a timing thing along with the stiffness of the pop, :rolleyes: and whether you need to move back or forth for the correct tension on the lines. When you get it to work, is there alot of slack in the lines? Seems like when I get the 180 spin the lines really don't have any droop to them, kinda like a very flat axle. I love a 5 to 8 mph wind with the full vent, 2 wrap center (more flex = spring) with Race outters and 3 wrap verts along with the 30' 90# line. I've noticed the full vent in the lighter winds is ALOT more forgiving when screwing around, trying to figure this out.
We'll get it. We don't really have alot of tricks to do with the Rev, so for the most part it's about combo's. Which is why some of what I talk about is 9 parts long. :P

I remember this kite. Was it you or Antman that brought this kite up in the Quad Heads section of Kitelife? Looks like it flys cool. Since being introduced to team flying the only thing I do anymore are combo's off the axle when I'm alone. Looks cool, but would everyone let you into a team fly if thats what you were flying.

Now that kite was made for doing all that stuff, Wow thanks for posting I've never seen one of those.

Think one of those will be going on the "to buy" list B)

I don't know if you saw my rebutle last night to your post that got me in trouble with Amy. :P Man, I'm not here to be arrogant. I know because I've been told thats how some if not most or all of my posts come off. I just want to learn. My eagerness to learn, besides watching JB flying dual line in a comp. (which for me anyway put a big target on his back) is because I bought the Fizz Kites Box of Tricks. Fizz is now known as Benson. Basically you could jerk a line and it would self recover. Granted, most kites, especially the Rev don't self recover. But that kite opened me up to think of what was possible and to give it a whirl. If it works, cool. If it don't, oh well, try something else.
Ultimatley, when I post something that seems cocky, I'm looking for collaboration. Lets figure it out together as a group rather than an individual. Besides, I don't know if you know it or not, but Watty will probably be the one to figure it out and be consistant with it. ;)
As for my one of a kind, custom of a custom......
Blown_out_Rev_076.jpg
Some jerk tried, I kid you not, grabbed my B while it was inverted on the ground, staked to my handles and lines and tried to run away with it. If it wasn't for iQuad and Theresa @ the Kite Shoppee, I wouldn't be flying with everyone. As I told you, because till last night I just thought you were joking with me (even though I really did try it) I can't fly a full vent indoors no matter how much I yak. :P The camera, or new tutorial post was a question as to basically if I spent 200 or less on a video camera, would I get good enough video to post. The answer from someone in the know said no, I wouldn't. Collaboration! I want to be a team player. Unfortunatly, I can't type what needs to be typed to be anything but arrogant. Thats why I was kicking around the idea of a camera. Well that and if I get one, it's a gift. :) "IF" is the big word there though.
Sorry I come off in any other way than what I intend. In the 15 years I've been flying kites, it's only within the last year and couple of months that I've been able to fly, talk or learn from anyone other than myself.

Dean
As much as I hate to admit it, your post really hurt my feelings. Not because I had done anything wrong in any way, but that what I said was misunderstood and it created drama. And I got the PM from Amy :blushing:

#35 mousieo

mousieo

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 05:33 PM

Dean,
I sent that as a private message so as not to embarrass you. However since you so want to make it public that I sent it , let's just be right out in the open about it.
Here is the message I sent, with a cc to JB.
* Please pull your post*
It's offensive and there are minors on this forum.

You need to be more responsible with your actions and how they effect others.

thanks

Amy Doran
AKA Region 9 Director

If you would like to discuss this further, I suggest you email me privately.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users