• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 andychapp

andychapp
  • Forum Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 06:59 AM

Hi,
I just thought i would introduce myself as i have been lurking for some weeks now.
My name is Andy and i am 38 from Peterborough in the u.k.
I have a mrs Andy and 2 little child size Andy's.
I have flown kites on and off for most of my life, starting with single lines when i could stand up to Peter Powell stunt kites when i was a boy throught to some more modern deltas and power kites.
I have now just purchased my first, and i mean my first Rev. It is a used EXP and i am loving it.
If fact i am loving it so much i am now saving for a B-series ( i've only had the exp for a month).

You guys seeem to have a great friendly forum with loads of tips and hints (thats how i know i am getting a b-series).
So thank you all for help.

Also, does any of you know of any rev fliers in Peterborough?

Fly safe
Andy

#2 Scott A.

Scott A.

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 07:34 AM

Welcome Andy,
Safety first,
kindle them old flames. ;)
Scott Weider
Team REV RIDERS

#3 melnsct

melnsct

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 07:42 AM

Welcome to the Rev world.........fly on.......
Melanie in Tennessee

#4 play365

play365

The Flying Squad

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 07:51 AM

Hi,
I just thought i would introduce myself as i have been lurking for some weeks now.
My name is Andy and i am 38 from Peterborough in the u.k.
I have a mrs Andy and 2 little child size Andy's.
I have flown kites on and off for most of my life, starting with single lines when i could stand up to Peter Powell stunt kites when i was a boy throught to some more modern deltas and power kites.
I have now just purchased my first, and i mean my first Rev. It is a used EXP and i am loving it.
If fact i am loving it so much i am now saving for a B-series ( i've only had the exp for a month).

You guys seeem to have a great friendly forum with loads of tips and hints (thats how i know i am getting a b-series).
So thank you all for help.

Also, does any of you know of any rev fliers in Peterborough?

Fly safe
Andy

Hello and welcome ....Peterborough ? don't know but there are quite a few Rev flyers over at Dunstable Downs ( Bedfordshire) most Sundays :)
GARY

Posted Image

#5 Sailor99

Sailor99

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 08:27 AM

Welcome to the forum and the dark side.

Dunstable would be good and they are a great bunch of flyers there, even Gary ;). There was another chap round here from Peterborough i think but I have not seen him for a while. I think Jinx (who is based several thousand miles away!) was in contact with him (jinx????). Bazzerb is in notingham a well.

Anyway advice is on draught here should you need a sup, although it is sometimes wrong and often contradictory! BTW has anyone mentioned setting your kite up leading edge down is a good idea?
Over - Jeremy

Posted Image

Knowledge: The small part of ignorance that we arrange and classify.

#6 Steve de Rooy

Steve de Rooy

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 08:44 AM

Welcome ..... to the Rev world...

and the rev forum... loads of great info here ...

#7 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 09:25 AM

Another poor innocent, doomed to a life of Rev olution.

Welcome.

#8 quaa714

quaa714

REVular poster

• Forum Member
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 09:43 AM

BTW has anyone mentioned setting your kite up leading edge down is a good idea?

Hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!! Nice Jeremy.......

"Cya in the Sand!....."

"Slack lines are fine lines!"

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows" BD
"One good thing about music, when it hits you feel no pain" BM
av-1950.jpg

#9 Jonesey

Jonesey

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 09:49 AM

BTW has anyone mentioned setting your kite up leading edge down is a good idea?

Andy welcome and Im sure us UK Rev flyers all look forward to meeting you before the summer is over (doesn't leave a lot of time!)

Oh and dont worry about Jeremy (Sailor99) he's just here to remind us all that nobody likes a smart arse :kid_devlish:

#10 Scott_of_melnsct

Scott_of_melnsct

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 09:50 AM

Another poor innocent, doomed to a life of Rev olution.

Welcome.

It's REVolting how these people get sucked in like this over and over and over and over and over and over
Scott A Koenig
Founding member: Tennessee Wind Militia
"We muster to fly at a moment's notice"

#11 LS Kite Stakes

LS Kite Stakes

Make it Custom!

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 10:12 AM

It's REVolting how these people get sucked in like this over and over and over and over and over and over

I personally blame John B with his solo and Team iQuad videos for my addiction to flying Revs...............but it is a good addiction..... B)
LS Custom Kite Accessories

Maker of the Original Marble Kite Stake
And Revolution Snagless Pro Handles
http://www.Kitestakes.com

Posted Image

#12 andychapp

andychapp
  • Forum Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 10:30 AM

Welcome to the forum and the dark side.

Dunstable would be good and they are a great bunch of flyers there, even Gary ;) . There was another chap round here from Peterborough i think but I have not seen him for a while. I think Jinx (who is based several thousand miles away!) was in contact with him (jinx????). Bazzerb is in notingham a well.

Anyway advice is on draught here should you need a sup, although it is sometimes wrong and often contradictory! BTW has anyone mentioned setting your kite up leading edge down is a good idea?

lol Yeah , i found that one out the wrong way. When it nearly took my ears off.
Like i said.
Fly safe.

#13 Wobbly

Wobbly

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 10:32 AM

Hi Andy, May 16th and 17th is the date of the Suffolk Kite Festival held at Rougham Airfield ( near Bury St Edmunds just off the A14 ) several Rev flyer's will be there as well as all the other kiter's more details can be found at www.skfc.co.uk it's a great weekend and a good opportunity to meet other flyer's.

#14 andychapp

andychapp
  • Forum Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 10:32 AM

I personally blame John B with his solo and Team iQuad videos for my addiction to flying Revs...............but it is a good addiction..... B)

I think you have just about got that right.

#15 Stone in Shoe Bob

Stone in Shoe Bob

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 11:50 AM

Hi Andy.

Welcome to the forum and welcome to the Darkside :big_starwars:

If as you say you come from Peterborough this would probably be a worthwhile trip for you.
http://www.skfc.co.uk/festival/
Iwill be there Sunday, have to work Saturday :(
(Woops! read the opening post, replied then read the rest of the thread.)
and another page to bookmark.
http://www.kitecalendar.co.uk/

Hello and welcome ....Peterborough ? don't know but there are quite a few Rev flyers over at Dunstable Downs ( Bedfordshire) most Sundays :)

Don't count on seeing Gary there any time soon, he tends to get better offers in the summer, only wants to know us lesser mortals in the winter.
Stone in Shoe Bob

It's Good to Share the Joy.

#16 Felix Mottram

Felix Mottram

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,860 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 11:58 AM

Hi Andy.

Welcome to the forum and welcome to the Darkside

Hi Andy,

Rougham could be good but I have not been before.

I think that there should be quite a few Rev fliers there!

Felix

#17 Stone in Shoe Bob

Stone in Shoe Bob

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 12:04 PM

Extract from another conversatin (by PM)

Rougham is a WW2 airfield beside the A14 (I think) it's in my sat nav, just outside Bury St Edmunds, huge and flat, typical East Anglian countryside. It can clearly be seen you from the main road especially of festival days, as there tends to quite a display of big inflatable SLKs, the festival field layout was changed a bit last year and I don't think it worked quite as well so who knows this year. There's a display arena, an SLK arena, a competition arena and an area for buggies and boarders and there's still plenty of space for Joe Public, though to be honest I tend not to fly too much, it's not my favorite festival but it does hold a very special place in my heart, it's the festival that marks the true beginning of the season for me, and I tend to look on it as a place to catch up with some old friends that I haven't seen all winter, I will be there Sunday, and it looks like a car load of mates and Kites.
Stone in Shoe Bob

It's Good to Share the Joy.

#18 play365

play365

The Flying Squad

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 12:07 PM

Extract from another conversatin (by PM)

Rougham is a WW2 airfield beside the A14 (I think) it's in my sat nav, just outside Bury St Edmunds, huge and flat, typical East Anglian countryside. It can clearly be seen you from the main road especially of festival days, as there tends to quite a display of big inflatable SLKs, the festival field layout was changed a bit last year and I don't think it worked quite as well so who knows this year. There's a display arena, an SLK arena, a competition arena and an area for buggies and boarders and there's still plenty of space for Joe Public, though to be honest I tend not to fly too much, it's not my favorite festival but it does hold a very special place in my heart, it's the festival that marks the true beginning of the season for me, and I tend to look on it as a place to catch up with some old friends that I haven't seen all winter, I will be there Sunday, and it looks like a car load of mates and Kites.

Taxi :)
GARY

Posted Image

#19 Jeepster

Jeepster

Curmudgeon

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 938 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 01:11 PM

... I have a mrs Andy and 2 little child size Andy's. ...

Oh Andy, that's so sad. No not that you have a missus and the kids, but that fact that you are threatening their futures with flying Revs. Don't you know that most Brits catch the kite flying virus so bad that they end up with bag after bag filled with poly and carbon fiber and other stuff they "just have to have." There's got to be something in the gene pool that causes this weakness in their ability to say simply back away from the kite attraction. Ask Big Bri how many kites he has ... he doesn't buy just a single kite, he buys a handful of them at a time. And Jonesey, and Sailor, and on, and on, and on ...

So, please protect the future of your little ones and carefully back away ... well, after posting the kite you've already got to my home address, you can back away.

Cheers,
Tom

PS ... welcome to the Rev forum ...

#20 andychapp

andychapp
  • Forum Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 10:08 PM

Thany you alll for a warm welcome.

Tom,
With flying for many years i think Mrs Andy has just about got used to "I just need xxxx" or " Hey look at that, That would be really good for (enter kite related use for something)" :) .
However my kite bags are banished to the shed and Mrs Andy is really surprised that everything only costs 50.

Have a nice weekend as i am off to the coast for a few days soon.
Andy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users