• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 nailimexam

nailimexam
  • Forum Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 06:37 PM

Hi,

I can relaunch it most of the time when its flat and face down with leading edge toward me (providing there is either enough wind or enough field space to run backwards after the wrist flick) however I can't relaunch it when its flat on its back or when its flat face down with the leading edge away from me.

Any tips?

Also, my palm muscles near the pinky and ring finger get sore during/after a flight where I am practicing the "power lock". I do keep my hands really relaxed when not in the power lock, but I get soreness and sometimes pain when I rotate the handles. I hold the handles with the thumbs on the back and thumb tips just below the top of the handles. Should I be holding the handles lower down?

I have also thought about using a harness and stroop line when/if I start buggying to releve the pinky soreness. Have any of you used a harness with the blast kites?

The Rev 2-4 is my first quad line kite and its amazing. It can go fast and slow, has great power which can be dumped instantly, can be flown in super light winds (easier for me to fly in below 3 mph than my ultralight two liners because of its amazing glide ratio) and has great control and maneuverability. I got the hang of basic flying in a few minutes (my first two line sport kite took me many hours and several separate outings to keep in the air with any type of control). Are all Revs this easy to get the basics?

Thanks for your help.

P.S. I posted a question in the support section about loose thread and sliding end cap rings.

#2 awindofchange

awindofchange

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 12:35 PM

You may want to reposition your hands on the handles to make it easier on your muscles. Play with a couple positions until you find what is most comfortable. You may also want to try some light duty gloves (like golf gloves or something similar) that may also help.

Usually if the wing tips are pointing towards you then the kite is pretty easy to relaunch, all you need to do is flick the brake lines as you take a few steps backwards and the wing tips will float up off of the ground and the kite should stand up on its leading edge. If the kite floats up backwards, just flick the handles until it snaps back frontwards again.

You do need good ground wind speed to get the kite to flip back up. In ultra light wind you may need to do a lot of backing up to get it to come up.

Hope this helps.

#3 TimW

TimW

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 02:17 AM

Just an idea that i have used with Delta's and Power kites over the years, trust me, with a little effort, it does work.
If you get a pair of wrist straps (as used in kite killers) and attach some line at the centre point to the strap, then the ends can be 'tuned' to keep the kite in a central position in the air by attaching them to the top and bottom of the handles (i use keyring clips for quick release)
This idea is good for a few moments reprise, but is no substitute for a conrolled landing and anchoring rest.
With some fine tuning, this idea can be used to take the full pull of the kite leaving your hands free for full control if you set the line so it holds the handles where they would normally sit.
This idea was tried and tested over many years, and does work

Hope this may help
Cheers
Tim
Finally getting my own back on the wind, after being pushed around by it for years.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users