stacking speed series

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 REVit

REVit
  • Forum Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 02:04 PM

Anybody have a good idea on stacking the speed series...??for example shockwave 1st then blast 2nd & last kite=superblast......

#2 beach

beach

Rev Staff

• Forum Host
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,855 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 06:47 PM

Anybody have a good idea on stacking the speed series...??for example shockwave 1st then blast 2nd & last kite=superblast......

This is Ben and as far as I know this is the first time I've heard of this combo and I would start at 4 ft and go from there...Ben

#3 REVit

REVit
  • Forum Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 11:23 AM

This is Ben and as far as I know this is the first time I've heard of this combo and I would start at 4 ft and go from there...Ben

Thanks Ben, I tried it today, But its not flying right with all 7 train lines...i even made susome ore all 7 lines are all the same exact lengh,, i also had a chance to make (pigtail) on all the caps.. for tuning later on ,,But its jus not there????!! i know its not me...its got to be the way they are hooked up to one another... i'll get it some how ...maybe with someone out that is doing this already........TANKZ again>>> Ben

#4 FortFlyer

FortFlyer

Jimi Quadsticks

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 10:33 PM

Thanks Ben, I tried it today, But its not flying right with all 7 train lines...i even made susome ore all 7 lines are all the same exact lengh,, i also had a chance to make (pigtail) on all the caps.. for tuning later on ,,But its jus not there????!! i know its not me...its got to be the way they are hooked up to one another... i'll get it some how ...maybe with someone out that is doing this already........TANKZ again>>> Ben

I've stacked a Vented Sonic, Reg Sonic and a Shockwave and it flies pretty well, I used 4.5' stack lines I noticed you used 7 I used 11 don't forget you have 2 extra down spars on the speed series and where the 2 come to 1 for a bridle point that could be why your not having luck with 7.

I haven't tried with the Blast or Power Blast 2-4 yet as even the regular speed series produces ALLOT of pull when they power up "which they do easily" when stacked.

Good Luck, let me know how you make out.
Jim,
Ft. Taber Park & Brenton Point

Rev's are like a carbon framed out-of-body experience

Posted Image

#5 cbabbman

cbabbman
  • Forum Member
  • 42 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 03:54 AM

Don't forget that when stacking dis-similar sized kites that it's not the length of the lines that must be the same, rather, it's the distance between the kites at all points that must match. The actual lines will end up being different depending on where it is connected

Found this out the hard way when building my progressive stack. Don't know why I didn't think of it before putting it all together...

I started with same length stack lines. I used long pigtails and connected everything up. I then measured everything with a tape measure and made sure that the distance was the same at all points between the kites. If I needed to shorten something up, I'd tie a knot in the pigtail at the right point and reconnect the stack line.

Once I got everything dialed in, things were OK but that first, unadjusted flight was brutal.
Posted Image

#6 awindofchange

awindofchange

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 12:28 PM

Here is a simple diagram that I put together to show what Cbabbman is talking about.

Hope this helps explain a bit on the Progressive Stacks.

Attached Thumbnails

• progressive_stack_info.gif

#7 FortFlyer

FortFlyer

Jimi Quadsticks

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 12:45 PM

Here is a simple diagram that I put together to show what Cbabbman is talking about.

Hope this helps explain a bit on the Progressive Stacks.

Thats pretty interesting and does make sense. I used all 4.5' lines and they seemed to work well then again I cant see the lines in flight while controlling the kites.

Going to have to experiment with that.
Jim,
Ft. Taber Park & Brenton Point

Rev's are like a carbon framed out-of-body experience

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users