• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 chewbaka

chewbaka
  • Forum Member
  • 34 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 12:49 PM

i do not use bunjees at the LE anymore!
the caps are fixed with bridle-line on my kites.

have a look:
Posted Image

the caps are tied downwards as much as possible = no snag!

this ist practised by team4fun since years, works fine.

#42 SkyPuppet

SkyPuppet

Reveller

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 12:13 PM

I've been flying a couple of hours a day, everyday, since May. When I'm done I may lay by the bay and eat some hay ;)

Anyway....

Tightened up the shock cord a bit at the vert tips at the bottom of my full-sail B. The tops are very tight already.
Had quite a bit of wrinkles previously. Cut about an inch of shock cord from each side, now the sail is quite a bit smoother on the verts. I think I cut away about a 1/4" too much on each side, because the sail seems a little too smooth on the verts, but I'll get it right next time. Since I'm right-handed, the original right side shock cord seemed to be a little more stretched than the left side.

Conditions today were comparable to yesterday. I definitely had an easier time flying in low wind today. I can't remember if this is how the sail "felt" when I first started flying or not, as this was my first Rev kite ever, but there is an improvement in "attitude" today. Although a standard B, today it flew horizontal reverse better, tracking a bit straighter. Axels today were much improved, with faster revolutions than I've ever pulled before!
I felt upright lateral slides were a little more difficult today compared to yesterday. I had to adjust my hand positioning a little, and still couldn't pull it as far across the window as yesterday. This could be due to my skill level though, as I often have a difficult time with the upright lateral slide in low wind.

Overall, my B seems a little more nimble today.
As usual, taking the advice posted in a topic is helping to improve my experience ;)

Have Rev, Will Travel

My YouTube Channel - Thanks for watching smile.png

#43 REVflyer

REVflyer

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 05:48 AM

just a caution my friend,
most folks tighten the bottoms but don't "adjust" the top bungies. The problem with this path is that the down spars may now protrude above the leading edge and become a potential snag point for your flying lines. Make certain your bottom only adjustments don't negatively impact your kite.

#44 pond44

pond44
  • Forum Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 06:49 PM

So now (Aug 2013), all the wrinkles are gone and everyone is happy. ani_punk.gif

"The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas".ani_idea.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users