line sets

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 johnesso

johnesso
  • Forum Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 05:23 PM

An easy one. From my understanding a REV 2 comes complete with everything, handles and lines included. Is the line set used on the REV 2 the same as a B Series Vented. The reason I ask is that I'm ordering either one or both of them next week and may be able to save a little by just having the one set of lines to change between the two sets of handles. So I have a couple of days to decide - do I get one or both. Also have to come to grips with the only colour in stock for the B Vented is purple. The REV 2 is not in stock and will have to be ordered in from the US. I'm on the west coast of Australia and the kite shop is on the east coast so I'm going to have to be patient I suppose.

#2 Choccy

Choccy

Occasion-al Flyer

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 06:09 PM

I'm on the west coast of Australia and the kite shop is on the east coast so I'm going to have to be patient I suppose.

I empathise completely, and share your pain....
PM inbound....

Also I don't always switch to the smaller rev II handles when flying it... flies well with the B-series handles.
although maybe I ought to swap them over ;)
1 of the 47.

#3 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 03:18 AM

Wht you want to try to do if you can, presuming both linsets are the same length is try to get one of the swapped out for a different length.

Most bundled sets are normally around 80ft, which is cool to fly on but a shame to get 2 sets the same.

Longer sets let you try more tricks of flying B4 you crash, you have a MUCH bigger flying window if that makes sense.

120ft lines are REALY cool and if you get together with other fliers most team type flies are on those (I know Austrailia is a huge place. You might not be able to fly with other Revs).

The other option is as you said, save a few Dollars and only have one line set.

Do be careful however, many Rev packages come WITHOUT lines. So make sure that will be part of the package. Be a shame to open the pack and have nothing to connect the handles to the kite.

Another option, buy a spool of bulk line and some sleeving, make some lines up yourself. It is not too difficult, if I can do it pretty much anyone can. There are many descriptions on here for making line sets.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users