Hi from sunny Exmouth

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Timelord

Timelord
  • Forum Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 05:40 AM

Just want to introduce myself as I've just joined today. My name is Lee and I currently fly a Benson Deep space dual line stunt kite and a Benson Airbow Quad line Hybrid kite. I've only flown a Revolution once and I loved it so I'm gonna be buying one when I get back from holiday in the next few weeks....

Thanks for reading :)

#2 Yrna

Yrna

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 05:51 AM

Welcome to the forum and welcome to the Dark Side! Let us know what you're buying and in the mean time browse the forums and read all the useful information that is on offer. You'll find people here really helpful and always happy to give advice, so feel free to ask questions. Happy flying!

Yrna

#3 ian4c

ian4c

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 06:05 AM

Just want to introduce myself as I've just joined today. My name is Lee and I currently fly a Benson Deep space dual line stunt kite and a Benson Airbow Quad line Hybrid kite. I've only flown a Revolution once and I loved it so I'm gonna be buying one when I get back from holiday in the next few weeks....

Hello Lee

I trust you will remember who introduced you to his Berresi 1.5B Vented last Tuesday!

See you after your holiday.

Ian

#4 Timelord

Timelord
  • Forum Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 08:45 AM

Hello Lee

I trust you will remember who introduced you to his Berresi 1.5B Vented last Tuesday!

See you after your holiday.

Ian

Hello Ian I certainly do remember thanks mate for allowing me to fly your Revolution and it was a real pleasure meeting you too. Once I'm back from Tenerife we'll have to meet up and you can have a play with the Airbow ;)
Oh BTW I solved the problem with taking my kites on as luggage too, I went to the local fishing tackle shop and found a canvas wrapped drain pipe thingy with a carrying handle for fishing rods. I fitted a hasp and staple to it and bingo, problem solved so both my kites are coming with me so I can still have my kite fix ;)
The cost of the holder was only 10 and the hasp and staple was just kicking around my shed and needed to be used, have a look below...

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

ATB Lee......

#5 Choccy

Choccy

Occasion-al Flyer

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 08:49 AM

Oh BTW I solved the problem with taking my kites on as luggage too, I went to the local fishing tackle shop and found a canvas wrapped drain pipe thingy with a carrying handle for fishing rods. I fitted a hasp and staple to it and bingo, problem solved so both my kites are coming with me so I can still have my kite fix ;)

Hello Lee and welcome along

That's what we used to carry our frames too ;)

It came out no problems at all.... well the frames were unscathed, just a slight tear on the outside of the case... not bad considering the journey it had made :D

happy flying
1 of the 47.

#6 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 09:29 AM

I was over in Tenerife a few months ago.Been a few times and flown duals and quads.Kite flying space is at a premium,depending on where ya go.Early morning[5am-9am]thers zero winds mostly.So stay in bed.Take a Sedgewick rev 1 or SUL.The DS will be sweet.The Air Bow will Love La Medano.

Best spots i flew

La Medano always has a wind and thers long Sandy beeches.Surf and kite Paradise on Teherife
Flying on the beech between Las Americas and Los Cristianos[nr the convelesance Home] is a good spot but,gets full of half naked young folk during full sun hours. :rolleyes: get ther around 7pm.The sunsets awsome[take camera].Thers also a Mc Donalds that do a great Coffee
The surfers at the central beech in Las Americas are quite terratorial at weekends with other surfers but,like watching a kite when waiting for a wave.
Thers a spot,just behind The Las Palmeras Hotel in Las Americas.Which i love to fly at.Again,loadsa surfers,but after 7pm,its pritty empty of sun bathing beautys.Ya gota take a camera.The sunsets are amazing towards La Gomera.

Have fun and welcome to the forum ,,,,,BTW,,,,SIAM PARK IS AWSOME for the water slides....Lauro Park is a great day out to,,,,

BRIAN...

Edited by big bri, 08 July 2009 - 09:31 AM.

#7 play365

play365

The Flying Squad

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 10:48 AM

Well I'm glad to see you've found the better kite forum ..just how is my x airbow doing lol
GARY

Posted Image

#8 Sailor99

Sailor99

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 12:06 PM

If you're missing it Gary I am in a position to sell you another one......
Over - Jeremy

Posted Image

Knowledge: The small part of ignorance that we arrange and classify.

#9 Timelord

Timelord
  • Forum Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 12:49 PM

Well I'm glad to see you've found the better kite forum ..just how is my x airbow doing lol

It's still as crisp as the day you posted it to me and I absolutely love it B) It's a fantastic kite and I will look after it for you :P

#10 play365

play365

The Flying Squad

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 02:54 AM

If you're missing it Gary I am in a position to sell you another one......

I know that your just teasing you wouldn't sell it .........................( why do you think I sold mine) :P
GARY

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users