Photo

Silver Bullets rods

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#41 Love2fly

Love2fly

All Revved up... where do you want to fly?

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 07:55 PM

Hello DARLING,,, :) .We are all well.Hope your looking after Rich.I bet you have.Give Brad a kiss for his Birthday from me please
I to like the mix of race and 3 wrap.Also messed a little with a four wrap center and race outers.Which i also liked.

Had team session a few weeks ago now.With full four wrap and a full Race frame in the Leading edge.The winds wher wild for a few hours.It was like trying to stop a train in a dive stop.My thumbs ached for a few days after.Snapped a line in flight also.
Once i removed the 4 wrap and the wind dropped.The Race Frame was so nice and easy to appreciate.Quality.
The Silver Bullets are nice and a good alternative to have.

Have a great weekend

BRIAN...

Hi Brian-
Do I have to give Brad a kiss? Just kidding, I will... Rich and the entire crew are doing well. Most, if not all, will be in Wildwood this weekend. Some day, it would be a blast to fly with you there.
Have a great weekend, too.
xoxo
Laura

*** Any day flying is a good day; have a great one! 
**** REVS: Fly it, you'll like it!
***** L.S.P. ... It's worth the trip!

Posted Image

#42 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 12:59 PM

Hi Brian-
Do I have to give Brad a kiss? Just kidding, I will... Rich and the entire crew are doing well. Most, if not all, will be in Wildwood this weekend. Some day, it would be a blast to fly with you there.
Have a great weekend, too.
xoxo

LOL,if Brad shaves hes a bit of a looker i reckon.
Have a great weekend at Wildwood.Hope to tick the box and fly ther one day.

Luv ya
BRIAN... :)

#43 quaa714

quaa714

REVular poster

• Forum Member
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 03:52 AM

Okay............So I had gotten a set of Silver Bullets with my Lester back in May. Until yesterday they had sat in a bag unused as I'd just thrown a set of Race Rods in and used what was comfortable.
Regrets.....I have a few.......seriously though, the wind at NJSKC was all over the place this weekend and frustrated many with constantly changing 180 degree shifts from near zero to 15 plus.
We had the vents set up and I pulled out the 3 wrap set in there, put in race down spars and the Silver Bullet leading edge. Mentioned it to Scotty W who did the same and then we waited......................all day long!!!!!!!!!!! We finally put them up around 4:30 - 5PM.

I was blown away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you love your Race Rods in your vented then you MUST MUST MUST try a SB leading edge. The sail loads up really nicely without all that flex the RR center adds in. The kite tracks SOOOOOOO nice and turns effortlessly.

When I mentioned it to Ben, who'd been watching from the sidelines, he just knowingly grinned!!!! You all know that BEN......."I told you so grin!!!!!" :devil: :devil: :devil:

If you are in the market for a set of Race Rods or are adding a second full set, you really ought to consider getting a Silver Bullet LE and some race down spars instead. The differences may seem subtle.....and they are.......but WOW, it really does grow on you.

May have to buy a set for my vented eyes. Seems that kite might really benefit from that change!!!!!!!!!

******This is not a paid endorsement*********(right Ben? B) )
ADDED EDIT>>>>>>(for those who don't see it for what it is........the endorsement part is humor!!!!!!)

Edited by quaa714, 20 July 2009 - 04:08 AM.

"Cya in the Sand!....."

"Slack lines are fine lines!"

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows" BD
"One good thing about music, when it hits you feel no pain" BM
av-1950.jpg

#44 bartman

bartman

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 04:32 AM

My questionn is, would someone like me, very un-skilled and rough, see any benefit with these rods?

Bart

#45 FortFlyer

FortFlyer

Jimi Quadsticks

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 08:27 AM

I was blown away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you love your Race Rods in your vented then you MUST MUST MUST try a SB leading edge. The sail loads up really nicely without all that flex the RR center adds in. The kite tracks SOOOOOOO nice and turns effortlessly.

When I mentioned it to Ben, who'd been watching from the sidelines, he just knowingly grinned!!!! You all know that BEN......."I told you so grin!!!!!" :devil: :devil: :devil:

If you are in the market for a set of Race Rods or are adding a second full set, you really ought to consider getting a Silver Bullet LE and some race down spars instead. The differences may seem subtle.....and they are.......but WOW, it really does grow on you.

Now when I told you that in Newport you said "but I like the funnel effect I don't want a stiffer center"

While I can't mimic Ben's grin I'll give ya one of my own now :lol:
Jim,
Ft. Taber Park & Brenton Point

Rev's are like a carbon framed out-of-body experience

Posted Image

#46 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 08:38 AM

Glad someone has also shouted up about them.They are Kewl.

One of The Best kept secret ther is .

Glad ya likeum Rich.Welcome to the Club.

BRIAN...

#47 Dean750

Dean750

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 11:52 PM

I don't have the SB's. But I've been messing with the comparable combos with the rods I've got. 3 wrap center Race outter and 3 wrap with the 2 wrap outer. (prefer the Race outter) Thats the std. Pro of mine.
Has anyone comboed with the Vented?

I did today and I gotta say, DAMN THATS COOL!!!
Dumb I'm sure for one reason or another, but in a steady 12 mph tonight I had a 3 wrap frame in with a 4 wrap center. Vented SB's???
I won't say anything more than I impressed the hell outta myself. B) Even with my normal brake setting I felt I could have flown on the line with no problems. Maybe I just had a high day. :blushing:

I really LOVE the stiffer center. Better precision and trickability. Slightly more flex in the tips really makes axles easier and BBBeautiful.

Dean

#48 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 12:32 AM

NICE :)

BRIAN...

#49 Love2fly

Love2fly

• Forum Member
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 08:43 AM

I'll be giving the bullets a shot in the full vent if the winds cooperate this weekend. I generally opt for the 3 wrap center and race all the way around .... a little stiffer center works for me... in any Rev!

Hi Brian-
How's everything? Come out to WSIKF :wub: .... you will have a blast!!! A few from the Jersey Crew will be representing, too!! B)

xoxo, babe!!!!
Laura

Posted Image

#50 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 09:08 AM

I'll be giving the bullets a shot in the full vent if the winds cooperate this weekend. I generally opt for the 3 wrap center and race all the way around .... a little stiffer center works for me... in any Rev!

Hi Brian-
How's everything? Come out to WSIKF :wub: .... you will have a blast!!! A few from the Jersey Crew will be representing, too!! B)

xoxo, babe!!!!

:wub: Hi Laura[Debs is here,she says hello ,and ,we wish we could come :) ].
I remember flying your vent at Liberty with the 3wrap centre and Race.I commented then how nice it was set.The Silver bullets remind me of that feel.

Have a great Time and a safe trip xxx

BRIAN...

#51 Love2fly

Love2fly

• Forum Member
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 08:07 PM

Hi Deb :blushing: ...
You know, I honestly thought about typing/saying hello and I don't know what happened. How can I ever forget you? I don't know of another person that would have hung with the gang, ALL DAY, on a day like that; without flying! Bravo!! :ani_notworthy:

Hi Brian-
Exactly my thoughts with the bullets vs. a 3 wrap center and RR all around. I'll keep everyone posted!!

xoxo to you both.
Laura

Posted Image

#52 FortFlyer

FortFlyer

Jimi Quadsticks

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 09:23 AM

Just wanted to share an experience.

After finally getting to try my experiment yesterday in really light winds, 4-6 mph hitting 8 at times.

Mid vent with silver bullets and race down spars was flying just as well and in most cases better than a standard B and not just for me, Everyone who tried it had that surprised (what the heck) look going on.

This was after flying them the other day in a standard 1.5 vented in variable winds from 5-15 mph they handled the low as well as the highs no problem (must be the argon gas they are filled with) ;)

"They all float down here Georgie"
Jim,
Ft. Taber Park & Brenton Point

Rev's are like a carbon framed out-of-body experience

Posted Image

#53 Doc-Snyder

Doc-Snyder
  • Forum Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 08:07 AM

can someone tell me how i have to put the leading edge together... silver label from the left and right rod to the inside or outside?

Edited by Doc-Snyder, 27 October 2010 - 08:08 AM.

Jens

Revolution - Flying since 2008
1.5 B Standard - MidVent - Vented / 1.5 SUL
Zen / Rev I Sedgwick Series
Blast / SuperBlast

#54 quaa714

quaa714

REVular poster

• Forum Member
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 10:35 AM

can someone tell me how i have to put the leading edge together... silver label from the left and right rod to the inside or outside?

Ilver label to the outside of the leading edge.

"Cya in the Sand!....."

"Slack lines are fine lines!"

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows" BD
"One good thing about music, when it hits you feel no pain" BM
av-1950.jpg

#55 Doc-Snyder

Doc-Snyder
  • Forum Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 11:02 AM

Ilver label to the outside of the leading edge.

thanksPosted Image
Jens

Revolution - Flying since 2008
1.5 B Standard - MidVent - Vented / 1.5 SUL
Zen / Rev I Sedgwick Series
Blast / SuperBlast

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users