#1 pitviper51

pitviper51

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 08:12 PM

Well,
Today was a fun day! i got my rev 1.5 vented today, which Love2fly made a good deal on. Thank you :) so its official im a rev head now! this is soo much fun. I picked the kite up from work where i had it sent to, since it was my day off i called up to see if i my package came in and yep! so on the way out to the rc field for the years first outdoor fly i picked it up. everything was in good shape. i layed out the lines i got from The Kite Shoppe and then spent 20 minits undoing the mess i made to get the lines untangled. ok now for the fun part! once i got it all sorted out the wind atop the landfill was going great 13-15 mph id guess. not having the chance to see the dvd i didnt know what knot to use on the handles so the first hop was goofy but after i moved the top lines closer to the handles it was all smooth from there. i have to say at first i was in shock at how much differnt the rev flys, but after a good hour of goofing around the imputs are getting more second nature and i even had a few inverted hovers with no issue. the funny part is i forgot to get someone to take photos since i was haven to much fun. so i had to get the photo after i was done. thanks again Laura for the cool kite!
mike

PS,, think ill have to get the SUL soon..

Attached Thumbnails

• myrevwallpaper.jpg

#2 kitecowboy

kitecowboy

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 08:21 PM

Inverted hover first time out? thats just great now I officialy suck :censored: :ani_wallbash:
Cowboy, rocks in your pockets couldn't hurt.

#3 pitviper51

pitviper51

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 08:27 PM

i guess i just catch on things fast, between the rc giant scale aerobatics that i have progressed into over the past 5 years and years of 2 liners( which after today only helped a little...) im sure my hand eye corodination is good, but these revs are a new animal to me and what a rush! i still have lots to learn for i am mearly a padawan B)
mike

#4 Jeff

Jeff

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 08:31 PM

i still have lots to learn for i am mearly a padawan B)
mike

Well, there is that fest near Cinci that's just a few hours from you in a couple more weeks...we'll have a nice group of Rev fliers on hand...
CYuLf.jpg 0LPEo.png and ybuXm.png

#5 pitviper51

pitviper51

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 08:40 PM

Well, there is that fest near Cinci that's just a few hours from you in a couple more weeks...we'll have a nice group of Rev fliers on hand...

i thought about it, but i need to keep my days off for my plans in june which i have already gotten revervations for. i do plan to make one of the big fests some day. the lucky part is i will be flying with some one that has been flying revs for a while so i got some help here. thanks for the invite tho , well off to dream land to practice flying. ;)
mike

#6 Love2fly

Love2fly

All Revved up... where do you want to fly?

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 10:39 PM

Hi Mike-
I knew you would pick it up quick. Nice photo, btw.
Best of everything with the rev.
Laura

*** Any day flying is a good day; have a great one! 
**** REVS: Fly it, you'll like it!
***** L.S.P. ... It's worth the trip!

Posted Image

#7 Aerochic

Aerochic

Revadelic

• Forum Member
  • 2,722 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 04:15 AM

Sounds like your first outing with the Rev was a smashing success! Congratulations! :clap;

Better Living Through Rev Flying...

Rev Themed Ts & Goodies: http://www.zazzle.co...ckarts/clothing
Aerostakes: http://www.etsy.com/shop/LeshockArts
Rev Galleries: http://www.revkites....=user&user=1408
Flickr Pics: http://www.flickr.co...s/16896184@N05/

#8 pitviper51

pitviper51

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 04:09 PM

thanks, i gave th 50 ft lines a try tonight is barly enough wind to fly, but it flew! i thought i was going to have a video to show, but the camera battery died 1 minit hha,. soon tho. i for sure need a sul the light wind flying is soo fun. wow the 50s are differnt!
mike

#9 DB Cooper

DB Cooper

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 07:01 PM

Congrats on the Rev and kudos on the flying. Love2fly sold you an awesome looking kite. I love that color scheme.

#10 Love2fly

Love2fly

All Revved up... where do you want to fly?

• Forum Member
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 07:32 PM

Congrats on the Rev and kudos on the flying. Love2fly sold you an awesome looking kite. I love that color scheme.

I do, too. I have the SUL in this pattern (my avitar) and it truly is one of my favorite Revs. It probably has more hours on it than all of my others combined!
Laura

*** Any day flying is a good day; have a great one! 
**** REVS: Fly it, you'll like it!
***** L.S.P. ... It's worth the trip!

Posted Image

#11 pitviper51

pitviper51

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 08:19 PM

right now i cant decide what color sul to get.. likly red white blue, as much as i want the custom all white i dont need to spend extra at this point.. tho... :wacko:
mike

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users