Photo

Newbie in the US: What's the best place to buy online?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 Justin Horne

Justin Horne
  • Forum Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 12:13 AM

Hey all.

About 3 years ago, I randomly stumbled on Rev kites. I think I saw some in a kite store, got curious, saw the price tag, and left. Anyway, times have changed, I'm older, and have some free time to actually fly kites again. I broke out a few of my Deltas, and have been having great fun (and a few sunburns too...) the past few months. However, I somehow remembered Revs again, and after some pondering, I just have to get one.

Not totally sure, but after reading here, I think I'll most likely be getting the 1.5 SLE. Thing is, I live in North Idaho, USA, and there are just literally no kite shops within 250 miles, so I'm forced to getting one online.

Is there any particular site you guys really respect/would recommend?

Thanks much.
Any other tips/is the 1.5 sle a good choice/whatever, feel free. I've been browsing the forum a few weeks, and while there's a lot of stuff, I'm learning.

#2 Stone in Shoe Bob

Stone in Shoe Bob

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 05:00 AM

Hi
Welcome to the forum and welcome to The Darkside. :big_starwars:

I can’t help you with a recommended supplier, I’m based in the UK, but I would line to make a suggestion regarding your choice of first Rev.

I started my collection is based on the SLE range and I am very happy with the choices I have made. However I bought my first Rev pre B series, if you are serious about this I would recommend you take another look at a std B series. I know, the initial outlay is a bit higher but it does offer a lot of flexibility and excellent VFM. With the frames you are effectively getting 3 kites. With the Ultra light (3 wrap) frame you have a std kite, with the Pro Use (2 wrap) frame you have an ultra-light kite and with a double stuffed leading edge (2 wrap and 3 wrap) you will have something for he stronger winds.
Stone in Shoe Bob

It's Good to Share the Joy.

#3 Aerochic

Aerochic

Revadelic

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,722 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 05:12 AM

Hello Justin!

While there are several excellent kite dealers out there online, let me recommend the following 3. You cannot go wrong with any of these folks... they are Rev friendly and always full of information.

http://www.thekiteshoppe.com/
http://www.awindofchange.com/
http://www.kiteconnection.com/

Should you buy a 1.5 SLE, make sure that you request "3 wrap rods" instead of the SLE rods. You will save yourself a world of frustration as you're learning to fly. OR, order the 3 wraps in addition to your kite package. The SLE rods take a nice beating when you're learning to fly.

ps. Be advised, you can never just own 1 Rev! To say these things are addictive in an understatement! ;D

Better Living Through Rev Flying...

Rev Themed Ts & Goodies: http://www.zazzle.co...ckarts/clothing
Aerostakes: http://www.etsy.com/shop/LeshockArts
Rev Galleries: http://www.revkites....=user&user=1408
Flickr Pics: http://www.flickr.co...s/16896184@N05/

#4 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 05:58 AM

Everything thats benn said above.I luv Dave at Kite Connection,

ALSO

You Could BUY THE last few tickets in the raffle for 2 B Series.With all the trimmings.Its on the forum at the moment entitled,another kite reffle.I think thats what its called anyways.All for a good cause

So,Welcome to the darksde,Question is

DO YA FEEL LUCKY ,,,,,,,,,,,,,LOL

Good Luck and enjoy

BRIAN...

Edited by big bri, 01 June 2009 - 05:59 AM.

#5 Kite Krusader

Kite Krusader

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 07:36 AM

Good service, and helpful staff. I buy all my Revolution kites from.

A Wind Of Change is thrilled to be nominated for

"Best Kite Store"

and

" Best Retail Kite Display"

by the Kite Trade Association!

Edited by Kite Krusader, 01 June 2009 - 07:39 AM.

Your friendly neighborhood kite flyer.

Posted Image Posted Image

#6 kitecowboy

kitecowboy

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 10:42 AM

welcome to the dark side, as they say. I live up here in Alberta and there is a guy in Taber. "great canadian kite" his name is mike. dont know if that helps but the way the exchange is maybe worth while to check into.

next thing I suggest is a "B" series little more cash but you'll never look back. imho.

where abouts r u in northern Idaho I travel thru there quite often and always stop to fly around the lakes.
Cowboy, rocks in your pockets couldn't hurt.

#7 kairusan

kairusan

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 11:37 AM

In addition to the other store recommendations in this thread, all of which—particularly awindofchange.com—are excellent, I should add www.midwestkites.com. I've dealt with them many times in the past and they've always been top notch.

Also, I'm planning on bringing my Revs up to Priest Lake in mid-July, so if you happen to be up there around the same time and see someone flying Revs on a beach in the northern part of the lake, that's me. Feel free to dock your boat and fly for awhile.

Finally, everyone says get the B-series as your first Rev, and I agree it does provide excellent value. But if you're squeamish about the huge cost (like I was when first starting out), the 1.5 SLE is great as well.
kairusan

#8 awindofchange

awindofchange

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 02:15 PM

Thank you all for the props, we do have a large stock of Revolutions and can get one out to you right away.

That being said though, if you do have a local shop in your area it is always best to support them, even if the price happens to be slightly higher than what you can find online. Supporting your local shop does so much more for the growth and well being of our sport and ya never know....you may make yourself a new flying friend that will be with you for years to come.

If you are unfortunate to not have a local shop...or if your local shop just doesn't take care of you the way they should then we will be more than happy to get a Revolution in your hands. (as would all the other shops listed above).

#9 Dean750

Dean750

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 10:13 PM

I'm assuming you don't currently have anthing related to a Rev do ya? Handles, lines, extra frame sets..... ?
Assuming you don't have any of it consider your choices. I would recomend the B series 13" handles at the least.
30', 60', 120' 90# Laser Pro Gold line sets 120' LPG 150#'ers too.
Heres the kite part to think about.
I don't know which handles you'll get with a ready to fly 1.5 (swap out the SLE for a 3 or 4 wrap frame.)
If you can, when you buy the kite and switch the frame set (3 or 4 wrap) buy the 1.5 Race Rod Frame.
Later and since you have everything already anyway you'll want a full vented kite. So maybe do the 4 wrap swap on the std. 1.5 with the race frame. So when you get your full vent your buying kite only. Already have handles and lines. Check out RS76man's (Walt's) kite stakes. ;) Gonna need a good stake. These are the best and resonably priced.
Anyway, when you get your full vent, get it with the 3 wrap frame. If you don't have the time I'll go out and look for the best deal as far as getting started.
Since you now realize that the initial cost of getting started flying the best kite in the world, what kind of limit do you have? Initial cost, everything after the cost is free ;)

Dean

#10 Justin Horne

Justin Horne
  • Forum Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 11:00 PM

Hi
Welcome to the forum and welcome to The Darkside. :big_starwars:

I can't help you with a recommended supplier, I'm based in the UK, but I would line to make a suggestion regarding your choice of first Rev.

I started my collection is based on the SLE range and I am very happy with the choices I have made. However I bought my first Rev pre B series, if you are serious about this I would recommend you take another look at a std B series. I know, the initial outlay is a bit higher but it does offer a lot of flexibility and excellent VFM. With the frames you are effectively getting 3 kites. With the Ultra light (3 wrap) frame you have a std kite, with the Pro Use (2 wrap) frame you have an ultra-light kite and with a double stuffed leading edge (2 wrap and 3 wrap) you will have something for he stronger winds.

What exactly do you guys mean by "stronger winds?" I'm usually flying in 5-15. I will say that the flexability sounds good, and the VFM does obviously too, but I don't know if it's quite worth it yet.

Hello Justin!

While there are several excellent kite dealers out there online, let me recommend the following 3. You cannot go wrong with any of these folks... they are Rev friendly and always full of information.

http://www.thekiteshoppe.com/
http://www.kiteconnection.com/

Should you buy a 1.5 SLE, make sure that you request "3 wrap rods" instead of the SLE rods. You will save yourself a world of frustration as you're learning to fly. OR, order the 3 wraps in addition to your kite package. The SLE rods take a nice beating when you're learning to fly.

ps. Be advised, you can never just own 1 Rev! To say these things are addictive in an understatement! ;D

I see this rec. a few times... What makes the 3 wraps better than the SLE? I just assumed the SLE was better.

Everything thats benn said above.I luv Dave at Kite Connection,

ALSO

You Could BUY THE last few tickets in the raffle for 2 B Series.With all the trimmings.Its on the forum at the moment entitled,another kite reffle.I think thats what its called anyways.All for a good cause

So,Welcome to the darksde,Question is

DO YA FEEL LUCKY ,,,,,,,,,,,,,LOL

Good Luck and enjoy

BRIAN...

Yeah, but I'd lose, that always happens. :D

Good service, and helpful staff. I buy all my Revolution kites from.

A Wind Of Change is thrilled to be nominated for

"Best Kite Store"

and

" Best Retail Kite Display"

by the Kite Trade Association!

Thanks.

welcome to the dark side, as they say. I live up here in Alberta and there is a guy in Taber. "great canadian kite" his name is mike. dont know if that helps but the way the exchange is maybe worth while to check into.

next thing I suggest is a "B" series little more cash but you'll never look back. imho.

where abouts r u in northern Idaho I travel thru there quite often and always stop to fly around the lakes.

Does he have an online shop? Not woorth it/willing to drive that far.

I live in Post Falls, and fly in Coeur d'Alene all the time. If you can find an open spot down by the lake, it's fantastic in summer.
I'll take a closer look at the B vs 1.5.

In addition to the other store recommendations in this thread, all of which—particularly awindofchange.com—are excellent, I should add www.midwestkites.com. I've dealt with them many times in the past and they've always been top notch.

Also, I'm planning on bringing my Revs up to Priest Lake in mid-July, so if you happen to be up there around the same time and see someone flying Revs on a beach in the northern part of the lake, that's me. Feel free to dock your boat and fly for awhile.

Finally, everyone says get the B-series as your first Rev, and I agree it does provide excellent value. But if you're squeamish about the huge cost (like I was when first starting out), the 1.5 SLE is great as well.

It's tempting, but yeah, CDA/ CDA Lake for me... It's been years since I've been to Priest Lake, actually. Still, small world.
I think for me it's not that I can't afford a B, it's a "Holy crap, I'm spending $300 for a kite... Wow." moment, that I have to get past. :D If I'm convinced, then I'd get it.

Thank you all for the props, we do have a large stock of Revolutions and can get one out to you right away.

That being said though, if you do have a local shop in your area it is always best to support them, even if the price happens to be slightly higher than what you can find online. Supporting your local shop does so much more for the growth and well being of our sport and ya never know....you may make yourself a new flying friend that will be with you for years to come.

If you are unfortunate to not have a local shop...or if your local shop just doesn't take care of you the way they should then we will be more than happy to get a Revolution in your hands. (as would all the other shops listed above).

Yep, no local shop for me. Not a lot of kite flying people here, though the conditions will totally allow it.

I'm assuming you don't currently have anthing related to a Rev do ya? Handles, lines, extra frame sets..... ?
Assuming you don't have any of it consider your choices. I would recomend the B series 13" handles at the least.
30', 60', 120' 90# Laser Pro Gold line sets 120' LPG 150#'ers too.
Heres the kite part to think about.
I don't know which handles you'll get with a ready to fly 1.5 (swap out the SLE for a 3 or 4 wrap frame.)
If you can, when you buy the kite and switch the frame set (3 or 4 wrap) buy the 1.5 Race Rod Frame.
Later and since you have everything already anyway you'll want a full vented kite. So maybe do the 4 wrap swap on the std. 1.5 with the race frame. So when you get your full vent your buying kite only. Already have handles and lines. Check out RS76man's (Walt's) kite stakes. ;) Gonna need a good stake. These are the best and resonably priced.
Anyway, when you get your full vent, get it with the 3 wrap frame. If you don't have the time I'll go out and look for the best deal as far as getting started.
Since you now realize that the initial cost of getting started flying the best kite in the world, what kind of limit do you have? Initial cost, everything after the cost is free ;)

Dean

Nope, nothing.

So are you suggesting to get the 3 wrap, or the Race Rod, or are they the same?
I understand your (and everyone else's) idea of interchangeability, but I REALLY can't see myself buying too many more. If I did, it would be a while from now. I'm not going to say that I don't want to factor that in, but I also want to buy something that will completely satisfy me for a while, and not 'compromise' on a part, so that it'll be more conviennet when I want to interchange later.
I'd really like to keep the total <300 or so.

Thanks much for all your input guys!

#11 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 02:41 AM

Race Rods are top draw mate.Kewl kit and they do what it says on the tin.

Stronger than 3 wrap,weigh less than a 2 wrap.
Two spars in one realy.Worth the extra$$ i reckon

BRIAN...

#12 REVflyer

REVflyer

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 04:57 AM

Justin,
I can appreciate that the starting price may appear "a bit over the top" from an entry level position. Do you need or have a desire for the state of the art in quad-line flight?

Sometimes in life though, you get exactly what you've paid for! Revs are like fine automobiles. Newer models may come out, but you will certain obtain literally years of pleasure from the one you own currently, if it is properly cared for. If situations improve you could see adding more quads to your garage? Maybe you'd like to hang around with other like-minded souls and fly 'em together?

After many years of flying these things, all I can tell you is I spend more money on travel to use my kites, than on the kites themselves. I own 53 currently and have another B-Series vented Pro due to deliver shortly!

I'm well passed flying quads as a hobby, or even to admitting I suffer from an addiction. I'm at the point now where I want people around me whenever I fly. I'll give lessons to cute little kids and that age-old questions always arises: "How much is a kite like this?" I come home early when nobody's around to interact with, .... heck I'll drive a couple of hours and pay a fee to enter if I think I can gather an audience. I'm not the best flier, that takes more than just hours, more like a dedication to practice specific challenges.

If your winds are 5 to 15 mph then you need a mid-vent pro-series 1.5 with a set of Race rods (+ the 4 wrap frame). You have wind that the rest of us envy. Neither too strong or too light. You're right in the sweet spot for quad-heads. This kite will last you for a half a dozen years with high use and easily a decade with only occasional hours on it. You will be many, many thousands of hours before you can do everything it is capable of in flight dynamics.

Now the tough part, it's called a decision. How deep are you going to go? I think every one of these readers can appreciate this concern. You have my recommendation for a kite and frame based upon your described local conditions. Handles are a personal thing. Longer throws are better suited for low wind, shorter for a big blow. 12 to 13 inches (measured across the gap) should suit you nicely.

LaserPro Gold flying line is worth the admission price, nothing else is it's equal and I've tried 'em all. 90 pound is the most common usage, we all swear by it. I use it for indoors and winds so high the porta-potties have blown over. I only change the lengths and the kite sail/handles, seldom the line strength. (eventually you'll carry 150# and 50# so nothing can prevent the fun from continuing)

If you were local to our kite club, we wouldn't let you buy a kite for a whole year! Instead you'd fly OPKs until you knew exactly what you wanted. After all this time and exposure to different kites, styles of tuning and personalities you would be comfortable acquiring a custom master-piece with all the trimmings direct from the builder. Then all the friends you've made would line-up to get a turn on your newest kite! Ah the fun just keeps on coming.

So the bottom line is,
Revs are way kewl and you should come to a festival for a purer taste of this addiction. That first taste is ever so sweet, years later you will fondly recall these memories. My first kite festival was the Smithsonian in Washington DC. Now I sit on the advisory board for this festival and have a repeating int'l. house guest who comes over to stand in ankle deep mud for a 1-day-only kite party!

It all starts out innocently enough!

Hey kid, come over here and try this treat. Pretty sweet isn't it?
Now give me $400 or have your parents get in touch with me immediately.

#13 Aerochic

Aerochic

Revadelic

• Forum Member
  • 2,722 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 05:24 AM

Justin... On That Spar Thing...

The SLE rods that come with the kite are very stiff and tough, so they'll take a real beating for someone new to the sport. The downside to them is that they do not provide the flex needed to learn all the cool things that these kites can do. My own learning and fun factor with these kites increased hugely when I switched over to 3wrap rods. The race rods were not in existence then. Race rods are my frame of choice now because they cover such a wide spectrum of wind conditions, but they can be pricey. I wouldn't recommend them until you're comfortable with the kite because of the expense incase you might break a rod while learning.

Better Living Through Rev Flying...

Rev Themed Ts & Goodies: http://www.zazzle.co...ckarts/clothing
Aerostakes: http://www.etsy.com/shop/LeshockArts
Rev Galleries: http://www.revkites....=user&user=1408
Flickr Pics: http://www.flickr.co...s/16896184@N05/

#14 Kite Krusader

Kite Krusader

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 05:43 AM

1.5 SLE = Super Leading Edge is a carbon fiber rod 7/16" 3-wrap (UL)
Wind Range:4-20 mph

Revolution B Series
Comes with two frames One 2-wrap 1/4" (SUL) and one 3-wrap 1/4" (UL), giving you the versatility of being able to switch your frames based on the current wind, and you can also slide your SUL leading edge rods in parallel with the UL leading edge when the wind is up, effectively doubling your leading edge strength.
Wind Range:3-10 mph (2 wrap frame)
4-16 mph (3 wrap frame)
6-20 mph (3 wrap frame w/2 wrap LE added)

LE= Leading Edge

Edited by Kite Krusader, 02 June 2009 - 05:47 AM.

Your friendly neighborhood kite flyer.

Posted Image Posted Image

#15 Stone in Shoe Bob

Stone in Shoe Bob

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 11:25 AM

What exactly do you guys mean by "stronger winds?" …………

Mmmmmm, the $64,000 question and to be honest I’m not really sure. That’s not to say I don’t know what I’m talking about, it’s just that as a Rev flier my mind just doesn’t work that way. I am proud to say I have never used an anemometer to help me chose my setup and never will, what we do is more about art than science, it’s about the feel of the air on our skin and the pull of the lines in our hands. I chose my setup, I try it and if I don’t like the feel I change something and try again. The science is for the guys in the factory we are about the appliance of their science. Please believe me when I say I am not being flippant with you that‘s just the way it is.

If you just want a Rev as a change from your duel line stuff of as a bit of occasional light relief on a Sunday afternoon then one Rev may well be enough but as others have already said, if you are serious about this sooner or later you will want to expand your possibilities. One Rev is going to be of no more use to you than one club is going to be to a serious golfer.

The concept you will need to get your head around is that unlike many duel-line kites you can change a Rev frame in the field in minutes and end up with a totally different kite. It is very much a case of mix and match. I don’t expect you to get your head around it now, but a very popular configuration is a vented sail (high wind) with low wind spars.

…….. I'm usually flying in 5-15. I will say that the flexability sounds good, and the VFM does obviously too, but I don't know if it's quite worth it yet.

Well that is something only you can decide, but lets be honest here, you could buy a 1.5sle and it will cover the wind range you need, according to my favourite kite supplier’s web site (UK based so I’m not recommending you shop there) it covers a wind range of 4 to 25 mph. I have no doubt it will cope with those wind speeds but I wouldn’t expect it to be an enjoyable experience at 25mph and whilst it may be possible for an experienced pilot to fly an SLE in a 4mph wind it’s not a setup I would recommend for a beginner. As a novice I tended to prefer a slightly overpowered set up to my more experienced mates, but as my skill level increased and I learned to appreciate the subtleties of the feedback I received from the kite, the point at which I changed to a vented setup lowered, though I still have a lot of work to do to get my low wind technique up to scratch.

If we look at the Std B Series, with the lighter frame to the double stuffed we are looking at a range of 3 to 20 mph. The top end is still well within your expected wind range, (though I bet a pound to a penny that if you stick with this you will eventually be in the market for a vented kite) but more to the point with thinner leading edge the lighter two wrap frame things will be much more comfortable in lighter winds.

Source of figures quoted.
http://www.kiteworld.../info_2481.html
Wind: 4 - 25 mph

http://www.kiteworld.../info_2483.html
Wind Range: 3-10 mph (2 wrap frame)
4-16 mph (3 wrap frame)
6-20 mph (3 wrap frame w/2 wrap LE added)

http://www.kiteworld...og/info_29.html
Wind Range: 5-20 mph (3 wrap frame included)
6-30 mph (4 wrap frame included)
10-45 mph (4 wrap frame w/3 wrap LE added)
Stone in Shoe Bob

#16 Stone in Shoe Bob

Stone in Shoe Bob

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 11:41 AM

I have just re-read my last post and had another thought. If cost is really a big issue, it may be worth looking at the EXP, it has a thinner leading edge it will be lighter than the SLE which will help in lighter wind but it will still only give one setup option.

If you can afford it my recommendation it to bite the bullet and go for the std B, you may not fully understand why, right now but in six months time you will.

I know it does seem like a lot of money right now we have all been in you shoes atone time but look at it this way, if this was golf you would not only be looking at a full golf bag but also expensive club membership fees and all those silly clothes.

Good luck which ever way you chose to go.
Stone in Shoe Bob

#17 kairusan

kairusan

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 12:19 PM

What exactly do you guys mean by "stronger winds?" I'm usually flying in 5-15. I will say that the flexability sounds good, and the VFM does obviously too, but I don't know if it's quite worth it yet.

The 5-15 you have is probably what most people would consider "moderate" winds. Those kinds of winds are within the ideal range of a standard Rev, although when you get to the higher part of that range, the kite will pull a bit and react very quickly to inputs.

I see this rec. a few times... What makes the 3 wraps better than the SLE? I just assumed the SLE was better.

The SLE is extremely stiff and will keep the Rev's sail profile almost perfectly flat against the wind, and won't bend or flex much at all in response to wind gusts or to your control inputs. The 3-wraps are much more flexible, giving the kite's sail more of a curved profile that "cups" the wind, and flex in response to gusts and inputs. The 3-wraps are also much lighter than the SLE.

In flight, the SLE's stiffness helps the kite perform certain maneuvers moderately better, namely, axels and side-slides. However, the tradeoff really is not worth it. In addition to making it much harder to keep the kite steady in gusty winds, the mass of the SLE combined with its stiffness tends to give the kite a ton of oversteer in rotational moves, and makes one very important advanced maneuver—"driving" the kite by pulling gently and steadily on both handles—far less effective than it normally is. Finally, the added mass and stiffness of the SLE makes flying in winds below 6mph very difficult, although you can still do it.

Also, some flyers have reported that the SLE's stiffness makes it more prone to impact damage than the more flexible rods. Having learned on an SLE myself and never having damaged it (or any other rods), I cannot attest to this.

As to whether or not the SLE is "better," the overwhelming opinion of the flyers on this board is that it's not. I've never let that sway me and have spent a ton of time experimenting with the SLEs in various wind conditions, line setups, and so on. The result of all that experimentation? My SLEs are now used exclusively as office decorations, and my Race Rods, 3-wraps and 4-wraps are what go into the kites. :blushing:

So are you suggesting to get the 3 wrap, or the Race Rod, or are they the same?
I understand your (and everyone else's) idea of interchangeability, but I REALLY can't see myself buying too many more. If I did, it would be a while from now. I'm not going to say that I don't want to factor that in, but I also want to buy something that will completely satisfy me for a while, and not 'compromise' on a part, so that it'll be more conviennet when I want to interchange later.
I'd really like to keep the total <300 or so.

One option, if it hasn't been suggested already, is to contact a dealer directly and ask if you can order a 1.5SLE package with a 3-wrap leading edge instead of the SLE. That way you can get in at a decent sub-250 price point, and still have the best equipment with which to learn. I would not personally go with a Rev EXP because then you won't get the nice ripstop polyester sail.
kairusan

#18 kitecowboy

kitecowboy

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 03:27 PM

Yes, Mike at great canadian kite has online store. I was just thinking with the exchange he could possibly be a little less expensful. :)
Cowboy, rocks in your pockets couldn't hurt.

#19 bartman

bartman

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 04:00 PM

What Cowboy said. Here is the site: http://www.canadiankitecompany.com/

He is my "local" kite guy - only 3.5 hours away!

Bart

#20 oh oh

oh oh
  • Forum Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 06:35 PM

May be you can get with Watty, he is in Spokane.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users