#1 Scott A.

Scott A.

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 06:23 AM

Hi all,
Dave Soutar, Wings over Washington, club member, posted some photos and videos on his webshots, I will try to share the link.

Posted Image
Notice in the bottom photo, That is the lobby of the museum and at the top of the photo, is the very first manned return from space vehicle, the Mercury capsule that carried John Glenn back to earth in 1963

Attached Thumbnails

• NASM09_4u.jpg

Scott Weider
Team REV RIDERS

#2 FortFlyer

FortFlyer

Jimi Quadsticks

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 07:20 AM

Great Stuff B)
Jim,
Ft. Taber Park & Brenton Point

Rev's are like a carbon framed out-of-body experience

Posted Image

#3 Litsong

Litsong

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 08:06 AM

this must be why you are more"developed" then my country here.....
flying indoor in such a space....

i have to dream more and work harder to get the society to evolve....

or, in the mean time, go see you guys to boost my hope and vision....

thanks for sharing.
love, as if you have never been hurt before.....

#4 AldenMiler

AldenMiler

Bazzer P Wannabe

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 08:10 AM

Scott, is that bystander that you knocked down ok? I can clearly see him in the above picture. :lol:

-Alden
"Don't go in there!" RC

#5 jsking

jsking

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 11:08 AM

What a great day! Man, that event is just too darn short...ya just want to keep on flying!
Jeff
Wings Over Washington
http://www.flickr.co...44623@N00/sets/

--------------------
Revus Regnum

#6 bobw

bobw

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 04:10 PM

Wow. When I first read about this event, my mind just boggled. Flying a kite in *that* space. Makes me want to learn how to fly an indoor kite, just so I can do it next year. WOW!!!!

Thanks scottie!

#7 Love2fly

Love2fly

All Revved up... where do you want to fly?

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 08:58 PM

Hey Scott-
That looks like an awesome thing to do. How cool to be flying right next to everything from our history of aviation!!!!!
Laura

*** Any day flying is a good day; have a great one! 
**** REVS: Fly it, you'll like it!
***** L.S.P. ... It's worth the trip!

Posted Image

#8 Scott A.

Scott A.

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 05:14 AM

this must be why you are more"developed" then my country here.....
flying indoor in such a space....

i have to dream more and work harder to get the society to evolve....

or, in the mean time, go see you guys to boost my hope and vision....

thanks for sharing.

Hi Litsong,
Indoor kites have been a monthly gathering in the Northeast USA, since the 1990's, So you are on the right track, and as you know even when interest settled some, Your inspiration came from some of the flying we have done here in Newport RI (INDOOR) at our summer festival. So keep up your ISPACE it has grown leaps and bounds already, as evident in Wen's Videos, The technology is here for us to see what happened last weekend over in Taiwan so that inspiration can only help.
Take Bob W, he's flying Rev's for a short time and his vision is to fly in the Smithsonian, all things are possible. The JSKING group (Wings Over Washington) has begun a regular indoor fly prior to the Smithsonian, JEFF debuted his own handcrafted indoor kite with color matching wardrobe, to different pieces of music, and one year later he rocked, (As his lovely wife, Joyce said, "Hambone") we had 10 plus flyers and some that I saw, was their first public exhibition. at the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum???, WOW.
I flew indoor for several years, before I was invited to exhibit ANYWHERE. OUR HISTORY IS relatively short so anyone with the bug should really learn it, it is young living history! The materials these days really make it much more attainable for creative minds to make their own kites. We need to keep gathering and sharing our passion. ISPACE is the future!

Scott, is that bystander that you knocked down ok? I can clearly see him in the above picture. :lol:

-Alden

I've been known to knock a hat off or two, OOPs
I was lucky to have a photog ( Great flyer/ Photographer and Videographer, Andrew Albosta on the ground) think outside the box and get a different perspective than just standing and holding a camera at eye level. ( And Dave soutar from up on the second level) At least Andrew was laying on the carpet and not in the mud or snow!!

I will share every ounce of my years of indoor experience anytime anywhere. Some people think that Indoor is all I do, But I spent years flying in every different wind condition or space you can imagine, It all has helped with my indoor, as flying in a controlled atmosphere is the easiest to predict. So get out in your backyard, local basketball court outside when the wind drops and play with the conditions, that will ready anyone for flying on short lines with light kites. My neighbors think I'm crazy as I have flown my indoor REV in my yard in the snow. It all CAN lead to flying for such a captive audience at a venue like the Smithsonians AIR AND SPACE MUSEUM!! If We respect and honor the craft!!! The crowds come into the museum and their minds are already open to such wonderment! What an honor to be able to exhibit our passion.
Scott Weider
Team REV RIDERS

#9 REVflyer

REVflyer

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:21 AM

The coordinator for NASM said we are her favorite family activity on the yearly schedule, for both their employees and the spectators.

We had so much fun,
but one girl in particular sounded like she'd won the lottery all day long, howls, screams, applause, whistles and cat calls. Patsy's 1st time flying in public and she's inside a national museum with some of the nation's finest fliers as HER audience!

We had some great performances, too many to list. I will say that Paulie Berard is a one-man show, nobody else interacts with a crowd like that bare-footed wonder boy from New England.

#10 Litsong

Litsong

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:24 AM

The coordinator for NASM said we are her favorite family activity on the yearly schedule, for both their employees and the spectators.

We had so much fun,
but one girl in particular sounded like she'd won the lottery all day long, howls, screams, applause, whistles and cat calls. Patsy's 1st time flying in public and she's inside a national museum with some of the nation's finest fliers as HER audience!

We had some great performances, too many to list. I will say that Paulie Berard is a one-man show, nobody else interacts with a crowd like that bare-footed wonder boy from New England.

wow! Pauli, yeah, one of my favorites.....any video?
love, as if you have never been hurt before.....

#11 REVflyer

REVflyer

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 02:40 AM

found a bunch of 'em on youtube with the search NASM kite day

here's paulie (one of the museum's "big 3")  

Amy Doran and Connor came one year

Ashworth ('07) 

Dave's design that we want released to Revolution for commercial purposes (3rd Gen) 

Will Sturdy's single lined glider  

Luckily my bride represents the kiting community to the museum as coordinator and ALLOWS me to join in

Soul flying to music Terry picked out using Dave's 2nd Gen indoor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users