161 replies to this topic

#141 Felix Mottram

Felix Mottram

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,860 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 10:43 AM

My son was not in the Megafly (he's been nicknamed Dangerous for a reason!) so he took some photos. Will post as soon as I've sorted them out.

Hi Yrna,

Thanks for the introduction.

Look forward to seeing the images and meeting you at Bristol.

Felix

#142 Yrna

Yrna

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 10:57 AM

Hey Felix!

I kind of got a bit overwhelmed and lost track of who I've met and who I still have to go and say hello to. I'm sure I've missed lots of people. Will definitely have to catch up at Bristol!

A selection of photos from the Megafly can be found here: Portsmouth Megafly 2009

You'll see the first attempt to a pair of interlinked circles at which point I think my son got bored with taking photos and wandered off, so the best bits are missing! (a better version of the links plus a lot of writing in the sky)

I had such an amazing time. Big thanks to everyone I met and flew with. Can't wait for Bristol now.

#143 Felix Mottram

Felix Mottram

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,860 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 11:09 AM

Hey Felix!

I kind of got a bit overwhelmed and lost track of who I've met and who I still have to go and say hello to. I'm sure I've missed lots of people. Will definitely have to catch up at Bristol!

A selection of photos from the Megafly can be found here: Portsmouth Megafly 2009

You'll see the first attempt to a pair of interlinked circles at which point I think my son got bored with taking photos and wandered off, so the best bits are missing! (a better version of the links plus a lot of writing in the sky)

I had such an amazing time. Big thanks to everyone I met and flew with. Can't wait for Bristol now.

Hi Yrna,

That image of the interlinked circles should be enough to get the idea across.

Maybe you were wearing dark sunglasses.

The writing in the sky was fun.

See you at Bristol...

Felix

#144 Jonesey

Jonesey

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 11:21 AM

Hi Yrna,

That image of the interlinked circles should be enough to get the idea across.

Maybe you were wearing dark sunglasses.

The writing in the sky was fun.

See you at Bristol...

Felix

My wife is still trying to explain to my kids what one of the words we spelt meant ... its Potty mouth daddy and his friends in our house ........ Great fun though so thanks Decs and FS for letting us mortals play...

still think I might have been better suited to watching from the car park like last year though ;)

#145 Felix Mottram

Felix Mottram

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,860 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 11:25 AM

My wife is still trying to explain to my kids what one of the words we spelt meant ... its Potty mouth daddy and his friends in our house ........ Great fun though so thanks Decs and FS for letting us mortals play...

still think I might have been better suited to watching from the car park like last year though ;)

No No No... The mortals are what makes it happen!!!

Please do not stay in the car park...

Sorry about the 'word'. Someone else did that.

Felix

#146 Jonesey

Jonesey

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 11:25 AM

Oh and I forgot to add a quick shout out (as the youth say) to my 'team mates' Sanja (Yrna) and Les (HippyChippy) .. Jeremy and I bullied them into doing some team flying only about 6 weeks ago and already they held their own in the first mega fly ... 'nice job guys' (for the civilised world I think that's what they say 'over there' instead of 'jolly good show old bean')

Edited by Jonesey, 31 August 2009 - 11:26 AM.

#147 Yrna

Yrna

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 12:17 PM

Oh and I forgot to add a quick shout out (as the youth say) to my 'team mates' Sanja (Yrna) and Les (HippyChippy) .. Jeremy and I bullied them into doing some team flying only about 6 weeks ago and already they held their own in the first mega fly ... 'nice job guys' (for the civilised world I think that's what they say 'over there' instead of 'jolly good show old bean')

While we all need to thank the Flying Squad and the Decorators for a chance to play with the "big boys", my special thanks goes to Jeremy and Jonesey for bullying me this summer. I learned more with you guys than I probably would have done in years of practice on my own. Go team! :clap; :group:

#148 HippyChippy

HippyChippy
  • Forum Member
  • 41 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 01:57 PM

I learned more with you guys than I probably would have done in years of practice on my own. Go team!

Here here, Thanks again Chaps.

#149 andelscott

andelscott

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 02:41 PM

A few random images from the festival:

http://www.revkites....u...m&album=375
Andy

#150 Mr Git

Mr Git

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 12:06 AM

OK, that was a bit mad! Met lots of nice people and got a bit of airtime in Sat and Sun (though short lines in strong winds and tight space was 'interesting'). Abandoned Portsmouth Monday after saying a few Hi's! and Byes! as there were too many potential targets and went of to Stokes Bay...

Had a good time (although the wind dropped off and work called eventually), but got to chat and share the field with some lad from London called Chris, who seemed to know a thing or two! (you may have seen him in the arena at Southampton and Portsmouth...), and some delta team practising for the championships in a fortnight.

Have to say though, I enjoyed flying my new single line the most (thanks 'Tine!).

Edited by Mr Git, 01 September 2009 - 09:39 AM.

No problems getting it up - It's using it properly that's the problem!

#151 Highflyer 05

Highflyer 05
  • Forum Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 01:56 AM

Hi Yrna,

Thanks for the introduction.

Look forward to seeing the images and meeting you at Bristol.

Felix

Hi Felix

I was at the Portsmouth fest had a great time, bought my first Rev B after watching them fly,have learned a lot in a short time.

Regards Denis Gage

#152 HippyChippy

HippyChippy
  • Forum Member
  • 41 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 02:36 AM

Hello HighFlier05,

and welcome to the forum. There's a few of us get together for a friendly and informal fly-in on Sundays at Stokes Bay, Gosport, Nr Portsmouth if you're interested. Ages range from 7-74 and all abilities welcome. You can't really beat flying with others for picking up hints and tips and improving your flying skills.

Hope to see you along if you can make it. P.M. me for details.

Regards , and "welcome to the dark side".

#153 david ellison

david ellison

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 03:50 AM

Indeed welcome aboard the good ship rev Mr Highflyer 05. I wonder if you were the chap who had a chat with me when we/The Decs were "pausing for breath" and then returned with a brand new fluorescent greenyellow B series 1.5? My son Mark then helped you/him get started by sharing a few set up tips. I was a very proud father observing him spread the goodness that is rev flying.

Fabulous weekend at Portsmouth only dampened by the sad news of a fellow kite friend's passing.

More sun and wind for Bristol please!

P.S. - sorry but I was the one who suggested that we didn't have enough kites to spell "that word" in French so we'd better have ago at the English version -_-

#154 Felix Mottram

Felix Mottram

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,860 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 04:24 AM

Hi Felix

I was at the Portsmouth fest had a great time, bought my first Rev B after watching them fly,have learned a lot in a short time.

Regards Denis Gage

Hi Denis,

Thanks for the message. Good to hear that you had a great time and learned a lot. Please see David's message as well.

Regards

Felix

#155 Stephen Hoath

Stephen Hoath

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 10:43 AM

Just got back to the computer after a great weekend.

As always it was a pleasure to fly with the Decorators in a 16 person team, this is really starting to come together and there was a great routine timed to the music perfectly by Jake.

Another highlight for me was the 20 person team on Monday. We had a wide range of experience and confidence but because everyone pulled together and communicated well, we were able to pull off moves that were very good. So hats off to those of you who were pushing their comfort zones and also to the rest of you who enabled us all to stay flying.

See you all soon.

Stephen

Stephen Hoath

<a href="http://www.baidesign.net" rel="nofollow">Bai Design</a>

cappalatte-150x90.jpg

#156 Felix Mottram

Felix Mottram

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,860 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 11:41 AM

Just got back to the computer after a great weekend.

As always it was a pleasure to fly with the Decorators in a 16 person team, this is really starting to come together and there was a great routine timed to the music perfectly by Jake.

Another highlight for me was the 20 person team on Monday. We had a wide range of experience and confidence but because everyone pulled together and communicated well, we were able to pull off moves that were very good. So hats off to those of you who were pushing their comfort zones and also to the rest of you who enabled us all to stay flying.

See you all soon.

Stephen

Stephen,

Thanks for your message. It was equally a great pleasure to fly with The Flying Squad and I would like to thank you all, and Sailor, for having helped in putting up the 16 JMH kites. Jacob is a musician and his capability to 'conduct' in the orchestral sense can be magical. All the players count though, so communication is crucial, as in the Monday 'fly off'.

We are primed for Bristol and hope that all potential participants will make themselves known to us. (More communication, I know, but please do not be shy. We are not really aloof etc. etc.)

Felix

#157 Hezz

Hezz

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 02:31 PM

Another highlight for me was the 20 person team on Monday.

Shame not to have been there longer but we decided to make a quick getaway before the traffic got bad.. Got home and the grey cloud disappeared leaving a lovely blue sky sunny day - typical!

Apparently you guys "overstayed your welcome"! ... as the FA lot were trying to have their Trick Party Workshop and you nabbed their arena... :lol:

http://fracturedaxel...i...sc&start=59

Maybe that's why the third arena at Bristol is now allocated to the duallies... ;)

Hezz

#158 Merrik

Merrik
  • Forum Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 06:57 AM

Hi Folks,

Finally back in front of a working 'puter so here are some belated Portsmouth Rev relate Pics.

Was wonderful meeting Tine & Mr Git and catching up with Col, Daz, Baz and with a few of you i`ve met (kinda) before. I was`nt about to interrupt any team flys so did`nt really get much of a chance to chat. Maybe next year...

Here are the Pics - Portsmouth 2009 Rev Pics. If anyone wants larger/full size just let me know.
Stay safe, stay well, dream well

Merrik

1.5 Full Sail Red/Black, 1.5 JB Full Vent Red/Black, Blue/Black Supersonic

www.fookiters.com

#159 Stone in Shoe Bob

Stone in Shoe Bob

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 08:12 AM

Thanks Merrik some nice pics there. :)
Stone in Shoe Bob

It's Good to Share the Joy.

#160 Mr Git

Mr Git

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 09:16 AM

Hi Merrik :)

Nice to meet you too! Hope the new 'B' serves you well!

My little bug has been out up her single line again since, can't keep the little thing out the sky LOL
No problems getting it up - It's using it properly that's the problem!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users