166 replies to this topic

#101 bartman

bartman

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 08:08 AM

Have any of you had a chance to see my night fly from Wildwood this past weekend, during the Rev Party? It was extremely gusty and turbulant as a nor'easter was approaching. We refer to it as the "Big Smackdown" :kid_smartass: :kid_devlish: It was very funny. I was just doing bicycles, mainly, as I liked the way the lights turned into circles.
Here's the link:

Ouch! I do that during the day! Less now, but still a few bad ones.

Bart

#102 Love2fly

Love2fly

All Revved up... where do you want to fly?

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 05:57 PM

Ouch! I do that during the day! Less now, but still a few bad ones.

Bart

Things happen, especially in gusty winds.
I think it was a combination of the lines starting to bind up (lots of spins to the left) and then a big gust of wind. :kid_devlish: We all found it quite funny at the moment as it was quite a loud impact. I think the one light took most of it; and it still stayed lit! Thankfully, "the rev was not at all injured in the making of this film ;) !"
Laura

*** Any day flying is a good day; have a great one! 
**** REVS: Fly it, you'll like it!
***** L.S.P. ... It's worth the trip!

Posted Image

#103 deebs1596

deebs1596

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 06:52 PM

at least we learned a lesson...less rotations in one direction without unwrapping :lol:
----Dan-----

lost in thought or lost in a field... either way send a search party

i fly what i can and stare at what i cant.

#104 inventing_man

inventing_man
  • Forum Member
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 07:17 PM

Has anyone tried this ? Light wire

#105 Love2fly

Love2fly

• Forum Member
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 09:29 PM

Interesting. I'm always looking for lights for my SLK's, as well. This has potential...I'm going to call them as I have a few questions...
Will keep you posted.
Laura

Posted Image

#106 bartman

bartman

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 06:46 AM

Is there something cheap and simple to use to try out lights? Just thinking of each corner on the ends and the verticals. What is my best option?

Bart

#107 boomzilla

boomzilla

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 07:09 AM

one page back, in this thread...g
glenn pickard
http://rifleart.com/

#108 bartman

bartman

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 07:12 AM

one page back, in this thread...g

Yes, but of the four variations which is the better choice? I looked at all of them and don't really know.

Bart

#109 boomzilla

boomzilla

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 07:18 AM

dynamic sky lights, red is the brightest, has the jb seal of approval, no battery boxes to deal with...g
glenn pickard
http://rifleart.com/

#110 Guest_QuadQrazy_*

Guest_QuadQrazy_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 November 2008 - 08:36 AM

What is my best option?

Bart

I have used the Glowire, and it worked wonderful.

A bright new idea in kite lighting
Glowire is a high-tech, electroluminescent wire, with a unique neon-like glow. Driven by a regular 9-volt battery, it attaches to your kite with clear tape, double-back tape, twist ties or zip ties. Includes two 5-foot sections of Orange or Lime Glowire, Driver with switch and 9-volt battery connecter. 3.7-oz. with battery (not included). Specify Orange or Lime color.

http://www.intothewi...ies/Kite_Lights

#111 inventing_man

inventing_man
  • Forum Member
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 02:44 PM

Not sure If I would settle for just the 2 colors I T W offers .
When you can have a selection like this . Powered by 2 AA batts. with a flash option

Posted Image

#112 Love2fly

Love2fly

• Forum Member
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 05:19 PM

I don't think the glow wire from ITW is all that bright. It works, but.....
Bart, I purchased the lights from the first link @ Kitesrus; they're fine, although I need (or would like) a better way to mount them. Zip ties or even those little wire things from bread would work. I personally want them to be facing straight back (perpendicular) from the kite; I think that would give the most light back... I'll be playing with it to see what I can do... I'll keep you posted.

The light wire sounds great and two double AA's are certainly light enough.

Inventing_man... is this your business venture? I have a few questions and plan on calling the co. tomorrow.
Laura

Posted Image

#113 inventing_man

inventing_man
  • Forum Member
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 07:33 PM

Negative ..... I have no affiliation with them what so ever . I have seen them used on RC and on costumes in person . Seemed plenty bright .
Wondering here too , Maybe dabs of hot glue to hold it on ?

#114 deebs1596

deebs1596

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 08:05 PM

if i remember correctly someone around here on the forum(i think Big Bri) had a suit with lights of some kind, not sure what kind of lights they were but that might work.

PS if it wasnt big bri im sure to be corrected
----Dan-----

lost in thought or lost in a field... either way send a search party

i fly what i can and stare at what i cant.

#115 Love2fly

Love2fly

• Forum Member
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 08:15 PM

Negative ..... I have no affiliation with them what so ever . I have seen them used on RC and on costumes in person . Seemed plenty bright .
Wondering here too , Maybe dabs of hot glue to hold it on ?

I would never want to glue anything onto the Rev. I think zip ties would work well. Like I had said before, I plan on calling them and get a few things answered and if it sounds good, I'll buy it and try it. If it works well, I'll post some photos and give my feedback...
Laura

Posted Image

#116 bartman

bartman

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 08:21 PM

Just in case someone gets the notion to use hot glue on something. Rubbing Alcohol will cause the dried glue to unstick.

I would never glue anything onto the kite.

Bart

#117 mr skunk

mr skunk
  • Banned
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 12:26 AM

http://entertainment...t=entertainment

Here is a video of our night fly I made the two light outfits from the bike lights i got of e-bay.....well fun night with lots of public wanting photos with us..great night the full write up on this night is in the kite den on the latest news page ..enjoy
keep it high dudes

#118 Love2fly

Love2fly

• Forum Member
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 09:41 PM

http://entertainment...t=entertainment

Here is a video of our night fly I made the two light outfits from the bike lights i got of e-bay.....well fun night with lots of public wanting photos with us..great night the full write up on this night is in the kite den on the latest news page ..enjoy

That was very cool, thanks for sharing.
Laura

Posted Image

#119 chrsfincher

chrsfincher
  • Forum Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 07:39 PM

ok these r the lights i started with http://www.getflashl..._evlkcbubp.html i got them from dollar general for less than 5 dollars. if u take the rings off and take them apart u can take a battery out and bend the press switch so they will always be on. i did this the first night and it worked great i had them on the back of my rev 1.5. i just used double sided tape to hold them on and i put two on each side facing down from the leading edge. it worked pretty good till i got a good spin goin and watched a light fly off. found it and put it in my pocket and kept flyin. because they were on the back it looked like i had 2 pink and 2 blue lights it was pretty cool. well needless to say with them on forever i rewired them to work off a 2 cell pack i got at radioshack http://www.radioshac...oductId=2102737
the one i found looked like that but it had a red and a black wire coming out of it with a screw to hold the cover on.
i took it home and took all the the keychains apart and used some old speaker wire to wire the leds inside the keychains to the battery. i put a tiny switch in the battery box there is just enough room if you get a very small switch. i also took all the watch batterys out of the keychains and used my exacto knife to cut a knotch in the plastic so i could have a place for the wire to go out and it still screw together. once i had all 4 wired i laid them out and cut sum small squares of velcro out and placed them on the kite the sticky does just evough stick to hold but when u want to remove it doesnt stick to your kite and leave that gummy crap we all hate. i laid out the wires and spliced them all together so i could get as much weight off as possible. this time i moved the lights around to the front so that there r two on the top pointing down the from the leading edge on the tips. the other two i put on the bottom of the tips pointing up into the kite toward the white center piece. i havent had a chance to fly it with the new set up but i will try to get some picks so you guys can see what im talkin about. and for only about 10 dollars im satisfied

#120 LS Kite Stakes

LS Kite Stakes

Make it Custom!

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 10:26 PM

I am giving some thought to a light setup that uses very small batteries and a charging system that works like those shaker flashlights. All custom made with small light weight materials. As the kite turned it would make the charging system work, keeping the very small batteries charged and the 4 LEDs lit. This is all just a thought at the moment, might try to have something to try out at WSIKF this summer.
LS Custom Kite Accessories

Maker of the Original Marble Kite Stake
And Revolution Snagless Pro Handles
http://www.Kitestakes.com

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users