7 replies to this topic

#1 dagnabbit

dagnabbit

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 12:54 AM

Any Rev pilots in Melbourne? I made the trip down under and didn't bring a Rev (was trying to get a Rev II that would fit into my luggage, couldn't get hold of one before I left Texas for Australia. :( ) Bad on me.

-Ben
dagnabbit!

The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth

team Austin End Of The Line
team Quadzilla

#2 Alex R

Alex R

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 01:39 PM

Any Rev pilots in Melbourne? I made the trip down under and didn't bring a Rev (was trying to get a Rev II that would fit into my luggage, couldn't get hold of one before I left Texas for Australia. :( ) Bad on me.

-Ben

Welcome to Melbourne, hope you enjoy your stay downunder.
I only have Rev 1.5's, a 20th Anniversary and a standard with a changed frame.

Alex
Melbourne,
Australia.

Posted Image <a href="http://s253.photobuc...new_logo-6.gif" target="_blank">

#3 dagnabbit

dagnabbit

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 05:39 PM

Thanks Alex- I love it here. This is my second trip to Melbourne. Hoping it becomes an annual deal. It would be better during the summer, perhaps, but I love winter in Melbourne. Beats summer in Texas!

Any place to buy a Rev in Melbourne?

-Ben
dagnabbit!

The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth

team Austin End Of The Line
team Quadzilla

#4 Alex R

Alex R

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 07:02 PM

Thanks Alex- I love it here. This is my second trip to Melbourne. Hoping it becomes an annual deal. It would be better during the summer, perhaps, but I love winter in Melbourne. Beats summer in Texas!

Any place to buy a Rev in Melbourne?

-Ben

The only place I know, is Kitepower in Geelong, if they have any stock. I have found it better to buy direct from USA, (A Wind Of Change or Kite Connection). I would recommend buying a travel frame which allows the kite to be folded into a much smaller bundle.
Alex

Edited by Alex R, 09 July 2009 - 07:04 PM.

Alex
Melbourne,
Australia.

Posted Image <a href="http://s253.photobuc...new_logo-6.gif" target="_blank">

#5 spotter

spotter
  • Forum Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 10:23 PM

Hey Ben,

Welcome to the land down under. There are a couple of rev flyers in Aust and a few that are in Melbourne. There is an Australian Kiting forum that you can ask on aswell. It is called Extreme Kites. As Alex has said Kitepower in Gelong may have some in stock and briskites also stock revs but they are in Brisbane.

Spotter
Trying to fly "Down Under"

#6 Jynx

Jynx

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts
  • Location:West Allis (Milwaukee) WI ...and... New Smyrna Beach FL winters

Posted 15 October 2009 - 08:27 PM

I'm seriously thinking of taking an Australia vacation... Wondering if anyone could supply me with info regarding best area to vacation, best time of the year (weather), and any other info that would help... Please know that Rev flying will be on the "things to do" list as well as site seeing. (Any fests scheduled?)

Thank you, in advance, for any Australia vacation suggestions and/or information!

Jynx
Wisconsin USA

"When the power of love becomes more important than the love of power,

then there will be peace"

Jimi Hendrix

Posted Image

#7 spotter

spotter
  • Forum Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 03:27 PM

Hey Jynx,

Rev's in Austraila is not that big. Mind you there are some really nice places to fly. The is some fantastic pleases to visit and lots to see and do. If you like some unreal senery, then Tasmania is wonderful, best time to visit is Jan/Feb. Membourne is nice as well and some great places to fly. There is a wonderful drive from melbourne to Adalade along the Great Ocean Road. Best to do this over a couple of days as there is a lot to see and do.There are always the popular places like Ulurau and Sydney.

Really there is so much to see and do that it is hard to tell you the "Best" place. Mind you, being as bias as I can be, Tasmania really is wonderful and if possible, should try and spend some time down here if you can (yes I am from Tasmania).

Spotter
Trying to fly "Down Under"

#8 Jynx

Jynx

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts
  • Location:West Allis (Milwaukee) WI ...and... New Smyrna Beach FL winters

Posted 18 October 2009 - 04:25 PM

Hey Jynx,

Rev's in Austraila is not that big. Mind you there are some really nice places to fly. The is some fantastic pleases to visit and lots to see and do. If you like some unreal senery, then Tasmania is wonderful, best time to visit is Jan/Feb. Membourne is nice as well and some great places to fly. There is a wonderful drive from melbourne to Adalade along the Great Ocean Road. Best to do this over a couple of days as there is a lot to see and do.There are always the popular places like Ulurau and Sydney.

Really there is so much to see and do that it is hard to tell you the "Best" place. Mind you, being as bias as I can be, Tasmania really is wonderful and if possible, should try and spend some time down here if you can (yes I am from Tasmania).

Spotter

Spotter ~ So appreciate your reply! I have been checking travel books and internet info and there is so much it makes my head spin. :dizzy: Your info atleast narrows my search and is a big help!
Hope to get "down-under" early in 2010. :ani_victory:

THANKS AGAIN!
Jynx

"When the power of love becomes more important than the love of power,

then there will be peace"

Jimi Hendrix

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users