• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 nailimexam

nailimexam
  • Forum Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 06:47 PM

Hi,

I got my Rev 2-4 the end of last summer (amazing kite). A few days/flights after I got it, I noticed a few loose threads in the seems. Is this normal? What should I do to fix this and prevent it in the future?

Also, during flight, the rubber rings(there to protect the bridal lines) on the end caps get pushed over the ends of the leading edge. Is this a common problem? Or were my rubber rings made a little to big. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks.

#2 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,467 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 11:48 AM

Hi,

I got my Rev 2-4 the end of last summer (amazing kite). A few days/flights after I got it, I noticed a few loose threads in the seems. Is this normal? What should I do to fix this and prevent it in the future?

Also, during flight, the rubber rings(there to protect the bridal lines) on the end caps get pushed over the ends of the leading edge. Is this a common problem? Or were my rubber rings made a little to big. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks.

How about supplying some photos of the problem areas. Surely someone will have a response for you.

Long John (formerly Mr. R)

STACK International Executive Committee - 6/1996-6/2008
International Rules Book Committee and STACK International Head Judge - 6/2004-6/2008
World Sport Kite Championship Judge - 2004-2005-2006(Chief Judge)
13x 1st - 12x 2nd - 6x 3rd places in 37 overall Quadline individual competitions

Web Site - http://www.johnnmitchell.com/index.html Check it out today!

#3 awindofchange

awindofchange

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 12:31 PM

As far as the loose threads, if the stitching is coming undone then you may have an issue, if it is just some left over fraying then you can dab a small amount of clear fingernail polish on it and that will fix the fraying, if it is on the edge of the leading edge then fraying is common from the kite being scraped or dragged across the ground. Usually a very quick flash from a lighter will take care of any of that, be careful not to get it too much or you could melt it to far. Fingernail polish there will work just fine too! Just trim off any really long frays with some scissors first.

The rubber end caps are made to stop the plastic cap from going to far into the leading edge and cutting your bridle. If you come in contact with the ground then it is very possible (and quite common) for the rubber stoppers to push over your bridle and off of the end of the cap. Just slide them back into place and your good to go. You could actually fly without the rubber caps at all but you do risk cutting your bridle lines on the end of the cap. As you fly, just check the end caps from time to time to make sure the rubber stoppers are where they should be.

Hope that helps.

#4 FortFlyer

FortFlyer

Jimi Quadsticks

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 04:13 PM

If you are handy or know someone who is on a lathe you can make custom endcaps out of high density nylon dowel, Get some about 3/16" thicker than the outside of the LE turn down a short portion to slide in. Drill a hole on the end and thread your bungee and bridle through and it works much better.
Jim,
Ft. Taber Park & Brenton Point

Rev's are like a carbon framed out-of-body experience

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users