46 replies to this topic

#21 Highline Kites / BKF

Highline Kites / BKF
  • Forum Member
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 02:51 PM

They look very interesting........
What sort of price are they.

Hope to be taking orders by the weekend.

$299.00 for the package
$279.00 Kite Only

Kite Frame is your choice. 2, 3, 4 Wrap or SLE.

Fliers taking delivery of their kites at the BKF will get first delivery.
If all 12 kites are gone by Sunday the 26, mail orders will be shipped within 2-3 weeks. Vented versions will be available but will also ship within 2-3 weeks.

We are trying to keep this as fair to everyone as possible. Per-Orders will all be filled, but is seems fair to us that if you are making the trip to our BKF you should get first delivery. We also don't want raise excitement and then let folks down by having nothing left to show at the BKF.

Sorry for our delay in getting pricing out to everyone.

Again, they should be up for pre-order in our store over the weekend.

Thanks to all here for their support and suggestions.

I will announce here the second that happens,

Cheers,

Tom
BKF is two weeks away and my head is about to burst! :w00t:

#22 Highline Kites / BKF

Highline Kites / BKF
  • Forum Member
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 02:52 PM

I want to add I just saw the material Tom had printed and " Tom :kid_cussing: your going to cost me money cause these kites will
be hot"...... I'll tell you these are really going to be something and Tom feel free this one time to mention prices, hmmmmm
I have how much money saved..... :blue-cool: :blue-cool: Ben :blue-cool: :blue-cool:

Hope to be taking orders by the weekend.

$299.00 for the package
$279.00 Kite Only

Fliers taking delivery of their kites at the BKF will get first delivery.
If all 12 kites are gone by Sunday the 26, mail orders will be shipped within 2-3 weeks. Vented versions will be available but will also ship within 2-3 weeks.

We are trying to keep this as fair to everyone as possible. Per-Orders will all be filled, but is seems fair to us that if you are making the trip to our BKF you should get first delivery. We also don't want raise excitement and then let folks down by having nothing left to show at the BKF.

Sorry for our delay in getting pricing out to everyone.

Again, they should be up for pre-order in our store over the weekend.

Thanks to all here for their support and suggestions.

I will announce here the second that happens,

Cheers,

Tom
BKF is two weeks away and my head is about to burst! :w00t:

#23 kairusan

kairusan

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 02:38 PM

I got one of these beautiful things from you guys yesterday at the BKF, because I just fell in love with it right there. You were great people to deal with and I hope you made a killing over the weekend, you deserve it!

But I've a rather complicated question for you. Here goes:

I recall asking about the SLE at the time of purchase, and somehow I got the impression that the kite only came with that leading edge option (since it was what was installed in the display model when I bought it). But I now see that you were apparently offering other frame options as well:

If I'd realized this at the time of purchase, I would have instantly opted for a full 1/4" 3-wrap frame instead of the SLE. I could really use more 3-Wrap spars. But I don't really use the SLEs that I have, so I really don't need another set.

Is there any way I can come round to Berkeley next weekend or something and trade the SLE set in for a 3-Wrap 1/4" leading edge? I've not used the SLE for anything; after taking the SLEs out of the kite I put them in a plastic sleeve and put them in a safe place. So it's basically in brand-new condition.

P.S., those E3 customs were awesome too. Blasphemy, I know, but they sure were pretty.
kairusan

#24 Kitelife

Kitelife

Forum Guru

• Forum Host
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,934 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 11:06 AM

I recall asking about the SLE at the time of purchase, and somehow I got the impression that the kite only came with that leading edge option (since it was what was installed in the display model when I bought it). But I now see that you were apparently offering other frame options as well:

If I'd realized this at the time of purchase, I would have instantly opted for a full 1/4" 3-wrap frame instead of the SLE. I could really use more 3-Wrap spars. But I don't really use the SLEs that I have, so I really don't need another set.

Is there any way I can come round to Berkeley next weekend or something and trade the SLE set in for a 3-Wrap 1/4" leading edge? I've not used the SLE for anything; after taking the SLEs out of the kite I put them in a plastic sleeve and put them in a safe place. So it's basically in brand-new condition.

Tom will probably be in "relax and clean up" mode for a few days (being right after the festival), I encourage you to give him a call or email directly... I'm sure it can be taken care of for you. ;)

John Barresi

johnbarresi.com | kitelife.com | learnkites.com | teamiquad.comkitemap.org
youtube.com/kitelife | facebook.com/kitelifemagazine | KiteLife on Google+

President - American Kitefliers Association

"We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails."
(found in a fortune cookie - possibly an Einstein quote)

My full list of kite articles - kitelife.com/author/john-barresi

Please reward posts that are helpful, give positive reputation by clicking on "Like This" button on the right side of each post.

#25 Donivan

Donivan
  • Forum Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 11:40 AM

Hi my name is Duncan, I have worked with Tom for 10 years both at the festival and at the marina. If I remember correctly the choice of frames was for pre order custom kites so they could be shipped with the correct frame. The kites we had on display were shipped with the 1.5 SLE frame. However I know Tom and am absolutely sure that he will be willing to work with you so you can get the frame you want. But I am sure he does not have the all the spars you want this weekend but he is restocking and should have them next weekend.Toms number is (510) 235 5483 or if you truly need to talk to someone right away please call (510) 653 2100. I'm jealous :P I couldn't afford a custom this year. I hope you enjoy flying it.

Edited by Donivan, 28 July 2009 - 11:57 AM.

#26 Quincy

Quincy

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 04:53 PM

Just finished talking with Tom.

Still time to order some of these great kites. I just did!

Edited by Quincy, 28 July 2009 - 04:54 PM.

Doug
"Bouncing over the white clouds,
Killing the Blues."
-Roly Salley

#27 Highline Kites / BKF

Highline Kites / BKF
  • Forum Member
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 06:49 AM

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner.

Just as John said, were are sill climbing out from under the rubble around here. (Meetings most of Monday / Rubble since)

John is also correct that we should be able to get this sorted out. John practically grew up on flying fields of Berkeley and though he knows that though we don't always get it right we always do our best.

As long as you keep the SLE frame safe, (Don't want the next guy to get used rods) we should be able to swap out the frame with no problem as long as we have the frame you want on hand. If we don't have it on hand it will just take a little time for us to "get it right".

Lolly from Rev had brought a bundle of 1/4" so that we could swap out frames as necessary. I intended to have here leave them with us but in the rush of breakdown Sunday evening, think they went home with her. They could be among the "Rubble" and I may find them in time to have them in the store this weekend.

I should also point out that Duncan is also correct that initially, we had only planned on having the frame be an option only on the pre-orders. Only later, (like Wed. before the fest!) did we decided we should have some 1/4" frames on hand for swapping.

Bottom line is that we should be able to help you but I can't promise that I will have the right rods in the "Store" this weekend.

Hope this helps,

Tom

#28 Jynx

Jynx

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts
  • Location:West Allis (Milwaukee) WI ...and... New Smyrna Beach FL winters

Posted 30 July 2009 - 09:41 PM

Tom ~ Thanks for all your help when ordering my AquariumOne! Can't wait till it arrives... Don't worry, I'll be patient!

Can't wait, Can't wait, Can't wait, Can't wait, Can't wait, Can't wait, Can't wait, Can't wait! :ani_yahoo:

"When the power of love becomes more important than the love of power,

then there will be peace"

Jimi Hendrix

Posted Image

#29 kairusan

kairusan

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 08:14 PM

@Tom: Thanks for agreeing to swap out my SLE for some 1/4" rods, preferably 4-Wrap (but 3-Wrap is also ok). Do you think you'll have some in stock by about a week from now? I'll probably be down at the Berkeley Marina flying on or about August 8, so it would be awesome to do the swap then since I will be right there anyway.

Also, just curious---what fabric did you use to print the designs on? It really looks and feels like ripstop nylon. If so, that's awesome; it would partly explain the fact that these kites seem to handle gusts better than they should. (Although it also means I cannot dunk them repeatedly in a lake like I have done 70+ times with my old 1.5 standard sail.) ^_^
kairusan

#30 Highline Kites / BKF

Highline Kites / BKF
  • Forum Member
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 08:21 AM

@Tom: Thanks for agreeing to swap out my SLE for some 1/4" rods, preferably 4-Wrap (but 3-Wrap is also ok). Do you think you'll have some in stock by about a week from now? I'll probably be down at the Berkeley Marina flying on or about August 8, so it would be awesome to do the swap then since I will be right there anyway.

Also, just curious---what fabric did you use to print the designs on? It really looks and feels like ripstop nylon. If so, that's awesome; it would partly explain the fact that these kites seem to handle gusts better than they should. (Although it also means I cannot dunk them repeatedly in a lake like I have done 70+ times with my old 1.5 standard sail.) ^_^

Good news on the 1/4" rods.

I have 10 LE sets in the truck and we can make the swap any time.

The custom cloth is premium quality polly, though I do not know the brand.

Post a pic of that baby flying. I still have not seen one in the air let alone fly one!

Tom

#31 kairusan

kairusan

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 11:10 AM

Coooooooooooooool, if it's poly, that means it's waterproof! I'll make sure to bring this one up to Idaho with me next year and dump it in the lake a few dozen times. Only proper way to break in a new Rev. :)

I don't have any pics of it flying yet (the Wife took them and has been jealously guarding them until she finishes processing them, whenever that may be), but I do have a couple of videos, linked from this thread: http://www.revkites....c...t&pid=55486
kairusan

#32 Kitelife

Kitelife

Forum Guru

• Forum Host
  • 5,934 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 01:25 PM

Bear in mind, water flying DOES speed up sail degradation somewhat, but a quick rinse after each water day should minimize it. ;)

However, I love water flying, I do it all the time, and it's not like the sail will suddenly dissolve anyway!

John Barresi

Please reward posts that are helpful, give positive reputation by clicking on "Like This" button on the right side of each post.

#33 FortFlyer

FortFlyer

Jimi Quadsticks

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 04:20 PM

Bear in mind, water flying DOES speed up sail degradation somewhat, but a quick rinse after each water day should minimize it. ;)

However, I love water flying, I do it all the time, and it's not like the sail will suddenly dissolve anyway!

Ya John, Like you have had a kite long enough to deteriorate anyhow ;)
Jim,
Ft. Taber Park & Brenton Point

Rev's are like a carbon framed out-of-body experience

Posted Image

#34 Kitelife

Kitelife

Forum Guru

• Forum Host
  • 5,934 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 10:47 AM

Ya, I've only been it it for a week now, but I'm learning quick. ;)

John Barresi

#35 FortFlyer

FortFlyer

Jimi Quadsticks

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 11:00 AM

Ya, I've only been it it for a week now, but I'm learning quick. ;)

Wow pretty good there buddy keep up the good work, I would suggest trying to get together with local flyers you would accelerate through the learning curve much faster.

Try getting together with Dean he's been flying a year and seems to know his stuff pretty well maybe he can show you some stuff.

BTW ya giblet, I meant you don't keep sails long enough to deteriorate, you get fresh for spankin new ones pretty regular :P

Have fun in Columbia ;)
Jim,
Ft. Taber Park & Brenton Point

Rev's are like a carbon framed out-of-body experience

Posted Image

#36 Kitelife

Kitelife

Forum Guru

• Forum Host
  • 5,934 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 01:37 PM

Oh no, we fly our sails into the ground, make no mistake. ;)

Looking forward to Colombia... Clinic, indoor and 2 different outdoor venues...Crowds on Sunday of 5,000+, standing.

We're so amped, gonna rock the joint. :)

Not too late for WSIKF Jim, come on out. ;)

John Barresi

#37 SKYWLKR

SKYWLKR

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 09:15 PM

Any of these still available?

I like this one!!

http://www.revkites....c...ost&id=5419

Edited by SKYWLKR, 06 August 2009 - 09:51 PM.

Joe Meaux
MeauxJo Kites
Baton Rouge, LA

#38 Quincy

Quincy

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 08:33 AM

Any of these still available?

I like this one!!

http://www.revkites....c...ost&id=5419

I ordered one last week but I don't get it until I'm back from Dieppe.
Doug
"Bouncing over the white clouds,
Killing the Blues."
-Roly Salley

#39 bartman

bartman

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 10:30 AM

I ordered one last week but I don't get it until I'm back from Dieppe.

I was left with the impression it would be the end of the month at least before we see these in Canada. I am hoping it would be earlier.

Bart

#40 SKYWLKR

SKYWLKR

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 12:45 PM

Does Ben have these or Highline?
Joe Meaux
MeauxJo Kites
Baton Rouge, LA