• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Deziener

Deziener
  • Forum Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 04:27 AM

Hey All,

I consider to buy a Revolution Blast this year. Now I have some questions. As far as I know there are three types, the Blast, the 2-4 and the 4-8.

Witch Blast is for what purpose?
Is the smallest one (almost) as fast as the speed series?
Which one do I need for a mountainbord?
Does anyone have any experience on the water with a Revolution Blast (Kitesurfing)? Or is this a stupid question?Posted Image

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Deziener

#2 awindofchange

awindofchange

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 11:58 AM

First, I doubt the Blast series would be that good on the water. These kites are very fast and it would be difficult for you to get up to speed on a board before the kite out-flew you. They are also single skinned with no ability to float so if you ever did put in in the water, relaunching them would be difficult or nearly impossible.

On the Blast series kites, they totally rock!
The Blast is an awesome fun kite that can be flown in a huge variety of winds. In the light winds it is super floaty and fun to fly, reverse floats are incredible and precision is ok, not nearly as precise as the 1.5 or Rev 1's but still there if you work it. In the stronger winds (Usually over 10 mph) the Blast starts to come to life and is a totally different kite. The power comes in good and rock solid. It has some very decent pull while still maintaining the ability to float it pretty much whenever you want just by dumping the brake lines out.

If you are more interested in the power (which I am assuming by the mention of your mountainboard) then I would suggest the Power Blast 2-4. This kite is the big brother to the Blast and packs a rock solid punch of power pretty much whenever you want it but still has the ability to dump the power out whenever you don't. Hovering the kite in 15 mph winds directly in the power is simple and easy. Just a quick rotation of the wrists and you go from near zero power to full power. Upwind is awesome, control is awesome....the kite really rocks.

The Power Blast 4-8 is like the mother of all power kites. It is only 4 sq. meters but like the name, has the power equivalent of most 8.0 meter ram air foils. Like the 2-4, the power comes on and off with a twist of the wrists. The 4-8 is like flying a mack truck in the air so you have to really man-handle that thing to get it to respond. You do need to know how to fly a rev with some good experience to get the most out of this kite. Buggying in winds averaging in the 5 mph is very easy to do with this thing, you do need to know how to get the apparent wind up on it tho. I would discourage this kite for novices or beginners to Rev flying.

Hope this info helps your decision making.

#3 antman

antman

king of wildwood

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 12:16 PM

depending on your skill the 4.8 would be good for that extra lift to do some cool airs with the board
GOD PUT ME HERE. TO ENJOY THE WINDS

#4 Deziener

Deziener
  • Forum Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 06:04 AM

Yes, thank you! This helps me lot. Do you know anything about the smallest Blast according to the Speed series? Is it just power versus speed or is there more to it?

First, I doubt the Blast series would be that good on the water. These kites are very fast and it would be difficult for you to get up to speed on a board before the kite out-flew you. They are also single skinned with no ability to float so if you ever did put in in the water, relaunching them would be difficult or nearly impossible.

On the Blast series kites, they totally rock!
The Blast is an awesome fun kite that can be flown in a huge variety of winds. In the light winds it is super floaty and fun to fly, reverse floats are incredible and precision is ok, not nearly as precise as the 1.5 or Rev 1's but still there if you work it. In the stronger winds (Usually over 10 mph) the Blast starts to come to life and is a totally different kite. The power comes in good and rock solid. It has some very decent pull while still maintaining the ability to float it pretty much whenever you want just by dumping the brake lines out.

If you are more interested in the power (which I am assuming by the mention of your mountainboard) then I would suggest the Power Blast 2-4. This kite is the big brother to the Blast and packs a rock solid punch of power pretty much whenever you want it but still has the ability to dump the power out whenever you don't. Hovering the kite in 15 mph winds directly in the power is simple and easy. Just a quick rotation of the wrists and you go from near zero power to full power. Upwind is awesome, control is awesome....the kite really rocks.

The Power Blast 4-8 is like the mother of all power kites. It is only 4 sq. meters but like the name, has the power equivalent of most 8.0 meter ram air foils. Like the 2-4, the power comes on and off with a twist of the wrists. The 4-8 is like flying a mack truck in the air so you have to really man-handle that thing to get it to respond. You do need to know how to fly a rev with some good experience to get the most out of this kite. Buggying in winds averaging in the 5 mph is very easy to do with this thing, you do need to know how to get the apparent wind up on it tho. I would discourage this kite for novices or beginners to Rev flying.

Hope this info helps your decision making.

#5 awindofchange

awindofchange

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 06:53 PM

The BLAST is what I would call a crossover from the speed series towards the power series. It is not as fast and agile as the speed series, and not nearly as powerful as the Power Blast 2-4. Instead it is a very good medium between both. Much faster than the Rev 1 or 1.5, much more power than the Shockwave, not as fast as the Sonic or Shockwave, not as much power as the Power Blast 2-4.

Personally I feel that if you are mainly looking for raw power, the Power Blast 2-4 would be a better choice than the Blast. If you are wanting good solid power that will drag you a bit but not pull your arms from your sockets and still has some really good speed and precision, the Blast would be the choice. If you want raw eye boggling speed, the Sonic or Shockwave. For ultimate precision without that much power and smooth controllable speed, the Rev 1 or 1.5 SLE.

Hope that helps.

#6 Quad KiT

Quad KiT

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 07:40 PM

Get a powerblast. Watch John's new video and see the control, then watch Joe get pulled around on the buggy.

I love my powerblast but have yet to set in a buggy with it. The blast is a decent kite but Im not sure it has any one special skill. Its not so precise, its not so powerful, its not so fast. it is a little bit of all three. It has some of all but none of just one if that makes sense. Im sure if someone was to master the blast they would have one versatile kite. It just doesn't keep my interest as long as a REV II or REV 1.5.

#7 Deziener

Deziener
  • Forum Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 06:34 AM

Yes, that helps!
Now I know, I want them all..., but I'm married :rolleyes:
So I'll buy one each year or so. To start with the SS (vented) this spring. I think...

The BLAST is what I would call a crossover from the speed series towards the power series. It is not as fast and agile as the speed series, and not nearly as powerful as the Power Blast 2-4. Instead it is a very good medium between both. Much faster than the Rev 1 or 1.5, much more power than the Shockwave, not as fast as the Sonic or Shockwave, not as much power as the Power Blast 2-4.

Personally I feel that if you are mainly looking for raw power, the Power Blast 2-4 would be a better choice than the Blast. If you are wanting good solid power that will drag you a bit but not pull your arms from your sockets and still has some really good speed and precision, the Blast would be the choice. If you want raw eye boggling speed, the Sonic or Shockwave. For ultimate precision without that much power and smooth controllable speed, the Rev 1 or 1.5 SLE.

Hope that helps.

#8 awindofchange

awindofchange

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 10:23 AM

Best way to go about that is to buy yourself the Vented Sonic, and then buy our wife a 1.5 SLE!!!

Once she enjoys flying she too will want to buy the others! Then you can have them all without the beggin & explanations!! LOL

#9 antman

antman

king of wildwood

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 12:01 PM

i like my blast for light wind flying it flotas and hovers with such style as well as floating you can slack your lines to the point where a regular kite would fall out of the sky but the blast will just hover flat its wild to see as well as the best side slide rev their is
GOD PUT ME HERE. TO ENJOY THE WINDS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users