7 replies to this topic

#1 TimW

TimW

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 02:02 PM

Anyone have a diagram, webpage link, or could post a few pics of how the bridles of an EXP and a Blast should look, i'm sure the second hand Blast I have has the bridles setup wrong.
Many Thanks
Finally getting my own back on the wind, after being pushed around by it for years.

#2 kitecowboy

kitecowboy

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 07:20 PM

what have you got for the blast? theres two tie points on bottom, and top looks like a normal 1.5. sometimes people remove the connector between top and bottom points, if its used that may be the case. hope that helps. and I've never seen an exp but i assume there the same as a "B".
Cowboy, rocks in your pockets couldn't hurt.

#3 TimW

TimW

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 03:15 AM

Hi and thanks, Yes, the bridle top and bottom are separate pieces where the connector has been removed. It's the connector length and tie up points i'd like to find out so i can restore it to how it should be. at present, it only goes up with a decent gust, then it's back to earth as if the brakes have been gently applied.
Finally getting my own back on the wind, after being pushed around by it for years.

#4 Jonesey

Jonesey

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 04:09 AM

at present, it only goes up with a decent gust, then it's back to earth as if the brakes have been gently applied.

Sort of sounds as if its about right ... should all be in the handle tuning from there..... maybe its a tad more break then you would like to begin with but most if us would set up a rev (even the blast) in such a way that a face up launch requires quite a bit of 'kinetic input' to get off the ground ...

#5 kitecowboy

kitecowboy

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 07:24 AM

my center link has been gone for awhile but i dont think you'll want it there, everyone that i've seen removes it and tie the bottom lines to the outer tie points for "easier" flight. in anything under about 5 mph its a bit of work to get the beast in the air. make sure your lines are equal.
Cowboy, rocks in your pockets couldn't hurt.

#6 Jynx

Jynx

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts
  • Location:West Allis (Milwaukee) WI ...and... New Smyrna Beach FL winters

Posted 15 June 2009 - 06:18 PM

I had the same question this past wekend. I was told to check the Rev site... couldn't find anything there and nothing was included in the original case.

Come-on Baz, you've got to have the precise answer/s for us! (As your name is tagged on the site when reading about the Blast series).

"When the power of love becomes more important than the love of power,

then there will be peace"

Jimi Hendrix

Posted Image

#7 Downforce Fighter

Downforce Fighter
  • Forum Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 09:49 AM

Well, I spent quite a bit of time trying out all of the different set-ups.
But after all i found it best without the downbridle and using the outside connectors on the trailing edge side.
Thats one of the nice things about the Blast, you can experiment quite a bit to find a set up that suits your personal style.

The setup mentioned above, allows me (at least thats my impression although im pretty incompetent ;) ) to fly virtually in all directions at nearly the same speed, and the transitions between slide and "normal" flight are non existent.

Thus, figures like a circle, leading edge outside at all times, are far more easy for a beginner like me, than they would be on a 1,5b.
Thats what i really love about the Blast.

But still, i must admit that my 1,5 B ist by far my most used Kite, especially since i got the Race Frame.

And, since this is my first Post here, i will take the opportunity to express my Gratitude to the Revolution Team for these nice pieces of pure fun which usually let a big grin appear on my face, each time i have got the chance to get outside "Reving around"

Bye, Mike

Edited by Downforce Fighter, 07 December 2009 - 09:52 AM.

#8 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 03:27 PM

Welcome Mike, the first post is the most difficult, gets easier after that one.

And yes, I tend to set my Blast up the same way as you Jonesey and KK do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users