10 replies to this topic

#1 Steve de Rooy

Steve de Rooy

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 08:10 AM

photo.jpg New Fade Series from Bazzer this particular one is the Warm Ice Black Center.

Well as you most know I just came back from Oceancity, Maryland there I picked up myself a B-Series Pro (The Full Monty Poulter Pro) :) :)

I love to share what is new and exciting about the 1.5 B-Series Pro from Revolution......

Being able to see what bazzer does on these Revs between video skyping for a chat on how the day is going or over at his place for our travels of iQuad trips to begin I get to see Bazzer building of these kites, and the major steps of how these are build and the positive changes this has done to new 1.5 B-Series Pros.

The New Pros are all completely done by Bazzer up to the point of burning the holes for the bungees and end-cap and the putting on the bridles which is done at Revolution, there at revolution once again doing a quality check, package and ship to the new owners.

The new leading Edge now the ends being folded and sewn and capped off with another piece of Dacron making it I think 4 layers, for a garrenteed a non fraying edge, the reinforcement where the upright meets the leading edge there is a Kevlar reinforcements built in under the dacron this reduces wearing between the two rods (Leading edge and Upright).

The trailing edges is now has a double stitch making the trailing edge a little more ridged making reverse flying a lot more controllable. Also the great detail Bazzer uses to make sure the ripstop is laid out and glued before any stitch is laid, making this sail as flat as it can be making it a very smooth flier.

NewTipBazzer.jpg

The last time I flew the B-Pro was with the new Silver Bullet leading Edge with Race Rods uprights. I was flying in a 4 mile hour or so wind, I found the S.Bs with the taper wrap configuration has been a great rod for flying in lighter winds. The 3 wrap in the center, still having that crucial weight needed for forward flight, and too the lighter wrap tips. I found the the outer rods of the S.B. Leading edge are lighter then race rods. Im not sure of the numbers but you can feel the difference in weight just held in hand. With the tips being able to bend in lighter wind conditions the sail is much easier to get that loaded sail kite, precision kite that I like to fly.

LEnewBazzer.jpg

I always find it hard to express what I feel at the handles while im flying and putting that in written form... but there was my attempt... LOL....

And if you did not understand all that....

IN SHORT...

The new Pros... Are amazing.... if you have been flying the b-series and you get a chance to try out a new pro.... I think your first words will be... "WOW !!!"

Steve D.

#2 Scott A.

Scott A.

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 08:44 AM

Ok,
What a testimonial! I hear you!
Very well said!
The new silver bullets sound fantastic! what a combo!
I have question, what would be the process for an SUL/ripstop LE in relation to the Dacron LE?
That would seem like a perfect marriage for the bullets, Yeah?
It is probably some overkill and not necessary, but for the sake of curiosity?
Scott Weider
Team REV RIDERS

#3 Steve de Rooy

Steve de Rooy

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 08:51 AM

Ok,
What a testimonial! I hear you!
Very well said!
The new silver bullets sound fantastic! what a combo!
I have question, what would be the process for an SUL/ripstop LE in relation to the Dacron LE?
That would seem like a perfect marriage for the bullets, Yeah?
It is probably some overkill and not necessary, but for the sake of curiosity?

Great question Scott....

I never really felt the need to go SUL Leading edge ... the weight difference between the two is not that much.. and for the life time of the kite ... The 4 oz leading edge will keep you going for a lot longer... I still stand by it.... Weight in a kite put in the right place even in very light condition is still needed to give you the weight to throw around while in flight and keeping that wing moving...

#4 Scott A.

Scott A.

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 09:12 AM

Agreed,
I don't have any besides on my indoors, So I was just curious.

Plus the weight thing, I Understand I fly with the sticks, on my outdoor stuff and when they are used in the context they were designed in, that weight, enhances inertia. just a different balance.
Plus STEVE, I think you would make a cardborad shaped REV fly well :huh:
You rock,
I can't wait to mash on one!
I like the concept of the rods helping the sail load whatever puff is there.
Scott Weider
Team REV RIDERS

#5 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 09:22 AM

Well my new Pro is definatly a tidy piece of work. Flies well too.

Still a bit on the unruly side, Bazzer didnt train this one well I think.

The finish is superb.

#6 REVflyer

REVflyer

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 10:32 AM

I have a few revolution products and in the place I call home the difference in the leading edge sleeve materials is significant enough to warrant a special order. I even get the masterpiece kites done that way!

I want the weight in specific places just as you guys do, but the sleeve material doesn't add anything except durability in my book. I'd rather use a longer, solid carbon ferule in the Race tubes and keep the sail as light as possible.

We each have our own way, . . . experimenting is one of the best parts of being a REV pilot!

#7 beach

beach

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 07:35 AM

I have a few revolution products and in the place I call home the difference in the leading edge sleeve materials is significant enough to warrant a special order. I even get the masterpiece kites done that way!

I want the weight in specific places just as you guys do, but the sleeve material doesn't add anything except durability in my book. I'd rather use a longer, solid carbon ferule in the Race tubes and keep the sail as light as possible.

We each have our own way, . . . experimenting is one of the best parts of being a REV pilot!

Well said and we have all developed and experimented with what works for us, myself and John and iQuad are always going thru my handle
set up but this is what works for me...... ;) There are no right and wrongs only different but what the B Pro is about is the very best doing
the very best, Bazzer has an eye for things that is way beyond my own and his attention to detail with a huge amount of knowledge of the
kite is a match made in heaven as far as I'm concerned....... Does it cost more, YES, is it worth it I believe it is and I stand behind that,
the B Pro is part of an ongoing evolution of a great product getting nothing but better...... I listen to you and then I try to make it work
for the company and at times this is not an easy thing...... Steve thank you for that great report, Bazzer thank you for what you do you
are a true artisan, and mostly thank you Family for allowing me to bring you the very best of the very best......... Ben :blue-cool: :blue-cool: :blue-cool:

#8 Horn dog

Horn dog
  • Forum Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 04:07 PM

I had the pleasure to fly a fully finish bazzer pro that actually belongs to Steve D and I can't ecen begin to express the difference in how well this baby flies. While in full foward motion and without hesitation when I pulled on the handles to switch into reverse I was completely in aww of how smooth and easy it was in transition. I have now picked up my very own and can't wait to get out and fly it.

Like Steve says it's hard to discribe what you feel in the handles, but I guess WOW!!!! will have to do for now.

Like beach said are they a little more to purchase "YES" is it worth it, "NO QUESTION ABOUT IT".

For me it's a no brainer! Bazzer, Steve D, IQuad and the gang at Revolution

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!!

Oh did I say Thank You

Wolf

#9 nobodyspecial

nobodyspecial

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 10:29 PM

Okay, that Rev is awesome, matches one of my custom dualie kites. This really sounds nice. But I'm poor. I think I will be putting the pennies in the jar. Thanks for your insight on the new setup Steve D. always good to get your input.

#10 Dean750

Dean750

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 10:43 PM

I should be getting my B Pro (Bazzer finished) sometime early next week. :) That leaves me 10 days to knock the rust off before the Team Clinic. ;)
My New Baby, by Bazzer B)

Dean__s_New_Baby.jpg

Dean

#11 Horn dog

Horn dog
  • Forum Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 11:19 PM

Really like the way you chooses your panel set up it's going to look sweet in the sky.
I get to fill my new sail with wind tomorrow.

See you at the clinic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users