5 replies to this topic

#1 Scott A.

Scott A.

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 09:57 AM

I Thought this post on another forum might be of interest to some, Take it for what it's worth, but the folks down in the Richmond VA area are great host and have had the largest # of Competitors at their festival on the whole east coast for the last few years.

Marc Conklin, Eastern League, commissioner, WRITES

""""Hello all,

I'm happy to announce the ODSKC web site has been updated with the latest information for ODSKC 2009 and the registration form. As in ODSKC's past, you can use our online form to register for the event, you can even pay your registration fees securely online using a paypal account or any major credit card. There's a $15 discount for registering before June 1, 2009, so don't wait!

ODSKC 2009 will occur on June 20-21, 2009 at Dorey Park in Richmond, VA. This is the 17th ODSKC, and we're very proud to have Maggie Engvall back as our Chief Judge. I'm also proud to announce that for this year's ODSKC we will offer Novice Multi-line Precision and Ballet events for multi-line beginners! As always, first-time competitors compete at ODSKC for free, so if you've thought about competing, but were hesitant to "pull the trigger", now's your chance! Note: Novice multi-line is not yet an Eastern League or AKA sanctioned discipline, so you won't accumulate any points toward national competition by competing in NMP or NMB. Novice multi-line will be a sanctioned Eastern League discipline for the 2009-2010 season.

Anyone wishing to compete in ODSKC 2009 MUST register no later than June 13, 2009. The only exception to this rule will be for novice competitors, who can register right up to Saturday morning of the event. We've found that mandatory pre-registration is key to running an on-time, smooth-flowing event. So again, don't wait until the last minute, register today!

ODSKC web site: [url="http://www.richmondairforce.com/ODSKC/""""""""]http://www.richmondairforce.com/ODSKC/&...ot;""[/url] ;)
Scott Weider
Team REV RIDERS

#2 REVflyer

REVflyer

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 09:17 AM

I love this event at Dory Park, it's my kind of flying conditions usually!

They'll post a judge in each corner, brief moments later the fliers will be there. (No point in running around after them!)

I've seen pairs flyers go to opposite corners and then land in the middle as an ending. The ever popular 360 is a mainstay of the competitions also.

You'll never have a "warmer welcome" than you receive from the Richmond Air Force gang.

#3 Litsong

Litsong

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 08:16 AM

I love this event at Dory Park, it's my kind of flying conditions usually!

They'll post a judge in each corner, brief moments later the fliers will be there. (No point in running around after them!)

I've seen pairs flyers go to opposite corners and then land in the middle as an ending. The ever popular 360 is a mainstay of the competitions also.

You'll never have a "warmer welcome" than you receive from the Richmond Air Force gang.

what impressed me the most (after driving 500 miles ) was that they made ice cream on the field!
love, as if you have never been hurt before.....

#4 Scott A.

Scott A.

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 08:20 AM

what impressed me the most (after driving 500 miles ) was that they made ice cream on the field!

Litsong, Wen
Will you be driving 500 miles agin this year?
Scott Weider
Team REV RIDERS

#5 REVflyer

REVflyer

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 10:22 AM

Are you coming down to ODSKC personally this year Scottie? Give me a phone call and maybe I can "help out" with a place to crash or transportation, at least from DC to Richmond anyway.

#6 Litsong

Litsong

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 04:16 PM

Litsong, Wen
Will you be driving 500 miles agin this year?

Scott:
i have no plan for the summer yet.
too busy now but today i need to decide on the ticket before the price goes up tomorrow.

Wen really wants to go to USA, other people all shake their head... the flue.

if we go, maybe June 10 to USA.
what event?
no idea yet.
want to know if Newport is on your calendar.
what else?

was just thinking about you these days...
hugs and smiles
love, as if you have never been hurt before.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users