26 replies to this topic

#21 Scott A.

Scott A.

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 11:01 AM

First, People need to see and study, then we take inventory of who can OWN thy hover then we try.
Choccy, The dare is taken. and it might be a while before we get the #'s of competent flyers.
I know there were 3 or 4 REAL teams in that image so. I'm realistic, but we have to start somewhere.
I have some paperwork from Felix on the Grid pattern, and I will introduce this to the flyers that want to join in.
I have done this with local flyers right here in little Rhode Island on a smaller scale so I am very optimistic we can educate and grow this.
The Forum, your pic's and all the video from you flyers across the pond is very inspiring to me.
"Iquad" has lit a fire here in the US and we have the most inspired group of REV flyers I've ever seen, so nationwide, It's a REVOLUTION.
Scott Weider
Team REV RIDERS

#22 Scott A.

Scott A.

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 11:04 AM

If only Rich was good enough he could!

Rich is good enough,
AND I DARE any others to be good enough to try.
Sammy, Your coming to the WOOD ,right?
I will put you inverted on the inside Ball, You Ready? ;)
Scott Weider
Team REV RIDERS

#23 Felix Mottram

Felix Mottram

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,857 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 11:06 AM

I dare you to try it

10 x 10 gives 5 concentric circles...

As was demonstrated at Berck it is possible to get the fliers quite close together in the sky!

Felix

#24 Scott A.

Scott A.

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 11:13 AM

10 x 10 gives 5 concentric circles...

As was demonstrated at Berck it is possible to get the fliers quite close together in the sky!

Felix

Felix, we will try it small, JB won't be there to call so. little steps and we'll start crawling.
I wish I had the pleasure of participating last year at Portsmouth, (Where the wind allowed most to join in comfortably)
My wish is to at least get 10 to 15 fliers introduced to the pattern on the ground then we can work on the formation. an introduction, then we can watch the skill level progress. :blink: I HOPE
Scott Weider
Team REV RIDERS

#25 sammy

sammy

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 11:20 AM

Rich is good enough,
AND I DARE any others to be good enough to try.
Sammy, Your coming to the WOOD ,right?
I will put you inverted on the inside Ball, You Ready? ;)

hey Scotty
Hows it going ? rich is the man, he touch me most the stuff i know (laura the other stuff lol). and yes i will be at wild wood on sunday and monday cant wait . its been awhile since i saw you last.
You can put me where ever you want, however i would rather be selling falafal on the cornor. :lol:
RABBI שמואל aka SAMMY

TEAM REV RIDERS! LETS RIDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

#26 Felix Mottram

Felix Mottram

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,857 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 11:28 AM

Felix, we will try it small, JB won't be there to call so. little steps and we'll start crawling.
I wish I had the pleasure of participating last year at Portsmouth, (Where the wind allowed most to join in comfortably)
My wish is to at least get 10 to 15 fliers introduced to the pattern on the ground then we can work on the formation. an introduction, then we can watch the skill level progress. :blink: I HOPE

Scott,

My comment was not addressed to you directly. I appreciate that every effort counts and that one has to start from a realistic level. 12 is good. 16 is better. 9 will address the concept on the ground.

Stephen has found that fliers tend to wander away and then complain that they cannot hear the calls.

Simple moves are great to start with...

Best wishes

Felix

#27 Scott A.

Scott A.

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 11:42 AM

hey Scotty
Hows it going ? rich is the man, he touch me most the stuff i know (laura the other stuff lol). and yes i will be at wild wood on sunday and monday cant wait . its been awhile since i saw you last.
You can put me where ever you want, however i would rather be selling falafal on the cornor. :lol:

Sammy,
I'm just calling you out, and looking forward to flying with ALL.
Felix sent me a PDF of the grid pattern so I'm looking forward to trying it with anyone willing to do it. It can only serve as a learning experience. The pics and vids from Berck, have juiced me up.
Iquad will not be there, so we need to pick it up, and make the USA proud it is WILDWOOD after all.
I should start a new thread and see who wants in on the that will be attending the WOOD! B)
Scott Weider
Team REV RIDERS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users