looking for assembly diagrams/instructions for my rev

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 ghost flier

ghost flier
  • Forum Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 12:06 AM

I recently bought a used rev 1.5 ul and it didn't come w/any assembly instructions and i'm also looking for a rev flight dvd collection. Can anyone shoot me a pfd of the assembly instructions.
Thank you,

#2 REVflyer

REVflyer

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 02:49 AM

assembly is easy,
turn the kite face down, the sticks go into it that way (on the back of the kite)

carefully slip the three leading edge tubes together,

~ run your finger along the edge until you feel the ferrule,
~ carefully insert the ferrule into the outer tube as you push them together
~ when fully seated place the endcap over the edge of the tube such that not twists or wraps happen between the elastic, bridle and tube.

Next?
place the down tubes into position, again insuring everything is aligned properly between the elastics, bridle and the tube.

There it's all assembled. Take it apart the same way, in reverse order from what's listed above.

Best piece of advise is to try and find another REV pilot in your area. That will save you hundreds of hours of frustration! It's worth the trouble to drive several hours for this coaching!!!

#3 ghost flier

ghost flier
  • Forum Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 06:12 AM

assembly is easy,
turn the kite face down, the sticks go into it that way (on the back of the kite)

carefully slip the three leading edge tubes together,

~ run your finger along the edge until you feel the ferrule,
~ carefully insert the ferrule into the outer tube as you push them together
~ when fully seated place the endcap over the edge of the tube such that not twists or wraps happen between the elastic, bridle and tube.

Next?
place the down tubes into position, again insuring everything is aligned properly between the elastics, bridle and the tube.

There it's all assembled. Take it apart the same way, in reverse order from what's listed above.

Best piece of advise is to try and find another REV pilot in your area. That will save you hundreds of hours of frustration! It's worth the trouble to drive several hours for this coaching!!!

Thank you for the advice. But i'm the only kite flyer where i'm stationed,all that i've learned is all self taught/you tube watching/various kite forums questions

#4 MrDenny

MrDenny

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 06:35 AM

Thank you for the advice. But i'm the only kite flyer where i'm stationed,all that i've learned is all self taught/you tube watching/various kite forums questions

You never know about that. There are Rev nut all over the world. You need to post where you fly.

Denny #12

.. .

Posted Image

#5 Love2fly

Love2fly

All Revved up... where do you want to fly?

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 01:29 PM

Hi Ghost flier-
Welcome to the Rev Family.
One tiny little detail. When you are flying, you can read the Revolution logo, so the downspars are on the other side.
Where are you flying these days? Like Denny said, you'd be surprised at where Rev flyers pop up! ;)
Good luck and if you ever get into a bind, just ask here and many will happily talk you through it!
Laura

*** Any day flying is a good day; have a great one! 
**** REVS: Fly it, you'll like it!
***** L.S.P. ... It's worth the trip!

Posted Image

#6 awindofchange

awindofchange

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 02:04 PM

There are written tutorials right on the Revolution site that you can view/download. I have included the link below

Revolution Techniques - Online Manual Here

Hope that helps you out.

As mentioned above, let us know where you fly and you may be surprised. :)

#7 Mike

Mike

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 02:20 PM

It is easier with another flyer, but I learned and flew on my own for years.
For questions, I wrote to Monkey's old web site, you can now write to this forum.
Good luck!
Mike Kory:
Posted Image and Posted Image

#8 ghost flier

ghost flier
  • Forum Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 04:11 AM

It is easier with another flyer, but I learned and flew on my own for years.
For questions, I wrote to Monkey's old web site, you can now write to this forum.
Good luck!

when attaching the lines:does red go on one side and black on the other or does it matter(all the lines should be the same lenght right).
when connecting the lines to the handles does the long end of the handles goto the top or bottom?

#9 bobw

bobw

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 06:46 AM

when attaching the lines:does red go on one side and black on the other or does it matter(all the lines should be the same lenght right).
when connecting the lines to the handles does the long end of the handles goto the top or bottom?

all the lines should be the same. Whatever red/black convention you use is one that makes sense to you. I tend to use "red/right". Long part of the handles are the bottoms, aka brake lines.

#10 Scott A.

Scott A.

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 09:05 AM

The foam end is the top of the handle
The lines are marked so when attached to the kite you can attach to the handles the same way, so what ever color combo is used it's personal preference, HOWEVER.
Like tires on a car the lines should rotated from time to time. If red/right is used EVERYTIME the lines will CREEP/stretch and the Red/Right will end up a different length, everyone has a dominant hand and pulls on one side more than the other, so after a few hours or days put the red on the left.
VERY IMPORTANT to let the lines Creep/ stretch evenly, (They are braided lines and with tension on them for hours the braids tighten up which makes the lines a small bit longer.) Creep means they lengthen, Stretch means the get longer and then shorten again) so to be technical the braided SPECTRA lines just CREEP, stretch is minimal in a braided SPECTRA that's why they are so expensive.) AND PERFECT FOR FLYING KITES.
Rotate lines to different positions after a few days of flying, just to keep them wearing evenly.
Hope this helps prolong your equipment use.
Scott Weider
Team REV RIDERS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users