Photo

Newbie in the US: What's the best place to buy online?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#41 Justin Horne

Justin Horne
  • Forum Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 09:04 PM

Well, I got it today, and got it assembled about an hour ago. Man, it is just gorgeous looking, I am very happy with the color combo. Thumbs up for AWindofChange, that was awesomely fast shipping.

My only issue:
The "How to Fly" dvd was cracked during shipping. Are the videos or instructions online somewhere, or?

#42 LS Kite Stakes

LS Kite Stakes

Make it Custom!

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 10:27 PM

Call Kent at AWindofChange and see what he can do, he will set it good.... :blue-music:
LS Custom Kite Accessories

Maker of the Original Marble Kite Stake
And Revolution Snagless Pro Handles
http://www.Kitestakes.com

Posted Image

#43 Justin Horne

Justin Horne
  • Forum Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 10:52 PM

Call Kent at AWindofChange and see what he can do, he will set it good.... :blue-music:

I'm sure I could, but it's only a dvd, don't want to really put that on them.

#44 awindofchange

awindofchange

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:14 AM

Justin, no problem at all. We will have a replacement DVD in the mail to you this afternoon.

Darn shipping companies anyways!

If you have someone there that you can fly with then that is much better than the DVD anyways. Either way, we got you taken care of.

#45 Justin Horne

Justin Horne
  • Forum Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 11:12 PM

Wow, thanks guys! That was fast. You really didn't have to, but I certainly see why you were quick to be recommended here.

Thanks again.

Edited by Justin Horne, 12 June 2009 - 11:12 PM.

#46 Justin Horne

Justin Horne
  • Forum Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 07:33 PM

Well, field report!

I went down to my preferred field (A large, open, mowed grass field, only to find just no wind at all.
I then moved to my second, and eventualyl third favorite spot, an ankly high grass field. It's just annoying because of the line getting cuaght, etc...

Eventually, I got it built, the lines properly (I thought) set up, etc...
Got it in the air, but BARELY.. really hard to keep it flying. I could see some twists in the line.. Long story short, somehow or another I had REALLLLY knotted the lines (first quad... :( )

I eventually packed it up, took it home, spent 20 mintes fixing the lines, and packed it up...
About an hour later, I decided I wanted another go... drove to my preferred field, and found wind!
I set it up super slowly/the correct way (staked the handles, pulled the lines out, etc, etc. Made sure every line was perfectly tangle free.

Eventually, I got it flying, and it was AWESOME. A few times hitting the ground, but that's about it. Once I got the fual line instincts gone, and the quad line "omg pull here to stop" instincts in their place, it was a blast. Only got to fly about an hour (impending rain,) but yeah, just got back, and it was great.

And even better, here's a (poor quality) cell phone pciture of it ready to go:

http://img30.imagesh...82/24770004.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users