23 replies to this topic

#21 awindofchange

awindofchange

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 02:30 PM

I've axle'd my single progressive stack and also axle'd a 4 stack of 1.5's and that was more luck than anything. lol

You'll have to let us know if the double stack is possible. I would only try it if you have someone down wind with the stack to re-set all the kites back up (an untangle). he he he...

#22 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 10:50 PM

It's a bit different. The double progressive. I'm a tweaker when it comes to customizing a kite like this. It doesn't have to be so difficult. Kent is right. But damn the thing can be tinkered with if your into that kinda thing. :blushing: Just a lot of fun.
So whats the odds of axleing a double progressive? :huh:

Dean

Should be easy to Axel.
Tie the bottom lines,One to each foot and the tops to your hands,,,,,away ya gooooooooo

The stack Looks Kewl btw.Fly me over the pond for some Balast.

Thanks for the post and info.Im sure thers a few folk intrested and now tempted.

didnt edit btw

BRIAN...

Edited by big bri, 06 July 2009 - 10:51 PM.

#23 Dean750

Dean750

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 07:38 PM

I'm thinking the axle will work. I too have axled the single progressive stack. First to the left, slight pause, then back to the right. Should have seen Rescue's face :lol: I said, "see, theres enough wind to fly it." Then I started flying in reverse and he called me a Weasel. :lol: 2008 Lincoln City Fall Kite Festival ;)

I did kinda almost attempt an axle with the double. I personally fly with alot of brake. Especially on stacks that pull that hard. Personal style I guess. John (RescueRev) uses 15" handles when he fly's his stack. I really can't stand the feel of the 15's. I'd like to try my 13" Pro handles. I'm pretty sure that with my handles and my prefered brake setting I'll be able to axle it without a spotter. I have a problem with leverage with the 15's. I started to give it the input for an axle and felt the wind come up just slightly. Just slightly enough that only the 1st 3 kites half axled. :blushing: the other 3 just kinda flopped. But that one attempt (kinda) told me what needs to happen to axle successfully.
Basically it's like with dual line kites. Smaller kites take smaller quicker inputs. The bigger the kite, the slower more fluid you need to be to get the same result. Make sense? So the Double will take more of a smooth arm movment rather than a quick wrist flick.
Would I have a claim to fame if I can do it and get it on video? :lol:

Dean

#24 RescueRev

RescueRev
  • Forum Member
  • 45 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 08:19 PM

I'm thinking the axle will work. I too have axled the single progressive stack. First to the left, slight pause, then back to the right. Should have seen Rescue's face :lol: I said, "see, theres enough wind to fly it." Then I started flying in reverse and he called me a Weasel. :lol: 2008 Lincoln City Fall Kite Festival ;)

I did kinda almost attempt an axle with the double. I personally fly with alot of brake. Especially on stacks that pull that hard. Personal style I guess. John (RescueRev) uses 15" handles when he fly's his stack. I really can't stand the feel of the 15's. I'd like to try my 13" Pro handles. I'm pretty sure that with my handles and my prefered brake setting I'll be able to axle it without a spotter. I have a problem with leverage with the 15's. I started to give it the input for an axle and felt the wind come up just slightly. Just slightly enough that only the 1st 3 kites half axled. :blushing: the other 3 just kinda flopped. But that one attempt (kinda) told me what needs to happen to axle successfully.
Basically it's like with dual line kites. Smaller kites take smaller quicker inputs. The bigger the kite, the slower more fluid you need to be to get the same result. Make sense? So the Double will take more of a smooth arm movment rather than a quick wrist flick.
Would I have a claim to fame if I can do it and get it on video? :lol:

Dean

I got $20 that says Dean will axle my double stack. I have also decided to go to 13" handles and I will let everyone know how that works out. I would try to axle my stack but I don't have enough time left on mother earth to untangle that mess :lol:
RescueRev

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users