41 replies to this topic

#1 monkey

monkey

Rev Guru

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 06:33 AM

After many long, often ponderous and frequently dangerous meetings, the brain trust that makes up iQuad (shaddap, its not that small!) has come to a decision.

No longer content with the antics and flying abilities of Revolution Kites, we have made a decision to follow a new path, a more solemn, respectful path that will celebrate the long history of kites around the world.

We may even change the name to reflect the new road we are upon, however, for now, we'll stick with iQuad. We will be unveiling a new set of kites this weekend in Louisiana that will more properly present our new style and commitment to quality entertainment and fun for the whole family. It's with a proud heart and a clear mind that I unveil the design of these new kites, meticulously sewn by Bazzer himself, from an all new design that occurred to him on a recent trip down the stairs across the pond. We'll be proud to show these off this weekend and in fact, I think we may be able to have a small clinic as well, so as to instruct all of you in the finer points of handling these magnificent kites. It is likely a few other things will change over the course of the next few festivals. We've talked about shifting our entire music dynamic over to Disney show tunes and gone are the days of tequila in the evenings, we've signed a new sponsorship deal with Tetleys (thanks for your help with this Sailor99!) for a never ending stream of tea. In fact, they will be supplying some of those camelback knapsacks so that we can swill at will. Finally, as alluded to in the new REVisions column in Kitelife's new issue, John and I are committed to a new fitness within the ranks of the team. All festivals will now feature a 5-10 mile "Run with iQuad" segment. We will rotate the leader on this part of the day, starting with Bazzer in Louisiana. Feel free to come and join us on our morning workout, we'll all be a healthy, happier family. Singalongs are encouraged, I'll be revisiting a favorite ditty of mine, called "Kumbaya"

iquadsled.jpg

See you soon, once we get our new iSled jackets finished, we'll unveil those here as well and thanks again for all your support, we look forward to some new team sledding opportunities at a kite festival near you soon! :single:
David Hathaway, Revisionist
-~ REVisions
-~ www.simian-studios.ca
-~ www.teamiquad.com
Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis!

#2 Jonesey

Jonesey

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 06:41 AM

Cool ....Can I order an iSled from Revolution or direct from Bazzer?

Am clearing my rev bag and will put all 15 Revs on Ebay if anyone's interested

Mr J

p.s. I assume Bazzer will be modelling an iQuad sports bra to lead the running?

#3 monkey

monkey

Rev Guru

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 06:44 AM

Cool ....Can I order an iSled from Revolution or direct from Bazzer?

Am clearing my rev bag and will put all 15 Revs on Ebay if anyone's interested

Mr J

p.s. I assume Bazzer will be modelling an iQuad sports bra to lead the running?

Out with the old and in with the new.

yes in fact, I shall make sure to capture a picture of Bazzer in the new iMoob sports bra this weekend, thanks for the reminder!
-~ REVisions
-~ www.simian-studios.ca
-~ www.teamiquad.com

#4 Bazzer

Bazzer

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 07:08 AM

Out with the old and in with the new.

yes in fact, I shall make sure to capture a picture of Bazzer in the new iMoob sports bra this weekend, thanks for the reminder!

I was thinking more along the lines of the Green Goddess outfit from the UK's early breakfast TV days.
Or maybe Charles "I'll have a Babycham!" Augins
"I'll have a Tequila" (Sorry Americans you'll have to Utube up the reference)

I'll have to borrow the green unitard from you Monks. Can you vacuum out the hair first.
I think I will need a new camel back....no matter how much water or Tea I put in it it still tastes of Tequila! Go figure?

The iSleds will soon be available from China.
This process would of been quicker of course if we had added the word REVOLUTION on the sail.
Then in practically minutes they would of been on line.
I have managed to make the sled fly inverted and also do tight spins.
Clock work has eluded me thus far although ( after much imbibing of the TEA in my camel back) I have manged to fly two at once...sometimes five. Eat your heart out STVD.

Once you have all purchased your iQuad sleds from China can we all get together and fly them in a grid.
This weekends Fun Run on the beach will be in aid of the medical bills to follow. Please give generously.
Bazzer

Eat ...make Revs ....sleep......repeat!
Maker and designer of B Pro, Zen, XTRA VNT and Masterpiece kites.
Are you "Glued To The Blue"
I am.
Come visit me
www.gluedtotheblue.comgallery_170_47_48984.gifgallery_170_47_18974.gifgallery_170_47_3948.gif
http://www.teamiquad.com

#5 Sailor99

Sailor99

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 07:23 AM

I was thinking more along the lines of the Green Goddess outfit from the UK's early breakfast TV days.

Mmmm. Nice, very nice. I never knew you could look so sultry Bazzer.

The iSleds will soon be available from China.
This process would of been quicker of course if we had added the word REVOLUTION on the sail.

Jonesey and I just had a conference call with our factory in Shagdong. They have told us that your order is all ready now, but there has been an awful manufacturing error - the kites do in fact have "Revulsion" written on the sail and they appear to have 4 lines rather than the normal one line you get with an iSled. So we have decided to bung this lot on e-bay at twenty bucks each and remake your sleds. (that's the type of hard assed decision making we mega rich kite tycoons are good at you know). We really are very sorry for this cock up on the sled front.

What I really want to know is how did Monkey know that I used to work for Tetley.
Over - Jeremy

Posted Image

Knowledge: The small part of ignorance that we arrange and classify.

#6 Bazzer

Bazzer

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 07:25 AM

Mmmm. Nice, very nice. I never knew you could look so sultry Bazzer.

Jonesey and I just had a conference call with our factory in Shagdong. They have told us that your order is all ready now, but there has been an awful manufacturing error - the kites do in fact have "Revulsion" written on the sail and they appear to have 4 lines rather than the normal one line you get with an iSled. So we have decided to bung this lot on e-bay at twenty bucks each and remake your sleds. We really are very sorry for this.

What I really want to know is how did Monkey know that I used to work for Tetley.

It was the Tea stains on your cowboy boots

Eat ...make Revs ....sleep......repeat!
Maker and designer of B Pro, Zen, XTRA VNT and Masterpiece kites.
Are you "Glued To The Blue"
I am.
Come visit me
www.gluedtotheblue.comgallery_170_47_48984.gifgallery_170_47_18974.gifgallery_170_47_3948.gif
http://www.teamiquad.com

#7 Jonesey

Jonesey

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 07:29 AM

I forgot you'd sent a picture along from your fitting, I'll share with the rest of us, however, let me say right now, dude, you look FEROCIOUS! *rawr* :cat_censored:

We'll turn the kiteworld upside down in no time!

Haven't you got a funny picture of him dressed up in something other then his normal clothes anywhere??

#8 Sailor99

Sailor99

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 07:30 AM

Bazzer mate! If you attached lines to that over-shoulder boulder holder you could do KAP with it! I don't think its a case of turning the kite world upside down, more likely you'll smoother them with those. . ;)
Over - Jeremy

Posted Image

Knowledge: The small part of ignorance that we arrange and classify.

#9 Jonesey

Jonesey

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 07:43 AM

I think you guys should lay off Bazzer .... I think his winter fitness regime is a small step in the right direction...

Attached Thumbnails

• bazzerbond.jpg

#10 melnsct

melnsct

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 08:09 AM

I've already ordered my sled. Laura's is on the way too.
The rumor is that Takako is demanding equal women on the team.
Melanie in Tennessee

#11 Kite Krusader

Kite Krusader

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 08:32 AM

I'll have to borrow the green unitard from you Monks. Can you vacuum out the hair first.
Bazzer

Here is a green suit for you, just lay down in the kite field, and the people will walk all over you.
Beware of where flyers may want to put there kite stake though. :blink:
Posted Image

"Living Grass Suit" is a suit completely covered in more than 20 pounds of living grass, the result is always the same - delighted faces and big smiles!
Your friendly neighborhood kite flyer.

Posted Image Posted Image

#12 Jonesey

Jonesey

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 08:37 AM

Bazzer mate! If you attached lines to that over-shoulder boulder holder you could do KAP with it! I don't think its a case of turning the kite world upside down, more likely you'll smoother them with those. . ;)

Jeremy ... I think you are the last person to cast stones..... I remember the first time we got to fly with iQuad and it still amazes me that you weren't prepared to compromise your image....

Attached Thumbnails

• iQuadHampshire.jpg

#13 Jynx

Jynx

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts
  • Location:West Allis (Milwaukee) WI ...and... New Smyrna Beach FL winters

Posted 01 April 2009 - 08:44 AM

Hey Gals!

Definitely, Count me in!

I've got some ideas for our "Sled Ladies Ultra Team" (aka SLUT) attire!

New_kite_wear.jpg

I feel it shows our historical "Dark-Side" past, and believe this chic team wear would certainly define our stylish edge, while remaining elegant, yet practical!

"When the power of love becomes more important than the love of power,

then there will be peace"

Jimi Hendrix

Posted Image

#14 Jonesey

Jonesey

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 08:55 AM

Hey Gals!

Definitely, Count me in!

New_kite_wear.jpg

I feel it shows our historical "Dark-Side" past, and believe this chic team wear would certainly define our stylish edge, while remaining elegant, yet practical!

Well anytime you girls need a 'hand' ..... I'm available ;)

#15 Jeepster

Jeepster

Curmudgeon

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 09:00 AM

Jeremy ... I think you are the last person to cast stones..... I remember the first time we got to fly with iQuad and it still amazes me that you weren't prepared to compromise your image....

Jonesy,

Well, that adds a whole new image to the "hello sailor" handle!!! And, wearing Bazzer's color ... must have wanted to honor a fellow Brit.

Cheers,
Tom

#16 Jonesey

Jonesey

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 09:04 AM

Jonesy,

Well, that adds a whole new image to the "hello sailor" handle!!! And, wearing Bazzer's color ... must have wanted to honor a fellow Brit.

Cheers,
Tom

He has them in all colours except pink ... evidently all stock of those was delivered to a Mr. A N T Man, Somewhere on the East Coast, USA ??

#17 monkey

monkey

Rev Guru

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 09:11 AM

Well anytime you girls need a 'hand' ..... I'm available ;)

Thanks for the support! :D
-~ REVisions
-~ www.simian-studios.ca
-~ www.teamiquad.com

#18 melnsct

melnsct

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 09:18 AM

Hey Gals!

Definitely, Count me in!

New_kite_wear.jpg

Jinx, I would appreciate it if you would ask first before posting that picture of me in our new team uniform. At least you haven't "revealed" the bottoms yet.
Melanie in Tennessee

#19 AldenMiler

AldenMiler

Johhny B Wannabe

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 09:20 AM

Thanks for the support! :D

Monks, I think that is supposed to be Jynx's response! :devil:

-Alden
"Don't go in there!" RC

#20 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,380 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 09:22 AM

Hey guys, don't forget on one side of the Atlantic they are a bit more prudish and this is a forum for all ages.

Long John (formerly Mr. R)

STACK International Executive Committee - 6/1996-6/2008
International Rules Book Committee and STACK International Head Judge - 6/2004-6/2008
World Sport Kite Championship Judge - 2004-2005-2006(Chief Judge)
13x 1st - 12x 2nd - 6x 3rd places in 37 overall Quadline individual competitions

Web Site - http://www.johnnmitchell.com/index.html Check it out today!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users