24 replies to this topic

#21 awindofchange

awindofchange

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:08 AM

The problem is that each state (and some counties within the states) will have their own sales tax rate, each set up by their local governing body. The Tax collected is designed to go back into the state that charges for the tax. It is illegal for one state to collect another states sales tax - or take tax earnings out of one community and use it for another. It is also illegal for a state to charge sales tax on anyone who will not be able to benefit from that tax - meaning that a business cannot collect sales tax from somebody that is not living (or not able) to benefit from that tax.

So, if they were to impose taxation on sales done over state lines.....it brings up another entire rats nest of problems. First, who would be responsible to enforce the collection of the tax? Would the state that the item was sold to be responsible to go back to the other state that sold the items and enforce the collection of the tax? How would the State know that the items were even sold and shipped there in the first place? Does the State that the business is in need to go into those business's and see that they are charging and collecting the taxes for all the other states? And if they are charging and collecting, are they paying it back to the other communities and where?

That's a ton and a half of work that would be dumped onto every tax service as some items are tax free for some states where others charge. The tax commission would have to evaluate every single sale into every single state to see that the item was taxable in the first place, then check to see that the item was taxed at the right rate, then have to go into the business's banking and financial records to see that the tax was paid to the state.....good luck on that one! Especially when some business's will ship thousands of products all over the U.S. every single day.

So, until the government figures out how, we can at least enjoy this one small loophole that works in our favor - probably the only thing we are not (directly) taxed for at this time. :)

#22 bake

bake
  • Forum Member
  • 36 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 08:04 PM

Who is going to sell me a set of these in Canada?

I just snapped a ultralight rod tonight on my 1.5 sle Anyone have a single spare outboard ultralight rod for sale so I can have it as a spare or for high wind days?

I miss my Rev already.
What could possibly go wrong?

#23 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 08:29 PM

I just snapped a ultralight rod tonight on my 1.5 sle Anyone have a single spare outboard ultralight rod for sale so I can have it as a spare or for high wind days?

I miss my Rev already.

On the REV web site the following retailers are listed in Canada:
Corioli's Kites Montreal 514-827-3163

Inter-Activity Games Victoria, BC, Canada 604-480-3979

Kites Only Vancouver, BC Canada 604-685-9877

l'Atelier d'Art du Cerf-Volant Saint-Hyacinthe, Quebec, Canada 450-771-7114

Le Gîte du cerf-volant St-Roch-des-Aulnaies, Québec, Canada 418-354-2182

Levaque Boutique Hawkesburg, Ontario, Canada 613-678-0808

Tail Spin Kites Ontario, Canada 519-348-4460

Vent D'Ekinox Montreal-Nord, Quebec, Canada 514-327-1959

Long John (formerly Mr. R)

STACK International Executive Committee - 6/1996-6/2008
International Rules Book Committee and STACK International Head Judge - 6/2004-6/2008
World Sport Kite Championship Judge - 2004-2005-2006(Chief Judge)
13x 1st - 12x 2nd - 6x 3rd places in 37 overall Quadline individual competitions

Web Site - http://www.johnnmitchell.com/index.html Check it out today!

#24 kitecowboy

kitecowboy

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 08:34 PM

I miss my Rev already.

Mike can get you one CanadianKiteCompany.com he's in Taber, AB.
Cowboy, rocks in your pockets couldn't hurt.

#25 terry w

terry w

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 07:34 AM

you can also contact BUD TAYLOR at THE KITE GUYS
he s in ardrie alberta , has been in biz for twenty plus years and knows his kites
for all your info the inter activite games in victoria sells some two line kites and some parts and pieces For those but appears not to be rev friendly :big_blowup: he pushes the 2 liners and feed back from interested people we have sent there in the past has been negative..... just our opinion though :devil:

there is also theresa at the kite shoppe in vancouver washington , another person who reallys knows her products
also sally at kites and puppets in vancouver b.c. .. not alot of flying info.but she has rev kites and parts and pieces

perhaps someone on the forum in canada has a extra 3 wrap ( ultralight) rod they could make availabe ... shipping would be cheap

terry w
TEAM ISLAND QUAD
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users