First time on a Rev.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Crimsongost

Crimsongost
  • Forum Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 04:49 AM

Good morning all Spent the better part of yesterday learning to fly a rev (Rev II actually). All I have to say is WOW!! Winds were 6/8 mph most of the day. I was on 75' lines with 9" handles. really hard to keep it in one spot most of my hover attempts turned in to wobbles. Anyway was really excited to finally fly one. Any one one know where I can pick up a cheap 1 or 1.5? I think the II may be a little out of my league to learn with ... but it's still fun :)

Thanks
Mitchell

#2 TimW

TimW

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 05:19 AM

Where abouts are you?
If UK, I can give you an email address of an SLE for 100
was offered it but I'm away from home atm.
Cheers
Tim
Finally getting my own back on the wind, after being pushed around by it for years.

#3 Crimsongost

Crimsongost
  • Forum Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 05:34 AM

I am in Ct. USA ..

I have found an EXP $106 shipped and a 1.5 $159 shipped and a 1.5B $259 shipped.
These are all sail only.

Thanks
Mitchell

#4 TimW

TimW

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 06:46 AM

I'm new to Revolution kites myself, but I have an EXP and a Blast.
I have the EXP with me at the moment and find it's a great all round Starters kite.
From the posts on this site, most people would recommend the 1.5 as a starter and the B series if (when) you get hooked.
my EXP flies really well, but it's not perfect. the available moves 'can' be done, but it's a beginners kite
(to me, EXP says Experience, as in a taster, a try before you spend thousands lol)
Start with what you can afford, as you will soon be told..........you'll soon have a REV stockist on speed dial lol.
Go for a full kit, lines & handles & DVD, makes sense to get it 'right' from the beginning.
You'll soon be thinking lazer pro lines, 2,3 & 4 wraps, race rods, bridles, the list goes on (and on and on)
You'll soon see why they welcome you with.............Welcome to the Dark side lmao...
ATB
Tim

Edited by TimW, 30 June 2009 - 06:50 AM.

Finally getting my own back on the wind, after being pushed around by it for years.

#5 LS Kite Stakes

LS Kite Stakes

Make it Custom!

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 04:29 PM

Welcome to the Darkside Mitchell!

The RevII it a twitchy, fast reacting kite. You will be better off learning the basics of flight on a 1.5. There are a few Rev fliers in your neck of the woods, and there is a up coming festival in your area. The Newport festival in Newport RI. Here is the LINK to the thread on this forum. Hook up with other fliers, it will make learning the basics and more so much easier!

For a first kite package, go for the B Series Revolution 1.5. The reason why is you get two frame sets, and a handle leader setup recommended by John Barressi, and a much better instruction DVD. If money is a factor, the EXP is a great starter kite.

Good luck and have fun!
LS Custom Kite Accessories

Maker of the Original Marble Kite Stake
And Revolution Snagless Pro Handles
http://www.Kitestakes.com

Posted Image

#6 Scott A.

Scott A.

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 04:37 PM

I am in Ct. USA ..

I have found an EXP $106 shipped and a 1.5 $159 shipped and a 1.5B $259 shipped.
These are all sail only.

Thanks
Mitchell

Hi Mitchell,
Call me I'm in RI I have Rev's in stock and I'll be at Hammonasett State park on Sunday, drop me a line or call. I'll hook you up.
Scott Weider
Team REV RIDERS

#7 deebs1596

deebs1596

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 08:26 PM

where abouts in CT, im on the shore so i might be able to let an EXP go for 100. just have to get lines and handles
----Dan-----

lost in thought or lost in a field... either way send a search party

i fly what i can and stare at what i cant.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users