59 replies to this topic

#41 monkey

monkey

Rev Guru

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 08:54 PM

Wow, theres like 6 of you sitting here hitting refresh eh?

Thats cool. Ben is standing behind me now and....

the weiner winner is....

ANTHONY! The Antman!

(sorry ben doesnt have the last name here with him)

I said to Ben earlier that there was a good handful of people who I felt would be over the moon with winning this, and Anthony was certainly in that group, as were you, Stryker2

The total amount of entries was astounding, 1140 people sent Ben birthday cards and some people did exceptional work with some great originality.

Thank you to everyone, from Ben and Revolution Kites!

Me? I need another margarita to drown my sorrows in not winning myself, styker, i'm buying, lets go!

Oh, and Anthony? You have to let us all fly it, k?
David Hathaway, Revisionist
-~ REVisions
-~ www.simian-studios.ca
-~ www.teamiquad.com
Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis!

#42 stryker2

stryker2

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 08:55 PM

Seriously I'm going to take a half hours break and come back. I just can't take the tention any more. I will be back.
Good Luck

#43 Grandpa

Grandpa
  • Forum Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 08:56 PM

I ordered a "Trunk Monkey Equiped" sticker for my car... see who's paying attention.

#44 Grandpa

Grandpa
  • Forum Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 08:58 PM

Congrats to ya Antman B)

#45 RAWVEEDA

RAWVEEDA

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 09:01 PM

ANTMAN gets Handles & the Kite.

Way to go!!! Congratulations!!!

I'll be looking to the sky at the Wildwood International Kite Fest this year! :D :) :) :)
Posted Image

#46 stryker2

stryker2

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 09:02 PM

Congrats antman, you lucky man. :)
At least I tried.
Thank you Ben your giving us all this wonderful opportunity. and again HAPPY BIRTHDAY.

Lets go drown our sorrows Dave :(

#47 monkey

monkey

Rev Guru

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 09:19 PM

Lets go drown our sorrows Dave :(

Ya, i'm buying and I'll bring some crying towels too.

Thankfully, and luckily for Antman, the kite is not here at kiteparty, so, all of iQuad won't get a chance to beat it up before it gets shipped to anthony.

:P
David Hathaway, Revisionist
-~ REVisions
-~ www.simian-studios.ca
-~ www.teamiquad.com
Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis!

#48 stryker2

stryker2

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 05:47 AM

Well I finally managed to get some sleep after a verrrrry long day of waiting for the news.
May I say once again "CONGRATS ant, you are a very, very lucky man indeed." I know you have the same passion for kiting as I do, so it could not have gone to a more deserving person. (besides myself perhaps ;-)

All is not lost for me however, as I have my ordered custom rainbow SUL comming in on Monday, which I have been waiting 6 to 8 weeks for as well as Ben was very kind to offer me a set of custom handles "to try out" . since I only have one set of handles, the custom ones will come in handly. They would have so gone great with the stunning masterpiece series :)

I have a lot to be grateful for. 1st.ly, I'm alive (I didn't expect to make 45) I have a new found passion (kiting) kiting has helped me immensly with my health and disability for which I am very grateful. Kiting has had a bigger influence in my life in the past 7 months, than any other activity I have ever participated in.

My only regret is that I didn't discover kiting sooner.
That been said, I am a little dissapointed to report that after months of looking for people to fly with, I am still flying by myself.
I have a number of ads running in local publications, but do you think I can find even one person interested to give it a try?
I have tried changing my ads, using catch phrases, but to no avail.
Here is a link to just 2 of the approx 7 ads I have out there:

http://toronto.kijij...67-3ea7ffff62d3
http://toronto.kijij...63-9f83ffffd896

Am I doing something wrong??
Or am the only nutcase interested in kites here in Toronto?

I have had no response and/or support from TKF (they seem to shut down in winter?) although Normofthenorth is the only person here, who has contacted m to go flying in "nose bleed" country.(far out of town)

Dissapointed but not discouraged, my intention is to introduce new people to this great sport this summer.
If I can influence just one person to get passionate about kiting as I am, I will be satisfied. :)

#49 Mike

Mike

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 06:16 AM

stryker,
I know it doesn't solve your problem, but try to make the Grand Haven, Michigan kite festival this spring.
Look here.

There will be a bunch of quad-heads flying there and it would be a blast to fly with you.
-Mike Kory
Mike Kory:
Posted Image and Posted Image

#50 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 02:33 PM

Found it at last. Been looking for this thread all day. Shows how daft I am unfortunatly, and that was after Monkey left me a clue on the other thread.

Well don Ant, there had to be a winner and if it wasnt me it is good that it went to someone who is very "active" on the forums and in quad flying.

Shame you didnt get it Stryker, not for the want of trying of course, been good waiting with you. No plans to go to Canada but will certainly look you up if I do.

Thank you Ben, for giving us all a bit of fun. It was very generous of you. If you have followed the threads on the forums it should have been entertaining for you. Hope you had a fantastic birthday. You probably needed to spend most of it finding somwhere to put all the cards. hope you wore my badge!!

#51 antman

antman

king of wildwood

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 06:37 PM

ill let ben know anything he needs to know heres a hint i sent me the handles that i love so much and we flew together in wildwood nj as we will this year so man BIG HUGS TO REVOLUTION SO TIGHT PLEASE PULL ME OFF OF YOU LOL and monkey you guys are welcome to fly it just hide the marks :lol: and as a big suppoeter of i quad if you come to wildwood i will happly hand over the handles to the best fliers in the world
GOD PUT ME HERE. TO ENJOY THE WINDS

#52 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 10:49 AM

You lucky so and so Ant. Bet you are looking forward to using the bling handles on the bling kite. I like those horses.

I am GREEN with envy.

You HAVE to post a picture as soon as you can OK?

Could have gone to a better bloke, seeing as it didnt come my way then I am happy it went to you.

REgards, Chris.

#53 antman

antman

king of wildwood

• Forum Member
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 02:18 PM

i most certianly will but ill have to do it in the kite life forum because it has enought file space for my pic there as soon as i get it the pics will be out but i must have my alone time at my underground spot where all my new kites get christened :lol:

#54 beach

beach

Rev Staff

• Forum Host
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 09:21 AM

This post is to all of you out there who took the time to wish me a Happy Birthday and to give something of myself on a personal level, when I started this I had no idea how it would turn out and to tell you I was surprised is an understatement. Your cards and letters each day brought me closer to all of you and showed me that what I do matters and that all of you were interested in whats going on in my world. This became for me at least about more than a kite, it became about a family of men and women who shared an interest and that interest was about kitting be it daul line, single line, or quad line, and it brought all of us closer together thru that interest. What we've done here is unite a family of fliers be it in the UK, or New Zealand, or Japan, or the good old USA we are united under the banner of Revolution Kites and we came together and stepped up to show that we listen and care about each other and for this I wish to thank each and every one of you for your show of support and to tell you in my book your all winners in a big way.
As for the winner of this kite well Antman you've got to be the luckiest guy on my birthday cause you've won yourself one heck of a kite, so enjoy my friend and yes we will fly the Wildwoods together side by side as the rest of the family watchs on cause its about fliers and this thing we all enjoy so much called kitting.
Thank You All It was The Best Birhtday Ever
Ben Dantonio

#55 antman

antman

king of wildwood

• Forum Member
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 01:18 PM

ben you and all the rev fliers are and always will be family to me and i thank YOU LOLLY JOE AND DAVE for the kite i cant wait to get it and o will have photos to post up here as soon as i get it and ill have some of me flying in hatreas beach nc so to the rev family once again :wub: BIG LOVE AND THANKS FROM THE LAURIELLO FAMILY :wub: its also an honer to own a kite built and crafted by the great JOSE SAINTZ

#56 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 02:24 PM

Dont forget you will only have a Q of 1139 waiting to try it out with you.

#57 antman

antman

king of wildwood

• Forum Member
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 03:21 PM

well since we are all family here all are allowed to try it out as i was raised family comes first im still wondering what color im getting if i had a choise i would take the red white blue pattern but hey all are smashingly beauitiful kites so anyone i get will be just fine :lol:

#58 stryker2

stryker2

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 06:00 AM

They are all beautiful ant :)
Personally I would wait for the surprise! ;)

#59 antman

antman

king of wildwood

• Forum Member
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 08:22 AM

well striker i would have but ben revealed it by photo its my top color choise that i liked the best when i looked at the main page

#60 stryker2

stryker2

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 11:23 PM

Thanks again Ben, for such a generous gesture to us all and the very appreciative gift.
And congratulations once again to a very well deserved, antman :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users