#41 AldenMiler

AldenMiler

Bazzer P Wannabe

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 09:27 AM

Simon ...

Come to Southampton festival this weekend and I will lend you my older B standard for a few weeks to try ...... you know it makes senes!

Jonesy the pusher! "C'mon kid, try it. You'll like it." :devil:

-Alden
"Don't go in there!" RC

#42 Stone in Shoe Bob

Stone in Shoe Bob

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 01:01 PM

Jonesy the pusher! "C'mon kid, try it. You'll like it." :devil:

-Alden

I think we've all been guilty of that at one time or another, I know I have. :)

Share the joy.
Stone in Shoe Bob

It's Good to Share the Joy.

#43 SAW

SAW
  • Forum Member
  • 45 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 08:42 AM

Hello all me again ;)

I still haven't bought a Rev :rolleyes: nearly got one a Brighton but I can't decide on which model. I don't really want to spend out on B series in case I don't get on with it (Revs in general), I know I borrowed Jonesey's (thanks again) but it's not the same when it's not yours and didn't want to break it.

When I used the B it felt fast but I can't compare it to any over Rev's having not tried any ? so are they all like that ? but again I was on me own so didn't really know excatly what I was doing right or wrong :lol:

Do I get the cheaper EXP or 1.5 and see how I get on, I know if I stick at it & enjoy it I'll buy more.

I would rather something more beginner freindly and then work my way up.

There's a few 1.5's going on ebay.

I've been looking for EXP in Raspberry/White/Black but no luck :(

#44 awindofchange

awindofchange

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 10:05 AM

The EXP is a great kite, and for the price, perfect for someone in your situation that is still wondering if they really want to get into this sport. You can purchase an EXP at a real bargain compared to some of the more expensive packages.

The EXP is a good kite to start out with and you can fly it for a very long time without really growing out of it. It can do pretty much everything a B-Series Pro can do and with a few tiny mods (handle leader extension lines) is just like a B-Series kite. Obviously the sail material is different and the panel layout - but you really can't tell much of a difference between the two until your skills start improving more - after the initial learning curve.

Another thing that is nice about the EXP is that it is super easy to lend to someone else like a friend or family member so they too can learn to fly. That way they can crash and learn without having to put all that extra wear and tear on your more expensive model.

Get in touch with Kiteworld (or your local shop) - they should be able to work you a deal on an EXP.

#45 SAW

SAW
  • Forum Member
  • 45 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 06:18 AM

Finally got a Rev EXP on it's way B) and a 1.5 SLE that I've just won :blink:

Simon.

#46 SAW

SAW
  • Forum Member
  • 45 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 06:45 AM

WoooHooo it's here :lol: now just need the rain to stop :rolleyes:

Simon.

#47 Jonesey

Jonesey

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 06:51 AM

WoooHooo it's here :lol: now just need the rain to stop :rolleyes:

Simon.

Pictures or it doesn't count!! Good to hear you have taken your first step down the slippery slope.... must organise a get together for all the new Hampshire flyers in the next few weeks (Sunday Week at Stokes Bay or the Jolly up at basingstoke on the 1st/2nd of Aug ?) ...

Enjoy!

#48 SAW

SAW
  • Forum Member
  • 45 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 07:07 AM

Posted Image

I thought it was Green/White/Black but not that bothered looks cool. Want to go out and fly it now :P

Question on the lines, I have two red and two black the reds are tied together and so are the black so how do I know which is top and bottom ? is it best to have red top and black bottom ?

Simon.

#49 Stone in Shoe Bob

Stone in Shoe Bob

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 10:08 AM

Question on the lines, I have two red and two black the reds are tied together and so are the black so how do I know which is top and bottom ? is it best to have red top and black bottom ?

It really doesn't matter what you do, just so long as you remember what you have done. Some people use red as the break lines because Red means "STOP", I didn't think of that when I bought my first Rev, at that time the bridle lines were coloured
the top were red and bottom were black, I used Red Top news papers as my memory aid.

Some people like to alternate their setup to even out the stretch and wear, personally i couldn't be arsed.
Stone in Shoe Bob

#50 Jeff

Jeff

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 10:23 AM

Posted Image

I thought it was Green/White/Black but not that bothered looks cool. Want to go out and fly it now :P

Question on the lines, I have two red and two black the reds are tied together and so are the black so how do I know which is top and bottom ?

The same way you know which is your right and left sock.

;)

I alternate occasionally. Like rotating tires.

It doesn't matter what color's where, the colors are just to make it easy to know you're matching top to top, bottom to bottom.

Or left and right, if that's your thing. :P

Edited by Jeff, 17 July 2009 - 10:27 AM.

CYuLf.jpg 0LPEo.png and ybuXm.png

#51 awindofchange

awindofchange

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 10:30 AM

Yup, all four lines are the exact same so it doesn't matter what line goes where. Just make sure the top right line goes to the top right handle, bottom right to the bottom right handle etc.. etc...

Great looking kite! Now you gotta get it up in the air. :)

#52 Jeepster

Jeepster

Curmudgeon

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 937 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 10:44 AM

I alternate occasionally. Like rotating tires.

Jeff,

Is that a four or five tire rotation?

@SAW

It's not important to keep the top lines exactly the same length as the bottom lines. Any difference can be taken up by the pigtail knots on your handles.
But, it is important to keep the top left the same length as the top right ... and likewise with the bottom pair. Get the left and right lines off too much and it'll throw off the feel of the kite. So, please use one color for the top lines and one color for the bottom lines. I prefer the mind jogger of black = bottom.

Welcome to Rev flying and the forum.

Cheers,
Tom

#53 SAW

SAW
  • Forum Member
  • 45 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 11:20 AM

Thanks, I think I didn't word my original post correctly about the lines. What I meant was in the super DVD you get ;) they say black on the bottom, well my lines are joined in pairs on the winder with red to red and black to black so if had black on the left and red on the right I still wouldn't know which was top and bottom if that makes any sense ??? but don't matter now I'll pair them red and black and have red top and black bottom. I't wasn't that important I was just trying to explain that they came paired as colours :blush:

Finally the rain has stopped it's now starting to get dark :thumbdown:

Simon.

#54 LS Kite Stakes

LS Kite Stakes

Make it Custom!

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 04:31 PM

Finally the rain has stopped it's now starting to get dark :thumbdown:

Simon.

The joys of The New Kite Curse............

BTW, kites need wind, not daylight, to fly........ :devil:
LS Custom Kite Accessories

Maker of the Original Marble Kite Stake
And Revolution Snagless Pro Handles
http://www.Kitestakes.com

Posted Image

#55 Stone in Shoe Bob

Stone in Shoe Bob

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 07:58 AM

BTW, kites need wind, not daylight, to fly........ smiley-devil.gif

Are you sure? Have you not seen "Windless with Watty"?
Stone in Shoe Bob

#56 SAW

SAW
  • Forum Member
  • 45 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 09:48 AM

Hi,

Got an hour on it today :w00t: not very good wind condtions though a bit blustery and on and off all the time :rolleyes: better than no wind though. Manage a few spins and reverse take off's oh and a few crashes :lol: . Need to meet up with a few of you and get some tips !

Simon.

#57 SAW

SAW
  • Forum Member
  • 45 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 04:58 AM

New toy has arrived :w00t:

Posted Image

Simon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users