• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 SaskView

SaskView
  • Forum Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 07:26 PM

Here's a short video of the '08 Festival: Kite Revolution Video
It features team iQuad, and other cool kites and sights!

This year's fest is June 20th and 21st: Windscape's Official Website

I'm looking forward to it!

#2 bartman

bartman

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 08:47 PM

You'll need to hunt me down while here. Do you have a Rev to bring along?

Bart

#3 SaskView

SaskView
  • Forum Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 03:10 PM

Will do. I read your Windscape post in the Upcoming Events section. Looking forward to crashing your BBQ ;-)

When the organizers put the above video on the Windscape homepage I asked Shann if they would like a semi-official video guy, and she said sure. I'm not a pro by any means, just a shamelessly spamming videographer, who straps mini-cams on anything that flies.

I don't have a Rev but seriously thinking about it. Posting in the Rev forum has added  embarrassment as an incentive...I do have a parafoil (experimenting with KAP) and a inexpensive dual line delta.

#4 Hal

Hal
  • Forum Member
  • 37 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 04:40 PM

I'm bringing my Rev's, what about the BBQ? :P

#5 bartman

bartman

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 06:44 PM

My friend has a foil. He's the only one here that does. Bring it along, I'm sure he would appreciate some company out in the field with his lone foil. He calls me a "Rev snob" so he could use some back up! He will be greatly out numbered. lol

Bart

Will do. I read your Windscape post in the Upcoming Events section. Looking forward to crashing your BBQ ;-)

When the organizers put the above video on the Windscape homepage I asked Shann if they would like a semi-official video guy, and she said sure. I'm not a pro by any means, just a shamelessly spamming videographer, who straps mini-cams on anything that flies.

I don't have a Rev but seriously thinking about it. Posting in the Rev forum has added embarrassment as an incentive...I do have a parafoil (experimenting with KAP) and a inexpensive dual line delta.

#6 bartman

bartman

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 06:54 PM

I'm bringing my Rev's, what about the BBQ? :P

You want to bring a BBQ? Seems a little odd. Does it fly?

Both you and Saskview are welcome to attend the BBQ. Are you coming alone? I'm just in the final planning stages before cutting off the invites. Let me know.

Bart

#7 SaskView

SaskView
  • Forum Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 08:52 PM

You want to bring a BBQ? Seems a little odd. Does it fly?

The winds we have here, I'm sure a flying BBQ is possible. In fact, with a large enough propane bottle...

I was just kidding about the real-life BBQ and don't want to impose... but I don't have any set plans for the night. How's this sound, I'll bring some grub/liquid fuel/lawn chair if it's cool to hang with you folks.

#8 Hal

Hal
  • Forum Member
  • 37 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 08:59 PM

Thanks Bart, hope we are not really crashing a party, my wife is coming with me, let us know what we can bring.

#9 bartman

bartman

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 08:13 AM

Regina has ballistic winds? Not enough to move a feather here for the past four days. It's making me nervous. All we have got this year has been the extremes. The only good flying day we've had this year was early March when it was one perfect afternoon. I haven't flown here since April and that was in a howling wind that I didn't enjoy at all.

In any event. No one is crashing anything. If you are a member of this forum and here next Saturday then you are invited for the BBQ. I'll be cutting it off, though, at the end of this weekend so make yourselves known NOW.

If you have a lawn chair bring that.

It is BYOB. I am not referring to a "B-Series" Rev, but a bottle. Have whatever you want in that bottle that is legal. No need to bring anything else.

It is going to be more of a come and go thing for a couple hours. Of course you can come and the beginning and go at the end, but if you can't be there right at the start no big deal. Just make sure you go! :P I'm hoping there is wind for an evening fly afterwards.

So far the Rev count known to be coming is 9. That is a record for here. Sort of a sad record considering some of these mega-flys, but for here it is a record and should be some notice.

Looking forward to it.

Bart

#10 SaskView

SaskView
  • Forum Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 06:50 PM

Pretty much the same here. When there is wind, it's mostly been too much.

It'll just be me coming. Appreciate the hospitality!

#11 kitecowboy

kitecowboy

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 07:54 AM

only 9 revs? are you counting all of mine? oh maybe you ment flyers, :P six more days :ani_yahoo: :ani_weightlift:
Cowboy, rocks in your pockets couldn't hurt.

#12 bartman

bartman

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 08:06 AM

unless you are flying two at a time now I'm only counting fliers!

Bart

#13 bartman

bartman

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 02:51 PM

Everyone think WIND for next weekend. Fourth day in a row with little to no wind and over a month now of weekends with no wind here. Perfect temps today, just couldn't even get a breath for more than 30 seconds at a time. I'm getting worried.

Bart

#14 bartman

bartman

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 07:46 PM

Okay, the BBQ is pretty much set and no more people from here have said they are coming so invites are pretty much closed.

*** THIS IS IMPORTANT ***

Be sure to find me sometime on Saturday. Shouldn't be too difficult. I'll be wearing a white shirt that says "iWobble" on the back! That is the team that Kitecowboy, his wife and myself call ourselves. I'll give you a map and directions to my place and all other important information at that time. I am 5 minutes from the festival field.

BRING YOUR OWN DRINKS. I'm not doing anything about drinks so come with whatever you want.

If you are driving in and have room, bring a lawn chair or camping chair as some people will probably need to stand if everyone decides to roll in all at once.

This will be "come and go" and will end with plenty of time, God willing, for evening flying.

I am making this NON-SMOKING on my property.

Any questions, please ask!

Bart

#15 SaskView

SaskView
  • Forum Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 07:59 AM

Excellent!

Wind...wind...wind...

#16 kitecowboy

kitecowboy

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 08:11 AM

pauls_pictures01_357.jpg Is it ok if my kite smokes a little?
Cowboy, rocks in your pockets couldn't hurt.

#17 bartman

bartman

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 10:43 AM

pauls_pictures01_357.jpg Is it ok if my kite smokes a little?

ONLY if it is a little.

Bart

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users