7 replies to this topic

#1 beach

beach

Rev Staff

• Forum Host
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,838 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 09:18 PM

Almost each day someone asks me whats "the right kite", and Family thats almost impossible to answer, what I always ask is whats the winds like where you fly, cause if the winds are 20 plus you cant't fly a SUL right, next I ask what do you want the kite for,power, precission, speed, all this comes into play for you the flier cause I just want you to have fun no more no less. Thats why when I talk to the guy or gal who has there first kite and are having fun but they want more I ask them well what are you looking for and then they say "well a little harder work out" well I ask the ?s and see what will work for them, say a blast or a 2.4 but I think it's important to know what will work and thats one of the reasons I give out my card so often which has my info and how to get hold of me at all times cause I want all of you not there to enjoy this sport and this kite as much as I do :rolleyes: I have always flown alot of different Revolutions and to tell you the truth they have all made me smile at one time or the other and have made me mad a few times too. but that just means that I'm not using the right kite for the right job. So for me I guess the "right kite" is the one thats working for me where ever I'm at and what makes me smile right now, so Family I guess your all doomed to having more than one"right kite" on one hand and then doomed to keep a smile on your face on the other hand. ;) That being said if you need me to answer a question or two call the office and we will talk about what will work for you and if your close to an event where I'm going to be call me and you can fly out of my bags and then you'll get an idea of what works for you, and remember there is no "right kite" just alot of them that all do different jobs and are all fun in there own way.....Ben

#2 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 10:14 PM

Neat Ben.

I only have 12 kites, 9 are Revs or Rev type. The B's are just fantastic with the different frames and the vented more and more they are "the right kite" I often put one of the other makes up and think "I wish I had put up a Rev instead"

Still enjoy the others, trying to come to terms with your Fanatic Ben, best Delta I have owned seems best for me in light winds.

There is a Rev to suit ALL winds, 45 mph gusts with John in Blackheath, London down to almost nothing with a B SUL. Not got my head round NO wind yet though.

As Ben says, all you need to do is fly the kite that puts the smile on your face, and maybe push yourself a bit if that is for you. If not just chill.

Above everything flying should be FUN, the more folks want to try my handles the more FUN I have. The more folks will buy Revs hopefully which will let Ben go mAd again some time soon. :D

#3 wufer

wufer

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 03:58 AM

Myself and my lady went out yesterday with a 1.5 SLE and a vented EXP.
The wind was really blowing but as this was going to be Christine,s first time with a rev i put my SLE up. Well as you can imagine the wind was too much for the SLE so i put the vented EXP up and what a difference the venting made.
It was only my second time i had flown the EXP after i had modified it to a vented rev and it was much smoother and really smoothed out the gusts that we get in Yorkshire.
Anyway,i rather trepidly handed my rev over and after i told her how to launch and what to do when one side went up , i let her have her first go.
I was amazed to see her just take off and hold a hover about ten foot up.
She did of course wobble about a fare but but she did really good ,to say it was her first time.
So my point is, a vented rev really does make a big difference in high winds and im very pleased with my modification.
And the grin on Christine,s face when i told her she did well was worth a million pounds.
Regards
Derek

#4 antman

antman

king of wildwood

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,209 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 05:35 AM

i have a vented supersonic and it is a smothe kite when the breezes pick up vented is the way to go thats for sure
GOD PUT ME HERE. TO ENJOY THE WINDS

#5 Watty

Watty

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 07:18 AM

With all this talk of vented kites, woul it be better for me to get a vented rev, or some 1.5 weights? Where I live, there is never enough wind, but when I travel, I find heavily winded places.

Spence "Watty" Watson

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#6 antman

antman

king of wildwood

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,209 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 11:28 AM

the right kite for me would be like the rev b vented but can handle light winds to i never flew a rev b but the vented version with a 2 wrap should be a great smooth UL it would have to be able to hand a range from 2 to 30 and hover like a champ if you guys could build a kite that is all in one float and side slide like a blast speed like a ss precice like a 1 and peformance like a 1.5 and eazy to fly like an exp and last fast in heavy winds like a rev 2 all that in one kite would be the best but i dont think it can be possable
GOD PUT ME HERE. TO ENJOY THE WINDS

#7 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 09:35 PM

Good wish list ant.

#8 Watty

Watty

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 07:45 AM

All this talk about Rev B's is making me anxious to save up money for one.

Spence "Watty" Watson

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users